Post YOUR Hatchback here
By rustyrex
#299504 hopefully the pictures work. i bought the eh2 for $500 after the guy "blew the head" I found out he broke the timing belt, the cam gear key thing broke and somehow went into the head and got stuck under a bearing and the oil is about as think as peanut butter. i decided to swap in my d16a6 out of my 90 crx hf. the build has been slow. i am cleaning up the bar no wire tuck or shave. maybe once i go to a different swap tho.

Last edited by rustyrex on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
By rustyrex
#299505 sorry about the massive pictures. i used my phone and i guess i have to use a different size.

i am kinda anal about things. people tell me this is a very simple swap. but, i am going on 3 months of working here and there on it. i completely took apart the td-41 dizzy, cleaned the guts, cleaned the housing, sanded, self etched, and then painted it. same thing with the thermo housing, exhaust brackets, flywheel cover. i have the crx so i figured i might as well do these things while i can. do it once do it right i guess. so far i have into this project

the hatch $500
ES inserts, all 5 mounts and shifter $32
ES master kit $75
gauges plus pod $120
random stuff like $100

i have a detailed note book for all this stuff. parts numbers, prices everything. i have always wanted this type of honda and i will treasure it for as long as i am able to.
By rustyrex
#299506 Image

This is my last project :thumb:
By 1ACarlos
#299577 Nice
By rustyrex
#317316 I completely forgot about this oops. The motor is in and runs perfectly. I discovered there is a lot of wrong info on a d16a6 swap into a eh2. I'm gonna try to update everything this weekend
By Classiccarsrule85
#317323 Not to jack your thread but i think i found the twin to your crx

http://binghamton.craigslist.org/cto/3314039800.html

what is it with the white crx's and horrible amounts of rust the white crxs just seem to be the rusty color.....other then that nice hatch
By rustyrex
#317324 I regret selling my crx. I will own another one when I can afford the body work. I miss it a lot but once I can drive my hatch I will be in love all over again
By Punksz6
#317339 Nice Glad there is an update.
By rustyrex
#317831 Sorry for no update. I finally fixed my ej and rebuilt the dizzy for my hatch and installed the exhaust I bought for the ej onto my hatch. I gotta cut off about 3-4 inches so the muffler isn't sticking out so far. I will try to upddate this week
By rustyrex
#319750 Sorry for the lack of update I have been trying to figure out how to use photobucket mobile.

I finally got the motor in and running. By the way, there is a ton of retardedly false info on doing this swap. I put a D16A6 from my old civic into my 95 hatch cx. People said I had to use the cx's intake manifold and header, the alt, injectors and a whole bunch of other shit. WRONG. All I had to change were the injectors. I am using a full exhaust from my 2000 civic 4 door. I will upload more later from my in laws they have WiFi.
By rustyrex
#326616 ***UPDATE***

well i finally got some money and ordered the stuff i need to get this going again. so far i have ordered:

from Rockauto
Exedy clutch kit and flywheel
new front bumper
new front caliper and cermic pads
Powerslot cross drilled and slotted rotos
2x lower ball joints

from my local Honda dealer
front license plate bracket
front license plate frame
the nuts and bolts to install those (5 bolts and 3 nuts)
A/C firewall plug

from discount tire direct

Drag DR-21's in flat black with Falken Ziex tires

the rotors and stuff from honda i have already received. once the other stuff comes in i will post pics and progress.
By onibakagaijin
#326652 Very nice, always wanted one but could never find one in decent condition. Looks good and love the transformation.
By rustyrex
#326679 thanks man. i have had this hatch for over a year and havent been able to drive it. i am hoping within the next 2 weeks to be able to though.