Post YOUR Hatchback here
By kimo
kapow wrote:Image

Just curious, what size tires are you running on this beast! Any more plans for it?

Tyre size is 195/50/15. +35 offset on the Rega's. Don't think i mentioned the brake setup either. Prelude calipers front 282mm discs, eg6 rear brakes. I still have quite a few plans to tidy up the body more, i broke off my spoon PU lip when i had the car very low, and have recently put on a mugen fibreglass one, but i don't think i like it as much. I also have a JDM P30 ECU that has been chipped with a crome tune that i would like to get in and setup for the car. I have done the basic IHE mods, so will probably move onto getting more power out of the engine at some stage by doing some work on the internals. Short term though would be to tidy my engine bay a bit :)
By kimo
EG-T wrote::thumb: I have wanted that interior since I got mine.

Yeah the interior is quite hard to come by as it's from an eg6 sir-s, I got lucky sourcing it as the person i got my Recaro seat rails off happened to have the whole interior in his garage when i went round to pick up the rails, he also had many other honda treasures in there that i would of liked to have bought but couldn't afford :(. The alternatives however are to get a dash from an eg9 or ej coupe which there seem to be more of in the US, ej door cards fit as far as i know too.
By kimo
#323514 Might as well bump this up a bit. I have since added a buddyclub pro spec exhaust system, toda copy header, spoon PU lip, a spoon wing, spoon engine damper an s2k engine start button, and blacked out my headlights. There's a few misc bits in there i've probably failed to mention too.
Anyway, fresh pics:

And yes i'm aware of how untidy my engine bay is, it's on my list :)
By gtstripes
#324305 is that a mitsubishi legnum i see in the 1st pic behind ur car?? pure seeeeex :thumb:

nice car aswell bro! in for updates :woot: i got my rear seats from NZ
By kimo
gtstripes wrote:is that a mitsubishi legnum i see in the 1st pic behind ur car?? pure seeeeex :thumb:

nice car aswell bro! in for updates :woot: i got my rear seats from NZ

Thanks man. Yeah it appears that it is a Legnum, although it's not mine, nor do i know who's it is, it just happens to be in the background of that photo haha. The only update i have at this stage is that i have had the car certified, which means that the car goes through a compliance test in light of all the modifications made so that it can be deemed safe and fully road legal.
I plan on building up the head with some bigger cams etc, then tuning the car for more power. I also have some nice te37's that i plan on wrapping with semi slicks for the track, so there should be updates to come :thumb:
By EG6_rugby
#325797 nice work. didnt know kiwis where honda fans :thumb:
By gtstripes
#325800 NZ get all sorts of imported cars, so jelouse!!

there was another kiwi here that i belkieve had a bagged eg
By kimo
#325901 We don't get anything imported over 6 years old now. So we are only left with what we have still got in the country which is aging fast!

gtstripes wrote:NZ get all sorts of imported cars, so jelouse!!

there was another kiwi here that i belkieve had a bagged eg
By kimo
thenewvessel wrote:Very nice. So cleannn :thumb:

Where did you get that carpeting insert?

Thanks. It's just the stock grey carpet cleaned and sprayed black following asianrob's DIY, and with Integra Type R floor mats on top. Have to touch up the carpet every now and then as it can rub away in some areas, i would ideally like to get some carpet fabricated for it, or get carpet from an ej coupe, which are harder to come by here than they are in the US.
By kimo
#326016 Here she is again after a good day out:

My trusty old daily in the background there too 8)
By EG6_rugby
#326018 Enjoying the simple look. clean. I remeber when first fast and furious came out. everybody was rocking the stickers and spoilers. Good to see cars like these being built
By kimo
#338354 It's been a while since I've posted on here :shock:, I have a couple of updates on the progress of the car.

Tidied up my engine bay a bit:

Before

After - Phase 1 of the tidy up, still not fully complete yet 8)

Also some parts that I hope to be putting into the head at some stage:

In the photo are some S2 Pro Spec Cams, titanium valve springs and retainers, some new valve stem seals, ARP Head Bolts & Studs, AEM adjustable cam gears, Buddyclub head gasket and a new fuel pump, also have some prelude injectors that will go in too.

I had the car on the dyno too recently and managed to put down 142wkw or 190whp which I was very happy with considering I haven't upgraded the head yet or even tuned the car for its current IHE mods.

Haven't changed the car too much cosmetically as it's pretty much exactly how I like it., I did however get a nice new Spoon Sports steering wheel while I was in the States a couple of months ago :D

Will try to update more often!