Post YOUR Hatchback here
By bsnizzle
#309155 even though the motor blew I got my new konigs in! yay!, but the eg will be on the road soon again, and with a full fresh rebuilt z6 i'm finishing up on.
Tell me what ya think, their 15x8 with 25 offset, have more pics installed with tires soon
By JohnRM
#309159 Beautiful :thumb:
By teal_dx
#309161 They look good! They're a volk ce28 knockoff but I wonder why Konig felt the need to stamp a fake Rays logo on the outside? Konig is a good wheel company with a strong reputation. PuttIng the fake Rays logo on them says cheap china eBay knockoff. :?
By DontHateonEG8
teal_dx wrote:They look good! They're a volk ce28 knockoff but I wonder why Konig felt the need to stamp a fake Rays logo on the outside? Konig is a good wheel company with a strong reputation. PuttIng the fake Rays logo on them says cheap china eBay knockoff. :?

maybe they are volks haha
By JohnRM
teal_dx wrote:They look good! They're a volk ce28 knockoff but I wonder why Konig felt the need to stamp a fake Rays logo on the outside? Konig is a good wheel company with a strong reputation. PuttIng the fake Rays logo on them says cheap china eBay knockoff. :?

I wondered the same thing. I have Konig Wideopens on my car that resembles the Enkei RPF1's with a 2 1/2 inch lip and I found out that Konig was able to make these wheels with permission from Enkei. Maybe it's the same with Rays?
By TrailerTrash
JohnRM wrote:

I wondered the same thing. I have Konig Wideopens on my car that resembles the Enkei RPF1's with a 2 1/2 inch lip and I found out that Konig was able to make these wheels with permission from Enkei. Maybe it's the same with Rays?

oh my i LOVE wideopens :thumb:

as said above maybe they are Volks...

did you actually buy them from Konig?

they look like they are going to fit perfect but didnt you test fit them with the suspension compressed yet? you might run into some rubbing issues
By teal_dx
#309178 The rays logo on the wheel actually says RAVS, not RAYS real logo but in the same type style. I wonder if konig outsourced the manufacturing to another company that makes imitations.

Either way, they look great, love the dish 8)
By EJ1_MK
teal_dx wrote:The rays logo on the wheel actually says RAVS, not RAYS real logo but in the same type style. I wonder if konig outsourced the manufacturing to another company that makes imitations.

Either way, they look great, love the dish 8)

There was a picture the other day that was of a set of Konig in Mag blue that actually had the RAYS ENG. just like his do around the edge there. JHPUSA you can see it clear as day on all the colors. Very interesting, it looks like maybe rays designed it or konig is manufacturing it for rays who knows there are so many companies that use each other do things anymore hard to keep track.

As they are 15x8 depending on your ride height I would recommend you rolling your fenders for clearance Also depends on tire setup on how much you have to roll them. Just be aware of this don't want to cut into sidewalls of tires when you hit bumps.
By bsnizzle
#309234 thanks guys, as far as the rays logos even the inside of them marking the available sizes are the same as the ce28, they weigh hardly nothing and their made of the same material.
All I can realy say about the manufacturing of them is that either A: Rays eng. owns a larger portion of konigs stock, or B: rays stoped making the 8 spoke ce and konig bought the rites of them and rays just make the 10 spoke, either way to me its the same really, cause even my work at our machine shop we do alot of things other companies do with the same material and same manner of making the product just different in price ya know.
cause as long as their done right the only difference is where the person that had part in production of the wheel lives is not gonna be the same lol
By bsnizzle
#309236 thanks guys, as far as the rays logos even the inside of them marking the available sizes are the same as the ce28, they weigh hardly nothing and their made of the same material.
All I can realy say about the manufacturing of them is that either A: Rays eng. owns a larger portion of konigs stock, or B: rays stoped making the 8 spoke ce and konig bought the rites of them and rays just make the 10 spoke, either way to me its the same really, cause even my work at our machine shop we do alot of things other companies do with the same material and same manner of making the product just different in price ya know.
cause as long as their done right the only difference is where the person that had part in production of the wheel lives is not gonna be the same lol