Post YOUR Hatchback here
By ciViCtor
#301943 hi all,
my name is Johan. I live in Holland.
I own a completely restorated Civic EG6, with a swapped b16b typeR engine. it runs fine for now, but future plans are(in a short and simple version): Getting my ITB's on it, together with my Garrett gt2860rs and watercooled intercooler. i hope te get it running in a few weeks /months becous i have almoste all parts gathered. I hope te get a good responsive civic with modest power, the goal is about 280HP, might turn out te be more ore less. but thats not the most important thing... it has te run well!

The parts i have gathared so far:
Skunk 2 megapower 3" stainless steel exhaust system.
Garrett gt2860RS.
EFI Hardware ITB's (with DIY plenum)
HKS SSQV dumpvalve.
Tial 38mm wastegate.
STRI dsd boost gauge.
STRI dsd oil temp gauge.
STRI dsd oil pressure gauge.
Powervamp 25 battery.
ACT Heavy Duty Clutch.
ACT lightweight flywheel.
AEM mapsensor kit.
Mercedes SL 65 AMG intercooler.
Turbo exhaust header, downpipe and intercooler piping will we custom made by me.

engine:
b16b with stock intake manifold.
inovative motormounts.
injen airfiler.
msd spark plug wires.
exedy replacement clutch.
shortshifer.
4-1 header, 2,5" collector.
catalyst converter.
full 2,5" exhaust.

interior:
Spoon Sports steering wheel.
Spoon Sports shiftknob.
QSP 4poin harness.
kevlar bucket seats.
typeR shiftbooth.
black floor "carpet"
DIY home fab roll bar.

exterior:
Team Dynamics pro race 1.2
sir front lip.
Spoon Sports carbon fibre duckbill spoiler.
Spoon Sports carbon fibre mirrors.
mudguards.

suspension:
Spoon Sport front tower bar.
Spoon Sports bigbrake.
D2 coilover.
Brembo brakediscs with ferodo brakepads on the rear.
Buddyblub front camber kit.
D2 rear camber kit.
Stainless steel brakelines (DIY)
JDM integra type r front and rear anti swaybars.
ARS subframe brace.
function7 LCA's.

ICE:
pioneer radio.
few cheapass speakers, brand unknown...
(i like the motor sound more than loud music)

Here are 3 Facebook page links, 2 trackcars of our team, and my own eg6.

ENJOY!

My eg6:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002642781470

OMI-Performance track car:
http://www.facebook.com/omi.performance.honda.civic

OMI-Performance / Sebastix track car:
http://www.facebook.com/honda.civic.sebastix
Last edited by ciViCtor on Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By trackEG4
#301951 looks sweet buddy !!! :thumb:
b16b should be great for track.... I understand that its the "daddy" of the 1600cc engines. Id be tempted to keep it n/a ????
How do you find your coilovers btw??? - Ive heard d2 can be a bit hit and miss?.
By ciViCtor
#301956 hey,
The D2 shocks are a big fail in my opinion. they are to hard, in whatever setings you put them on. so i was thinking of switching to the OMI-Performance shochs later on.

The b16b is realy a great engine. but being only NA wont do it for me thouh.
I couldnt make my mind up what to do, fit ITB's and run it like that, or go turbo. So now im just going to run them both and see what happens.
By b20_link
ciViCtor wrote:hey,
The D2 shocks are a big fail in my opinion. they are to hard, in whatever setings you put them on. so i was thinking of switching to the OMI-Performance shochs later on.

The b16b is realy a great engine. but being only NA wont do it for me thouh.
I couldnt make my mind up what to do, fit ITB's and run it like that, or go turbo. So now im just going to run them both and see what happens.
TURBO :woot::woot::woot:

by the way nice car im loving your roll cage :thumb: :thumb:
post some more pic of it :D
By 1ACarlos
#302016 Looks awesome
By Punksz6
#302142 Looks Great :thumb:
By kel
#302215 Very nice, i look forward to the updates, itbs and turbo sounds interesting. :thumb:
By ciViCtor
#302221 Thanks for the replies peeps!

I'l post some pics of the rollbar in the weekend. so you can take a look at it.

The throttle bodies need some more work, they are delivered as a DIY package. So i had to machine some parts to fit properly. They are like 90% done. The DIY plenum needs all welding done to it, that i might do after supper.

Then i still need to think where i want my coolant reservoir for the watercooled intercooler, pick a spot and weld a tank that fits at that location.

lots te be done before i can go: bwaaaaaap, PSIESH! bwaaap LOL :hehe:
By ciViCtor
#302521 Here is some more work that i finished today. lined up te plenum, tackwelded it, drilled some holes, tapped them, and started welding.

I spend some time fabricating 2 thick flanges that should keep the plenum streight and flat after welding. nad it did, streight as an arrow!

here is the result:

I have to check for available space on the right side of the plenum when the intake is in the car. if space is abundant i will put the SSQV there. if not, it goes in the IC piping. I have a mild steel HKS flange wich i will have machined in stainless steel. (i hate rust!)
By b20_link
ciViCtor wrote:Here is some more work that i finished today. lined up te plenum, tackwelded it, drilled some holes, tapped them, and started welding.

I spend some time fabricating 2 thick flanges that should keep the plenum streight and flat after welding. nad it did, streight as an arrow!

here is the result:

I have to check for available space on the right side of the plenum when the intake is in the car. if space is abundant i will put the SSQV there. if not, it goes in the IC piping. I have a mild steel HKS flange wich i will have machined in stainless steel. (i hate rust!)
ITB :jerkbow: :jerkbow: :jerkbow: :jerkbow: :jerkbow: :jerkbow: :jerkbow: :jerkbow: :jerkbow: :jerkbow: :jerkbow: that is so fucking sexy
pls keep us up to date yo
By ciViCtor
#302556 The itb's now need a bigger coolant nipple on the intake headflange, this one is to small for my liking. and one extra nippel for vacuum. 4 small nipples will run to a vacuum manifold, that runs to my IACV, so i have the setup run nicely on idling. 1, maybe 2, big vacuum feeds will go to another manifold that feeds all other parts that need vacuum, like the BOV, WG, FPR, and all other thingy's...

Now i want to start working on my exhaust manifold, but that might not be smart to do at this point. that might be smarter to do in the enginebay with the coolingparts installed in the frond end of the car. so i wont hit any radiator, oil cooler, or intercooler radiator.
By ciViCtor
#302984 Hey guys, today i cleaned the house a bit. with parts scattered all over the place, all around the house, shed, and garage. So i took all parts and stashed them together again. so nothing gets lost ore broken.

The pics are a bit crappy, because of the lowlight attic.

I can't wait to get all parts on the civic!
Few parts came in this week, MSD shiftlight modules, Skunk2 double bend shortshifter, and a big load of MTF3 tranny oil. 2 Blox vacuum manifolds are on the way together with some small stuf i ordered.

By Punksz6
ciViCtor wrote:Hey guys, today i cleaned the house a bit. with parts scattered all over the place, all around the house, shed, and garage. So i took all parts and stashed them together again. so nothing gets lost ore broken.

The pics are a bit crappy, because of the lowlight attic.

I can't wait to get all parts on the civic!
Few parts came in this week, MSD shiftlight modules, Skunk2 double bend shortshifter, and a big load of MTF3 tranny oil. 2 Blox vacuum manifolds are on the way together with some small stuf i ordered.

Awesome! :thumb: