Post YOUR Hatchback here
By newyorkhatch
redblack01 wrote:hey dude nice hatch comin along nicely, i had a quick question for you.
i recently got into a accident and it seemed very minor but, now i'm seeing that my hood won't line up because the frame has moved.

how much was it all together to get your core support bought and on?

The core support cost me $40 from a local junkyard and had my boss at my work take the old one off and put the new one on for cheap compared to what a body shop would want. Remember this is a critical part if you get in a accident so dont go a cheap way of replacing it.

chrisscott wrote:Love the green, it reminds me of my old NATO green civic which also had orange alloys, loved it

I like the green also but it was put on half-assed and this car's title says white along with the engine bay being white. Within the next month or 2 it will be painted white.
By newyorkhatch
#299846 Just a random picture before I left this morning
By newyorkhatch
#299866 Thanks. I'm most likely painting the whole front end flat black tomorrow until it is time for paint which shouldn't be to long away.
By RL-521
#299889 sooo, were you required to use the hatch core support? or will the coupe do just as fine?
same thing happened to me (flying hood lol) because i damaged the front as well. ive been meaning to scoop a new support up, was it hard to do?

btw nice hatch!! :thumb:
By newyorkhatch
RL-521 wrote:sooo, were you required to use the hatch core support? or will the coupe do just as fine?
same thing happened to me (flying hood lol) because i damaged the front as well. ive been meaning to scoop a new support up, was it hard to do?

btw nice hatch!! :thumb:

I used one off of a sedan and everything lined up perfect. From what i understand the only difference between hatch/coupe and sedans are the sedan front ends are a little shorter or vise-verse cant remember but seeing as your just using the support itself connecting passenger side to driver side, it shouldn't matter what one you use.
By newyorkhatch
#300049 Painted the white hood black to match the fenders and bumper a little better just for the coming weeks until paint. This "replacement bumper sags around the headlights so im going to get a OEM one before paint.
Last edited by newyorkhatch on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By newyorkhatch
CraigMW wrote:Nice looking hatch you have there and great start! Keep up the good work! I will definitely be following this build.

Thanks.

Not this week coming up, but the next I am getting a new driverside door (don't have key for lock/window is horribly off track), a set of ek side skirts, oem front bumper, oem muffler, then its on track to get painted. Can't wait :D
By newyorkhatch
CraigMW wrote:Nice! I cant wait to see pics!

I thought about getting some EK skirts... I might have copy you! :thumb:

Im sure you know but for ek's to fit on eg's they require the front to be trimmed down in which case youll need mud flaps unless you want a cut off side skirt just chillin..your choice :lol:

I had a set on my sedan, theres pictures on here somewhere but this was my old car

Notice the rims? Same ones that are on my hatch :thumb:
That sedan is currently being k-swapped by my friend. Today the shift linkage was installed, once the ECU arrives that thing is running.
By newyorkhatch
#300442 Paint is going to be off longer than expected but..
Tuesday going to pick up my new header, test pipe, 2.5 inch cat back to a stock muffler :thumb:
Also met a guy with a ex/si tranny along with a adjustable cam gear so my mini-me swap wont be a tooth off :woot:
Going to get a set of Tokico Blue shocks all around after the above it complete.

Once all of that is complete I will worry about the paint.
By newyorkhatch
#300525 no go on the tranny...
Last edited by newyorkhatch on Wed May 23, 2012 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.