Post YOUR Hatchback here
By WISpec EG
#296837 So a few months ago my local forum got shut down after there were some legal issues with the owner and we were unable to renew the domain. I'm not a fan of most of the bigger forums and buddy recommended this one to me. I'm a 19 year old full time from Southeast WI, and I've been an avid Honda guy since I was 15.

My current project, which has consumed most of my time and money for the last couple years is an EG hatch. To most people it may seem like a standard EG, and honestly thats all it is. It's not a drag monster or a show stopper. I'm just trying to build clean EG for weekend cruising, autox, and the occasional track day on the road course. I've always paid close attention to detail, and I'm going a little overboard with the little details this car. The detail is really what will set this car apart. Nearly every part for this built was purchased brand new from Honda, its honestly borderline ridiculous. Every bolt and seal in the motor, every fastener for the suspension, the rear trailing arms, calipers, hubs wheel bearings, the list goes on and on. This is essentially a brand new civic hatch. I also have a ton into the motor and trans, as well as suspension. I've done my best not to overlook a single aspect of this build.

I'll try and post up some pics later today, I'll have to update a couple years of progress as this build is nearing completion. For now I'll leave you with a pic of the car when I picked it up. Bought it with a GSR swap and and GSR leathers. Honestly one of the cleanest hatches I've seen and its all original paint. It really was a find of a lifetime.

Car in its current state

The motor with the blue valve cover is what came out of the car when I bought it. I just feshened it up, put some new seals/gaskets it, painted the vc, and added the IM setup. That motor is now sold. The one with the black valve cover is the one that will be going in to the car when its ready. I'll outline the specs of that build later on
Last edited by WISpec EG on Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By teal_dx
#296842 Welcome to the forum! If I was going to build another, I think yours would be a great example. OEM looking, still practical with an extra cam under the hood. :thumb:
By WISpec EG
teal_dx wrote:Welcome to the forum! If I was going to build another, I think yours would be a great example. OEM looking, still practical with an extra cam under the hood. :thumb:

The picture I posted is pretty old. That was the state up the car the day I bought it. But my philosophy for this build is similar to that. It will look stock aside from some wheels (undecided), a nice lip and possibly a duckbill.
By familyEGuy23
#296850 Nice ride bro and welcome to the forum :thumb: I also have similar philosophy build it right the first time and have it like a sleeper
By EJ1_MK
#296864 :thumb: :woot: :welcome:

Very Nice
By dbrooks
#296870 That's awesome! Good work!
By 1ACarlos
#297102 Welcome and nice hatch
By Punksz6
#297118 :thumb:
By WISpec EG
#297383 Thanks for all the support guys.

As far as the part replacement list I'd have to go through a bunch of receipts from Acura to be thorough, but when I say "everything" I literally do mean everything. The only original parts are the head casting, block casting, crank, rockers, and rods which were shot peened.
By Fada Blayne
#297447 :thumb:
By gtstripes
#297456 wow... all i can say is WOW ... at 19?! god i was going to school (repeated year11 3 times) on a push bike and in no hope of getting even a spare bike wheel LoL nice work mate :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: