Post YOUR Hatchback here
By DodgerBlue
#298880 Here's the 1993 Civic DX hatchback that I'm buying from my roommate in the next few weeks. He did a lot of work to it after he first got it about 6 years ago. He just never drives it anymore, so he offered to sell it to me. As soon as I can sell my '02 EP, I'll be able to buy this sweet ride.

p.s. sorry for the small pictures
By JohnRM
#298927 How much for the EP?
By DodgerBlue
JohnRM wrote:How much for the EP?

I'm asking $7300. Motor has about 80,000 miles on it. The car's black.
By 1ACarlos
#299011 Nice
By DodgerBlue
#301668 There's been a couple changes to my new hatchback. First of all, I put the stock hood back on because the carbon fiber hood was damaged and had lost all of its clear coat. And secondly, I bought a pair of jdm ITR seats for an excellent price, so it was extremely hard to resist. The seats are in really good condition for being used. The passenger seat (what used to be the drivers seat) needs some re-stuffing on the bolsters, but other than that, the seats are in great condition.

And I realized that I haven't given any details on what has been done to the car besides the obvious things that you can see in the pictures. So I'll give a list of the modifications.

jdm B18c
jdm ecu
gsr axles
DC 4-2-1 headers
Skunk 2 intake manifold
AEM cold air intake
magnaflow exhaust (header back)
lsd
Cusco adjustable front strut bar
Skunk2 camber kit
gsr disc brake swap
Brembo slotted rotors
Hawk HPS pads
stainless steel brake line kit
short shifter (don't know what brand)
Spoon shift knob
Spoon steering wheel
15" bronze 5Zigen wheels
Dunlop 205/50/15 (300 treadwear)
jdm EG sir instrument cluster
jdm ITR seats
VIS carbon fiber duckbill spoiler
jdm amber corners

Ohhhh, and the best part to all of this? The car and motor is 100% legal. The car was passed by a referee and passes smog. i have a beautiful white sticker on the passenger door sill that shows everyone (including COPS) that everything is legit. The motor is registered to the car with a matching vin. :D
By EJ1_MK
#301701 Clean car man.
By DodgerBlue
EJ1_MK wrote:Clean car man.

Thanks.

And I just picked up a set of 3 jdm EG6 bronzed glass for the rear and two back sides.

I'll post pics when it's all installed.
By Hatch-O-Doom
#301910 How did you get ever thing matched with the vin?

I kinda wanna do this so I never get any problems...
By DodgerBlue
Hatch-O-Doom wrote:How did you get ever thing matched with the vin?

I kinda wanna do this so I never get any problems...

My roommate took care of all that stuff back in 2006. I didn't do any of it. But the car passed smog. He took it to the Bureau of Automotive Repair (state of California Smog Check Referee Center), and it was passed by the referee. I'm not sure how he got the vin matched up. I'd have to ask him. But all I know is that hardly anyone who does a swap is not running legal, but I am.

But the rules here in California are stricter than any other state, I think.
By DodgerBlue
b20_link wrote:nice car man !!! :thumb:
so what is next on the list ?

Thanks brotha.

Well, getting the bronzed windows installed is the immediate next step.

After that, I want to cut my cold air intake to make it a short ram, so I never have to worry about water. And if I ever wanted, I could put it back to a cold air very easily.

I might bite at the opportunity to buy the jdm EG6 20th anniversary rear interior (seats are black with red stitching). My rear seat bench is not in the best condition. Plus, the fact that that jdm interior is so rare and hard to come by, that I might get it. It will look sick matched up with my black ITR seats.

After that, my plan is to go coilover suspension. But I'm starting to fill up my credit card, so I don't want to get in over my head. But when I do get suspension, I'm planning on getting Tein Flex. I'm thinking that spring rates of 10 front and 7 rear won't be too punishing. I live in the L.A. area where the roads are pretty good. Any recommendations on spring rates? I've had Tein Super Street in the past, and its spring rates were too soft for my taste. (8 front, 4 rear when I used to have an EK).

It's just that I'm riding on cut springs and really old shocks, so the ride sucks when it comes to quick drops or rises in elevation on the road. The shocks are really worn out, so they don't soak up the road too well.

After suspension, I want to get the body straightened and lined up.... body lines, dents, bumpers. And then I want to paint my car. Just the same red color that's on the car, but fresh and new.

But I was also thinking of getting ITR cams. That upgrade won't cost as much as either suspension or paint, but it will improve the performance of my car by a good amount.

Oh yeah... I also need to get new mirrors. The stock ones on there right now are flimsy and don't stay in place. So I wanted to get the Spoon style mirrors.

So yeah, that's my plan for the future.

comments?
By DodgerBlue
#302146 Ok, I got all three jdm bronzed windows installed.

Again, sorry for the small pictures, but photobucket won't allow me to make these pictures any bigger. :(

In person you can tell it's different from the front windows, but it's subtle. I like it.
By b20_link
DodgerBlue wrote:Ok, I got all three jdm bronzed windows installed.

Again, sorry for the small pictures, but photobucket won't allow me to make these pictures any bigger. :(

In person you can tell it's different from the front windows, but it's subtle. I like it.

what ever man // we believe you :thumb: :thumb: