Post YOUR Hatchback here
By SK
#316400 Sup guys, I'm new here and this is my first car. I picked up a 1992 Hatch with a b18 for $300 bucks. The guy needed money, and it really needed a lot of work.
When I bought it-

Immediately went to work, trying to strip the body kit, making everything fit, and replacing everything on a shoestring budget, going to junkyards or calling up friends. As a precaution, my dad decided to swap my b18 into his civic and take his d15 and put it into mine, so I wouldn't be tempted to street race or anything.
After the motor swap-

Bought some fenders and front bumper off a friend for $30.
installed-

Picked up some headlights from him also. -

Time goes on, I run into some problems... The side skirts and rear bumper are molded to the body. So I opt to keep them because fall is coming, but I split the rear bumper from the quarter panels. Picked up some Rotas for $400 and got a paintjob from a good friend for $200 only. Color was a bit off, but I was happy.

Total investment in the car is about $1500 as of today, and I'm happy that I have a car to go to school, work, and around the town.

As it sits today-

Sure the body kit is a little ricey and its not perfect, but I'm happy with it, and that everything is paid for by me. Plans for now are to lower it in the spring, and find another suitable engine swap for the future.
Last edited by SK on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Apexracing
#316403 get a lip for the front bumper, it looks odd sitting higher than the rest. Other wise not too shabby. Keep up the work :thumb:
By SK
#319684 Took some pics. I hate how high it is, so I'm saving up for some coilovers and a lip soon.

By Ajax1989
#319688 :welcome:

I like your attitude with the bodykit. As long as yoyr happy thats all that matters
By chrono404
94_jdm_ferio wrote::welcome:

I like your attitude with the bodykit. As long as your happy thats all that matters

x2

Its cool you have a car to be able to drive around with, However I would be upset that my dad took my OEM lights and my B18 swap. Thats just me though.

I Look forward to seeing what you do with this. :thumb:
By EJ1_MK
#319695 :welcome:

I suggest finding an A6 cam and a Z6 intake manifold, for the d15 makes a world of difference,

Make sure to not skimp out of suspension parts get stuff you can trust. same with tires and brakes.
By SK
#319701 Thanks everyone! I can honestly say that I love my car, and usually brush off the rice comments about it lol. My dad took the b18 from my car, and actually put it into his coupe. He basically used my car as a parts car haha. I'm getting a job soon so I can actually start funding this car. The only thing is, I kinda don't know where to get good parts locally since half of this car is junkyard parts. For now, the main priority is to do what I can before winter hits.
By Apexracing
#319706 Is mike still in chicago. If so some one intorduce this kid to him. I think mike can steer him in the right direction
By Ajax1989
#319707 Mike is in AZ
By Apexracing
94_jdm_ferio wrote:Mike is in AZ

ah damn that bad luck. Any other reputable members in his area?
By SK
#321346 New update! :)
I'm pretty sure I blew a piston ring in my d15.
SO I HAVE A QUESTION! I might buy a zc motor tonight. What do I need to drop it in my car? It comes with everything but the ecu, it has a crx si ecu. What do I need?