Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Daveho
#297696 firstly id like to say hi to everyone and greetings from australia.
secondly id like to explain that there are very few honda enthusiasts in my town and there is no real jdm groups or anything...

When i first started looking for an EG there where very few opptions localy so i started looking interstate, however the costs involved in travelling to inspect and test plus accomidation was too much so i had to wait.
as a few months went by with me checking the websites regularly untill i found this... my civic si.. the paint isnt good, the gearbox isnt good and there is pannel damage to the front of the car (radiator support needs replacing) but over all the body is ok.
when i get a chance i will post a few pics.

thanks,
Daveho
By Daveho
#297740 Image

the body is fairly straight....just excuse the front half....and the dents on the back hehe

in this pic of the front its hard to see however every front end pannel needs replacing for one reason or another (the hood bra thing kind of hides the bonnet damage)
By Daveho
#297741 so now you have seen what i have to work with. my plan of attack is as follows.

firstly- fix the body and paint.
secondly- suspension and rebuild the brake system
thirdly-b16a build and swap

in hoping to build a fairly clean jdm eg that i can drive daily but will still be awsome fun when im out with the guys for a drive.

please feel free to leave any imput you would like too. :)
By Daveho
#297753 the previous photos are of the day i got my car (about a month ago now) since then i have been slowly gathering the parts i need to rebuild the front end prior to paint. first i was just going to replace the pannels however when i got my new bonnet and had to get a friend over to help me bent the rad support so it would acctuly close i realised there was no way around replacing the radiator support.

so as it stands in my garrage i have.
a new bonnet
a new front bar
and a new radiator support

and i have both of my front guards on order...

i sold my dc2 blades that where on the car to finance the new guards :) that being said... i dont like the wheels i have on it now eather... maby some 6ULs are in order
By 1ACarlos
#298094 Hello and welcome to the site. Nice hatch
By Daveho
#298599 well i have finally made a start on reparing the eg here are some befor pics. i dont know if u can see it properly but there is a good inch and a half gap between the bonnet and the front bar.

By Daveho
#298602 and here is where i am up to. i have removed all the damaged pannels, have removed the air con for waight reduction (plus it dosnt work anyway) and have striped everything off the radiator support in order to locate all the spot welds so i can remove the old bent up one.

here she is with out front pannels.

here she is with out a/c or a radiator
By Cl9junky
#298650 First off welcome to the site and a very good one i may add. :thumb: Your hatch looks good i like that you went and put your attention to the body first. Good luck with the build.

P.S To each his own and i dont know what price you can get a B16 but i would go with a B18C or b20V setup for the price or if you wallet is fat K20 :D
By Daveho
#300320 so this is what i have been up too.

here she is with the rad support cut out

doing the radiator support replacement isnt a hard job. just a time consuming one.

heres the test fit of the bonnet, guards and lights.

and here she is all back togeather

Next up i think is paint
By Daveho
#300639 hey there man good to see a friendly face, guess what my gear box is on its way out so im gonna put a hurry on the b 16 swap.
By gtstripes
#300650 thats awesome! my engine might be arriving tomoz so ill have my eg on the road soon and then we should have a meet goin!!

where are you buying your engine/frontcut from??
By Daveho
#300807 thanks for the kind words guys.
ian there may be something going on friday i'll text you with the info.
engine wise ill be taking a trip to pick up a motor and box in a few months when i get the dollers. but i must say i am crazy looking forward to swaping it in. did u buy a half cut or just the motor and another auto box??
By dbrooks
#300808 Nice work! That sucks that you can only get a limited amount of Honda's there.

Where I live, it's hard to find a nice, stock one to build. Everything is beat to hell and they want way too much for it!