Post YOUR Hatchback here
By HeikDiesel
#317773 So rewind back to February 2011 I decided that I had found a car that I wanted to rescue. It was a 1992 Civic SIR-S. The car had started its life as being red but had been painted white along the way. So I flew out and drove the car home.

Here is a few pics from the day I brought it home

I decided I wasn't happy with the suspension. Always wanted to do a 5 lug, an no not for the JDM appeal. Just wanted a subtle difference from most civics. Went with a CTR 5 lug, AMR engineering coilovers, hardrace bushings, optional usdm civic si wheels and Falken tires.

Fast foward to a few weeks later I had the 5 lug and bushings done. Also put in a set of JDM Integra Recaros since the car was missing the factory seats and I couldnt find any SIR-S fronts

By HeikDiesel
#317776 Pretty much that summer I just drove and enjoyed the car. Took a job transfer and didn't get to enjoy the car as much as I wish I could have. Actually had the car for sale at one time, but I found a better daily driver than my other civic that I was driving so I decided to keep it. Here's a few pics from that summer:

I put the car in storage that winter and decided that for 2012 I was going to fix all the things that bothered me about the paint. The outside of the car was fairly clean, but they didn't do a very good job of masking things off and the engine bay was chipping and looked like total crap. We started the restoration in late January of this year.

Completely stripped the car down and sent it off for paint. The goal was to totally get rid of the white so that it would appear that the car was never painted white, returning it to factory look. Took a few months but we got the result we wanted

Before

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r312 ... Paint3.jpg[/img]

After

From there it was just cleaning and assembly. Spent a lot of time on doing stainless fasteners all over the engine bay. Wanted to do my own thing rather than order shelf units. Pulled the trans and cleaned the engine and trans. Installed a ACT clutch, the supercharger, bolted everything up and put them back in the bay. Also tucked the brake lines in the car so that the firewall would be a little more clean

Finished up some little stuff. Put on my BackYard special parts, fenders, made all the body lines flush, did the dash and interior, etc

Had a full 3" stainless exhaust built for the car with a Vibrant race muffler. Car is stupid loud and I sometimes like it, but for the most part it's pretty annoying. I will probably add resonators and a different muffler at some point

Put the car on the dyno. Made 229hp and 166tq on a Superflow. Pretty pleased with the numbers. After that, just put the bumper and other odds and ends on.

That's pretty much how the car sits now. I have retired it to storage for now but I plan to keep trying to improve it. I'm always open to comments postitve or negative so feel free to ask questions or make comments and I'll do my best to help. I made this because a lot of the over seas guys don't get to see a lot of the other forums I post on. Enjoy, and thanks for your time
Last edited by HeikDiesel on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By ThatguyInAhatch
#317777 woow this is beautiful nice build man.
By rootbeer_eg
#317778 is your supercharger watercooled??
if so thats totally badass more pics of that :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By HeikDiesel
rootbeer_eg wrote:is your supercharger watercooled??
if so thats totally badass more pics of that :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Yes it is. www.lhtperformance.net does the manifold part and they also do a heat exchanger kit, but this one is a little custom. Uses a bosch pump, modified pwr radiator, and about a 80/20 water to glycol mix

By Eg6H2D
#317781 Love it! Great choice in going back to the Original color!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :woot: :woot:
By TrailerTrash
#317783 Image
By JohnRM
#317788 Beautiful car and EXCELLENT job restoring it!
By EJ1_MK
#317790 Super nice man, huge props :thumb: Do you have any detailed pics of the brake tuck: interesting in seeing how you ran the lines within the frame rail
By Punksz6
#317813 NICE!! :thumb:
By blk92hb
EJ1_MK wrote:Super nice man, huge props :thumb: Do you have any detailed pics of the brake tuck: interesting in seeing how you ran the lines within the frame rail

also what was the cover thing on the brake lines that attached to the master cylinder
By onibakagaijin
#317849 Holy geeze that looks good. Nice build