Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Graham
#311931 Not had a great deal of time to work on the eg recently, but got a couple small bits fitted. Picked up some eg6 sir rear lights and also a 1 piece sir spoiler

Before:

After:

Still not got a window for it or put it in for an mot yet :thumbdown:

Also sold my ep3 and bought a clio to use everyday - do you guys even know what they are...?! :lol:

By Graham
#315607 Been cracking on with the vti this week as going to be selling it once its back on the road - bought an eg sir to use instead of this!

Took the import stuff id put on it back off - just gonna leave it original and sell on the things i bought, so back to uk lights, spoiler and not using the import tailgate now either!

Stripped out the dash and the sunvisors etc to cut out the windscreen, probably didn't have to but didn't take long and wasnt wanting to damage anything

Fixed the dent on the roof, didn't go as far into the window recess as i thought but gonna paint this part before fitting the new window

Tapped oot

Sanded

Filled twice

Left it at that till i get some primer as ran out last week, got some work done on the drivers quarter though. Made some repair panels and welded them in

Not the best welds the world has ever seen but will do the job! Zinc primed both bits and gonna get it jacked up and plate the inner arch, get it all undersealed then buff down the welds on the outside, repair and paint it! Have the drivers wing to paint too and at least 1 bumper so plenty to keep me busy...

Also not using the regamasters on this anymore, will put them on the sir. 2 of them were bent and turned out they needed major work, had been welded before and then cracked again, had dents, bent spokes, bent lips - the lot! Also had a set of eg vti wheels i bought off Oz ages ago so gonna put them on this now, be better with the original wheels anyway. 1 of them needed welding too so i took the 3 damaged wheels through to Ace in Carnwath to be fixed!

This wheel had a big cut out of it, looked like someone took an angle grinder to it :|

The regamasters now nice and round 8-)

Very happy with the work, plus now the tyres are off i cant believe how light they are - the 1 vti wheel is way heavier than 2 regamasters :lol:

Couple pics of the sir if anyones not seen it on facebook

Shiny primer!

Spot the run! :P

Painted the wheels quickly this morning, they look crap but not too fussed, theyre just standard wheels anyway! Getting tyres on them tomorrow morning then spend a bit of time on the brakes, paint the wiper arms and thats it all back together ready for an mot! After its on the road ill spend a good few days flattening and polishing and finishing it all off so its ready to sell :thumb:
By brandoff88
#315625 nice turn around, i love when people put these cars back on the road, i love that you took the time to fix the small things for someone else to enjoy also. two thumbs up good sir! :thumb: :thumb:
By Apexracing
#315926 Pictures of said ep3? lol
By Apexracing
#315961 Type r im jealous
By leonsel
#316014 Good job on the EG :thumb:
By fago88
#316321 nice rebuild so far :) now looks like a good stock EG6 :thumb: :thumb:
What are your plans now?