Post YOUR Hatchback here
By dbrooks
#300949 That sucks man. Hopefully you get it taken care of!
By Eg6H2D
#300970 yea i know. Just got the car on the road too. only drove a little over 600 miles. =[. Im working on it though. Ordered the ACL race bearings. and friday i should start to disassemble the bottom end. check crank and make sure it's still shiny..

Hopefully i dont need anything else. it's about $50 to Micropolish the crank if i need it which is good i think..
By dbrooks
#300972 Yeah, that's not bad at all. I'd do it, probably just because that crank has never seen sunlight since it was installed in the factory.
By Eg6H2D
#304316 and tha's all she wrote. was fun while it lasted! Definately a sleeper!!!She should be gone tommorow!! :( :(
By Eg6H2D
#317338 Miss this car! Wish i could have fixed and finished it.. :(
By Eg6H2D
EJ civic Juan wrote:very nice exhaust how much did it run u?

It ran me about $220 it's a Yonaka Cat back. got it from Street Imports in NY thru their Ebay store

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yonaka-92-95-Ho ... 15&vxp=mtr
By Eg6H2D
EJ civic Juan wrote:oh ok very cool what big plans u have next?

This car has been sold a long time ago.

this is my build right here..

http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?p=115 ... ht=#115778
By chris_barnes
#341198 Sorry to hear about the bearings. Still, it's an occasion for you to drop some PR3 pistons for compression.
If you really felt a difference with the new cables this only means that the stock ones had issues. In general, OEM ones are the best - dyno proven.

I would advise you to update the intake you have and place the air filter right behind the headlight so it does not get the hot air from the engine. You can also come up with some box or a wall to isolate heat.

Last but not least, get a chipped ECU and have the car tuned. GSRs put out 10-15 WHP with the simple boltons - IHE + remap.

As to the tranny - in Europe the GSR motor is known as B18C4 - the gearbox abbreviation is S9B. In general gear ratios are not that good but ALL boxes have LSD, and it's the exact same as the typeR one, with a taller FD of course - 4.26. Lookup ebay.co.uk for such an LSD along with the FW. ;)
By Eg6H2D
chris_barnes wrote:Sorry to hear about the bearings. Still, it's an occasion for you to drop some PR3 pistons for compression.
If you really felt a difference with the new cables this only means that the stock ones had issues. In general, OEM ones are the best - dyno proven.

I would advise you to update the intake you have and place the air filter right behind the headlight so it does not get the hot air from the engine. You can also come up with some box or a wall to isolate heat.

Last but not least, get a chipped ECU and have the car tuned. GSRs put out 10-15 WHP with the simple boltons - IHE + remap.

As to the tranny - in Europe the GSR motor is known as B18C4 - the gearbox abbreviation is S9B. In general gear ratios are not that good but ALL boxes have LSD, and it's the exact same as the typeR one, with a taller FD of course - 4.26. Lookup ebay.co.uk for such an LSD along with the FW. ;)

Thanks for the info. but the car was sold long ago. and the Cables were NGK, OEM but the Power version. More consistent spark.