Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Lo-Key
#302621 I picked up this 92 VX from a friend a few days ago along with a JDM H22A full swap for it. paid $1800 for all of it. we all know the full swap goes for more then that. now the shell is FAR from pretty i know. it hasnt been on the road for over 2 years. so its got a little work needed.

heres a little low down on the car

has a 98% shaved bay

needs a new hood, drivers door, front bumper cover, corner markers, drivers side fender, back glass, 95% of the interior, drivers LCA, and some new brake lines.

now the part everyone loves. THE PICTURES!

heres a little closer look at the HELLAFLUSH BODY LINES BRO!

and of course the swap!

right when we got it in the car (yeah thats how we do in NH we put it in the front seat haha.)

BOMBING down the highway with it holding down shotgun

just placed the tranny, mounts, axles, ect in the trunk of the hatch for now

he told me these are adivse mounts (or something along that line...i don't remember) also was told that axles are hasports.

well thats it for now. i'll have more pics tomorrow as i will be starting to get everything set up for the swap.
Last edited by Lo-Key on Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Lo-Key
b20_link wrote:waaaaaaaw :o :o :o :o
you have lot of work there yo
good luck,on your build
keep us update :thumb: :thumb:
and i hoop it comes out nice yo :thumb:

Ooohhh yeah I got a nice chunk of work a head of me with this one haha. Thanks bro I'll defiantly be posting up again tomorrow as I get stuff done. I gotta figure out this shifrer box an cables idea. Not exactly sure how that goes yet.
By Lo-Key
b20_link wrote:go to my page and get some ideas yo :thumb:

haha will do bro thanks. no new pics yet i just pulled the rest of the front end off an checked the lines. thankfully all of them are there and in 1 piece. i did how ever though find that this car was on fire at one point. nothing too bad though. looks like it was an injector fire. cause it was all only in the engine bay.
By 1ACarlos
#302715 A lot of work but looking at the finished product will make it all worth it.
By Lo-Key
1ACarlos wrote:A lot of work but looking at the finished product will make it all worth it.

definitely bro. this is my first basically ground up build so hopefully it comes out as i have it envisioned. if anyone knows of any place that i can get cheap body panels (besides ebay. i've got a few body panels with nice dents off ebay before) let me know please.
By Lo-Key
#302786 anyone know how to attatch the H22 shifter cables to the shifter? i get half of it but the oter half i'm lost on.
By 94 EG Hatch
Lo-Key wrote:anyone know how to attatch the H22 shifter cables to the shifter? i get half of it but the oter half i'm lost on.

Now I am a bit of a noob to the Honda tuning game, but are you working with a Hydro trans or a cable trans? If the cable trans, of course, by common sense, you need the cables attached, but you are using a hydro trans (Which Idk much abou H-Swaps, so I couldnt tell ya), you will need the proper parts for a Hydro trans. I have a B-Swap coming to my Hatch which is using a Hydro trans.

Anyhow, good luck on your project. Can't wait to see what she looks like when she's done. Props for taking such a heavy project, bro. Much respect. Very great representation of the "Built not bought" legacy. Best regards!
By Lo-Key
94 EG Hatch wrote:
Lo-Key wrote:anyone know how to attatch the H22 shifter cables to the shifter? i get half of it but the oter half i'm lost on.

Now I am a bit of a noob to the Honda tuning game, but are you working with a Hydro trans or a cable trans? If the cable trans, of course, by common sense, you need the cables attached, but you are using a hydro trans (Which Idk much abou H-Swaps, so I couldnt tell ya), you will need the proper parts for a Hydro trans. I have a B-Swap coming to my Hatch which is using a Hydro trans.

Anyhow, good luck on your project. Can't wait to see what she looks like when she's done. Props for taking such a heavy project, bro. Much respect. Very great representation of the "Built not bought" legacy. Best regards!

I'm not sure what type of tranny honestly I haven't really looked at it an no idea what they normally come with haha. The whole shift box with shifrer cables instead of linkage bar confuses me though. Thanks bro I def have a lot of work to get this looking nice again but I just couldn't let him junk it. This one is without a doubt gonna be a true "built not bought" hatch.
By Lo-Key
SkunkDcivic wrote:Veryyy niceee

thanks bro.
By Lo-Key
#302860 ok so as i look for brake lines and clutch line i thought i would run through the car again, clean it out to have room to work, and of course repace that passenger door. so here are some little better pics an some new ones.

heres a better look at the front end

lets take a better work at this "AMAZING" hood latch job shall we?

pretty spiffy right? thats gonna be nice to fix.

heres the headers i got with it. i'm guessing ebays correct?

heres a better look at the inside. i pulled the dash out.....not really sure why yet....i think its cause it wasn't bolted down haha.

heres a better look at the new quarter panels weld job. i take NO responsability for them. i did NOT do the welding i got the car aready like this.

PASSENGER SIDE

DRIVER SIDE

i know you guys probably want more pics of the motor an to know more about it. i'm getting to it i'm gonna be cleaning it (any ideas whats best to use? it needs to be cleaned along with this tranny). also any help with this damn shifter cable to shifter stuff would be really cool haha. i cant find one that shows how to hook them up. i don't get how they go into those open circles.
By dbrooks
#302861 I like to use this cleaner called "Krud Kutter" It works really well on everything. It's actually a degreaser, but it can take latex paint off walls :thumb: