Post YOUR Hatchback here
By EGCiviCKid
#296361 Hi Im Nick,
South West, UK

I have just purchased a EG4 listed as spares or repares, the previous owner has said the car has a head gasket problem, i bought this car mainly for the shell as it has had a new paint job a couple months ago :thumb:
My plans are loose the d15b2 and swap in a B16A2 from the Ek4 Civic

below are a few pics of what i bought:

Got it back to my house, Cleaned it and stripped the rear

Desided it needed a lick of paint :D

Next i started on swap, Removed front bumper, splash guards and lights:

Next the radiator and intake:

Pulled the drive shaft and removed the header:

After making sure everything was disconnected from the engine, harnesses, grounds etc i made up a little cart for the engine to sit on and began to drop the motor though the bottom of the car.

What i want to do next is paint the bay, Also any advice with what i intend to do next would be much appreciated :)
Last edited by EGCiviCKid on Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By 1ACarlos
#296370 Not a bad start.
By EGCiviCKid
UK_Dave wrote:Go B series you wont regret it ;) B18c4 boosted is the one :)

Change of plan! im going to have a look at a MB6 with B18C4 this weekend!

i don't suppose you know what parts i need from the donor MB6?

i also hear i need to get my ecu chipped? and conversion harnesses??

any help would be appreciated!
:thumb:
By UK_Dave
#299483 Whole Engine, Box, Driveshafts, engine loom, ecu. You can get ecus off ebay already chipped (if youre going turbo) just make sure its an obd2 (im sure18 c4s are obd2) or get like a hondata or emanage . Change the inlet manifold sraight away tho the 18c4 ones are rubbish best bets to get a edlebroc victor x or a b16b one or if youre on a budget a b16a inlet mani.

Deffo Get The front and rear Hubs and brake setup (you will need new wheels as the mb6 is 4x114.3 not 4x100 fitment) but they are much larger and helluva lot better

pick up the braces and the roll bars too

id sugest that if you do a c4 drop get the drop done and car running then turbo her up from there :)

i got a post started on here on how i turbod my b16a here in the uk if you want to check it out might help you
By EGCiviCKid
#299485 Cheers dave big help :thumb:

yer that's the plan just get her running then go down the turbo route.

what dash loom do i need? is it the esi one?

also i heard problems with the imoberliser? or is this just bypassed when the ECU is chipped?
By EGCiviCKid
#299486 also do you know if the mb6 mounts will fit the eg4? cheers
By UK_Dave
#299661 im shure the mb6 mounts are the same, not quite shure on the loom though, ill ask my mate chris when i see him next. hes the master ;) btw i know of a forged b18c4 turbo engine for sale (needs a box) i can find out price for you?

its my mate petes lol we all got 'vic turbos down here ;)
By UK_Dave
#299662 as for immobiliser ive never heared that before :S as long as you got the right ecu OBD0, OBD1 or OBD2 and the right chip in it they go better than fine ;)
By EGCiviCKid
#299663 Right i think ive finally got everything, please correct me if im wrong anyone?

MB6 donor car parts list:

-Whole Engine

-Gearlinkages

-transmition Box (S9B)

-Driveshafts

-Engine mounts ( mb6 are fine for conversion to EG )/ (just use a mix of exsiting EG mounts and some of the MB6 mounts)

-Engine loom (MB6)

-front and rear Hubs and brake setup

-Wheels (as the mb6 pcd is 4x114)

-Anti roll bars

-Strut brace

-Decat (d series decat wont line up with b series manifold)

PARTS NEEDED

ECU p28 base mapped with B18C4...
Add wires for vtec etc ...

I belive thats everything :thumb:
By EGCiviCKid
UK_Dave wrote:im shure the mb6 mounts are the same, not quite shure on the loom though, ill ask my mate chris when i see him next. hes the master ;) btw i know of a forged b18c4 turbo engine for sale (needs a box) i can find out price for you?

its my mate petes lol we all got 'vic turbos down here ;)

Well i can get all them bits of the MB6 im going to look at for £450, so if u rekon that engines a better deal then yer gimme a price buddy :)
By EGCiviCKid
#299738 Bump!

need to know exactly what parts i need of the MB6 as going tomorrow :thumb:

think i have everything anyone??
By ditoegsaloon
EGCiviCKid wrote:Bump!

need to know exactly what parts i need of the MB6 as going tomorrow :thumb:

think i have everything anyone??

all straight swap to eg mate but you need a chipped ecu for the engine or p72 off integra
By Ecc0
#299838 Hey you should be able to use the MB6 ECU though might need a conversion harness for it to plug and play.

All other parts are right though double check pcd on the MB wheels as I have a 1.6 aerodeck family car which is 4x100 so might be the same on the MB6.