Post YOUR Hatchback here
By nightstalker
#304303 This is my car when I got it........... :?

Hmm, pretty sketchy......

I had some things lying about from previous cars

Front lip.

Huge wheels :?

The wheels were only temporary and were soon replaced with these

Which then went like this...

It then collapsed with joy

And then I got bored of the wheels

I then got bored of a few other things

New wings as mine were badly painted
JDM Tailgate

Now I'm waiting for the hate on the bumper shown in previous pictures.......

Before you do hate and tell me to change it, I have.

Basically, this is now how the car is sitting with a few more bits waiting to go on.

By nightstalker
teal_dx wrote:Are those Konig Remembers? Those wheels made the car, nice choice :thumb:

No, the wheels are BBS replicas (not splits :thumbdown: ), they are 15 inch x 8inch wide, but what they hell, they do the job of wheels 3x the price.

KittyrdzEG9 wrote:i want your front bumper!! from when u got it lol

Haha, yeah it had to be ripped off and is worthless now (not that it was worth anything in the first place). It had been put on using bolts which had rotten and couldn't be persuaded off easily. I had to ripp the bumper off and thenforce the bolts out with a wrench. But if you do want it, come over to the UK and it's yours :lol:
By 1ACarlos
#304397 Looks good
By egbeegee
#304415 Looking good man!
By TrailerTrash
#304427 awesome :thumb:
By nightstalker
#304429 Great welcome guys :woot:

As you'll probably all know, the owner of the car is never happy (me in this case), there are some major issues that need attending to, the rear arches are rotting badly (to be replaced soon) and the colour is so faded it's PINK, well, most of it is anyway, the new panels are all a different shade of red, but when I get the rear arches replaced it'll be getting a full respray too. Oh, and I'm waiting on some carbon Spoon mirrors, and thinking of a carbon OEM bonnet and carbon rear spoiler.

I have some coil overs to get it sitting lower to put on (when this hideous UK monsoon goes away!- seriously over a month of rain!).

The engine is just a pretty standard D15b unit (89hp, wooooah!) but I use it daily so it's doing me fine for now, I'd like to D16z6 it at some point with the possibility of turbo.................. waits for the hate.
By fatcoupe
#304435 there should be no hate for a boosted z6 setup...ever...o and car looks great! :thumb:
By nightstalker
#304436 Ok, so now I've laid down the basics, time for the boring stuff, the little bits in between. As you've seen , the car started off looking a little shady, but for me it was a means to an end, something for work (and cheap!). My previous car had died a death, gladly (a 1996 4 pot Mazda MX3....hideous hideous car 1.6 16v DOHC and 108hp!-lets see, my old EK3 put out 128hp on a 1.5 SOHC.....hmm).

Anyway, I got this car for £275 gbp and found some nice goodies inside like JDM cup holders, black interior, four brand new tyres and £15gbp in the ashtray.

Here's the built not bought process with a few added touches...

First off was the side markers (everyone goes batshit crazy for amber..... not my theory)

Some smoked side markers were the start of the look I wanted

Also, old cars in the uk suffer from paint deteriation, look at the wipers!

So a quick shake down and an application of some satin paint...

I started gathering parts

Alloy radiator and Honda CBR throttle bodies (to do an ITB conversion)

The radiator got fitted

and prepare for a hideous picture of the old bumper....

In the end the throttle bodies never got done as it was too much expense for little other than noise and annoyance.

Then I came across an utter steal, some guy was giving away some Del Sol seats on EK rails, free.

I swapped the rails and in they went

I had to take some time off for a couple of months after knee operations but...
I then got some clear indicator units with black backs *the fitment was garbage, but I loved the look (these have now died-see later)

And to get the lows I found these (hate coming soon)

You can see the result (but these will be replaced with the coil overs I have sitting in my back room soon)

Now to the bay, the tiny tiny spec of an engine which started off like this

With this lovely CAI

Now, I know it's only an 89hp car but I like my bays to have something about them

So I did this

Adding this later
and this

The door cards were in dull grey so I got my interior dye out and gave them a sweep over

(this was after one coating)

*as I said earlier, the front indicator housing were aftermarket parts, after picking up the coilovers I found this had happened on the journey back

Basically, I had hit a big pot hole (yey, UK roads!) and it had fallen out), luckily I had a spare set of OEM indicators, so I gave them a spray over with some tint spray.

These are all the small things so far I think, lots more to come on this car, keep your eyes peeled

:wink:
By nightstalker
#304615 The Spoon replica mirrors turned up this morning, it just so happens to be my birthday too :D

and on the car

By 95kuope
#304622 car is looking sweet man :thumb:
By fatcoupe
#304624 car looks great and happy birthday!
By nightstalker
95kuope wrote:car is looking sweet man :thumb:

fatcoupe wrote:car looks great and happy birthday!

Cheers guys, I feel the need for more carbon goodies now though :hehe: