Post YOUR Hatchback here
By jpfeffer
CyberDictator wrote:looking great! I too will be falowing your build. :woot: Also what are the part numbers for your fuel system upgrade?

So, it's just a few parts:

-5 AN Tube Nut - EAR-581805ERL - $3.25
-5 AN Tube Sleeve - EAR-581905ERL - $1.95
-5 AN to -6 AN Reducer - EAR-991907ERL - $6.69
(2) -6 AN Hose Ends - SUM-220690 - $4.88 each
3 ft -6 AN Braided Hose - SUM-230603 - $14.95
Inline Fuel Filter - EDL-8130 - $26.95
Adapter Required for Your Specific Fuel Rail - My VX Motor requires a Banjo Fitting - RUS-640920 - $19.95

Some other 90 degree bends and things like that might be required too depending on your specific application. All part numbers are through SummitRacing.com Oh, and I used this as a guide: http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=785 ... sc&start=0

Hope this helps! Those prices and part numbers are current as of 11:21 pm Central Time tonight. Lol.
By jpfeffer
#318540 Quick update before bed:

Sprayed the suspension parts today, installed my new rear hatch (WHOO HOO!), and undercoated the front wheel wells. The tentative plan is to reinstall the front suspension tomorrow, and do the rear suspension as well. Not in as much detail as the front, mainly just undercoated with the coils installed. Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well! Now for the pics:

Painted the rotors black because they'll be getting replaced before it hits the road anyways. Didn't waste the extra time taping. More updates soon!
By jpfeffer
#318652 Reinstalled the front suspension yesterday. Then I jacked up the rear and removed the stock struts. Found out I needed new LCAs in the rear since ALL of the bolts were rusted into the metal sleeves in the bushings. Tried PB Blaster, sledge hammers, etc, and they wouldn't budge. I also undercoated the rear wheel wells. After looking at the pictures, I didn't get them quite as good as I thought. I missed a few spots, but nothing major. My rear coilovers are ready to go in once I get the new LCAs, and then the car will be back on the ground and waiting for the motor to be dropped in. The new mounts came in yesterday, so now I'm just waiting on the bolts and what not from Majesty Honda to come in. My Blackworks front bumper mounts came in today as well. The car didn't get buffed this week like I had hoped. Probably next week. Here's a few photos, and I apologize for the poor update this time. :(

[CENTER]Image
Image[/CENTER]
By onibakagaijin
#318704 Cars looking amazing and the color came out really good. Some amazing body work too.
By jpfeffer
#318723 I really appreciate all of the kind words everyone. It truly helps to motivate a build like this, especially when the builder wakes up and 'doesn't feel' like going to work on the car. :thumb: I hope to have a lot more updates this week. Only two days off unfortunately, and lots of 16 hour shifts, but I'll be doing the best I can to make progress. I really want this car to be in my own garage!
By Punksz6
#318758 Love that color!! Cant wait to see it all done up! :thumb:
By jpfeffer
#318956 The Car Is Home!

Before I post about my car though, I took apart a Fox body Mustang the other day, and it's by far the stupidest car ever to take apart. I'll take my Civic any day if I have to actually work on it. Lol. But to the good part...

While tearing apart the LCAs in the rear, the bolts seized/rusted and I had to cut them out. Then I had to make the decision as to buy new LCAs or buy new bushings. I'm cheap, so when I found new LCAs for ~$60, I jumped on it. It was like buying 4 new bushings, and getting two for free, plus the arm! They aren't anything fancy, but I'm happy with them. Also bought new bolts to secure the rear suspension. Long story short, the rear suspension all went together well, along with the rear coilovers. The only problem I had was that the coilover bolts were too big to fit through the stock bushings, so new 10mm bolts had to be found. No big deal. Here's a few shots:

I sprayed the mirrors and the rockers with something called 'Trim Black'. They came out better than they were stock, but the product was a little more thick than I had anticipated. It's not bad, but could've been better. And the reason I went black on the mirrors was because it'll look stock-ish while they're on the car, but I plan on replacing the mirrors with CF pieces before long, so they'll be for sale, and Cement Grey won't match much. Black will. :shrug:

So, besides those few updates, all I've got are a bunch of photos of the car on the ground with the new wheels. These pictures were taken during the buffing process, so some of them have a flat look to the paint after sanding it and before buffing it. Here's just a few of them:

In the garage. My wife isn't too pleased with losing her spot, so my next order of business will be clearing out the side that's full of engine/transmission junk. Lol. She's been super understanding so far though!

Our current dailys guarding the new one. Lol.

Updates should be more frequent now that the car is in my own garage. Now I can work on it whenever I want to and not have to drive 45 minutes to see it. Hope everyone likes it!
By ToviEj1
#319019 Man that is nice, good save. I always wanted a battleship gray or vsm eg lol.
By kapow
#319276 best color on civic-eg!