Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Civic_HatchSI
#325914 That is way to much work lol. Nice job, you have lots of patience props to you :thumb:
By meatsheets
92CivicSquach wrote:Man rust work looks like a bitch. I have a lot of respect for people who take on that job. When i was looking for my car the one stipulation i had was it couldnt have rust. Easier said then done, and i probably paid way to much for my hatch....but i didnt have to do rust work. I love to see a hatch being saved. Props man.

Thanks man, I tried finding one with no rust to but its almost impossible without paying over 4 grand. Which is a lot for me haha.
By meatsheets
Civic_HatchSI wrote:That is way to much work lol. Nice job, you have lots of patience props to you :thumb:

It was a ton of work. Well worth it though! thanks!
By meatsheets
#326054 Got some more pictures. It's not completely back together but I had to fix my gfs eks exhaust.

By EG6_rugby
#326056 I worked in a fab shop, if u get good with that welder, money to be made :hehe:
By meatsheets
EG6_rugby wrote:I worked in a fab shop, if u get good with that welder, money to be made :hehe:

Well that is good to know! I am actually going to collage right now to be a mechanical engineer. That should bring in some nice moneys. Hopefully..
By kylenjdm93
#326073 I read over your thread, balls man that's so much rust repair mine was bad in one spot, no like what you went thru....

Props man, those welds look great for a first timer, props

In my opinion,

The best way to get really good at it is watch a YouTube video am entry what you see welding is like hunting you have to be patient and call take your time and they always look great :thumb: :thumb:
By meatsheets
kylenjdm93 wrote:I read over your thread, balls man that's so much rust repair mine was bad in one spot, no like what you went thru....

Props man, those welds look great for a first timer, props

In my opinion,

The best way to get really good at it is watch a YouTube video am entry what you see welding is like hunting you have to be patient and call take your time and they always look great :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks! It definately has taken a long time in order to do all this. I didnt think there was this much rust when I started, but i kept finding it. I also replaced a bunch of rust from my wheel well. there were literally hoes in my wheel well, no wonder why everything rusted over.
By TrailerTrash
#326096 nice going looks real good for your first rust repair job :thumb:

im undertaking a similair job this spring with mine. im afraid :(
By meatsheets
TrailerTrash wrote:nice going looks real good for your first rust repair job :thumb:

im undertaking a similair job this spring with mine. im afraid :(

Good luck man! Just take your time and it should come out good.
By TrailerTrash
#326145 i sure hope so!
By meatsheets
#326396 I got my new center console in :thumb: :thumb:

Idk if you can notice in the pictures but I accidentally dropped the top portion and it broke in half :cry: but I hot glued it back together for now. Ill probably end up getting a new one sooner or later. And sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures.
By 92civicEGsedan
#326410 I got the same radio in my car! Do you have problems with it cutting off and you have to reset it to get it to work again?
By meatsheets
92civicEGsedan wrote:I got the same radio in my car! Do you have problems with it cutting off and you have to reset it to get it to work again?

Haha yeah. It is so annoying!
By TrailerTrash
#326546 my girlfriends coupe had that same radio in it when we got it :thumbdown:

chucked that poop in the garbage barrel