Post YOUR Hatchback here
By trackEG4
#296636 Alright guys, I bought an EG4 to thrash around track - paid a whole £180 for the car :)

She is more than a bit rusty - so I decided to cut it all out and get some nice fresh metal in there. Sure I could have left it as it was (probably made the car a bit lighter) but thats just not my style.

Things Ive done so far....

1.Stripped rear interior ( rear bench had me puzzled for a while - then I found those daft plastic circlips on either side) doh!!

2. Cut out one of the rear quarters , drilled out the spot welds and had a hell of a time scraping the seam sealer off!!!

3. While I was at it i decided to cut a large portion of the inner wheel well out (it was rusty - and I HATE rust) then the sills had a chunk taken out - everything taken right back until there was no corrosion left, just nice solid metal.

and a close up of the sills :(

Plan is to have it ready for welding by this time next week..... well thats the plan. :lol:
By dawg316
#296638 good man. replace those rusty 1/4 pannels. when your finish fly over to the west coast and do mine for me :D
By vtecing
#296684 So what are your plans for it?

What motor you planning on using? What sort of racing you going to be doing?
By trackEG4
#296702 Plans for this one are to sort out handling , new beefier anti roll bars , subframe braces , strut braces , new lca's , polybushes - maybe coilovers or stiffer shocks and springs.

Im planning on keeping the d15b2 for a while but eventually Id like to get a b series in there - one of my buddies has a b18 bottom end mated to a b16 head - might take his b18 from him when he swaps in a b20 bottom end..... mind you if a cheap mb6 with a decent engine comes up - Ill be havin it. :D

Im a member of a car club that owns a sprint course .... its pretty tight so thats why my focus is on the handling .

heres a video: not me driving btw.....

http://youtu.be/jpriilqeIF4