Post YOUR Hatchback here
By jadeydrag0117
brandoff88 wrote:sucks about the macco job, but aside from that looks very clean bro, love teh blacked out fogs, flows better in my opinion, keep up the good work :thumb:

thanks, i posted the fog lights for anyone who wants to see what it looks like i guess

&
haha, yeah its not THAT bad. but usually people cant tell i get compliments a lot though. but ill end up painting it oem black possible the granda or whatever its called
By MG6
jadeydrag0117 wrote:
MG6 wrote:nice built and mods.

question, where did you get your paint job. Looks good.

thanks,

its embarrassing, i got it at Maaco.

but actually surprisingly it didn't come out that bad. I did the body work and they sprayed it. Theres not even a lot of orange peal. All i need to do is do a little sand and buff and it will look really good, will be a big improvement. but Im not going to because i plan on respraying. which is really my main focus for car "studying". I love learning everything and so many skills, recently started learning about cars and the mechanics, but im focusing mostly on becoming close to an expert on the body work repair/ painting aspect...so i plan to respray to learn.

wouldn't suggest going to maaco though, unless you tape off everything your self, take out all the parts (windshield and windows) for them since theyre not going to do that for you and theyll also just get overspray everywhere, and if you want low quality paint. i have overspray on my window weather strips and head lights lol

Macco? Wow, not bad of a job! But it is all the prep work that pays off.
By jadeydrag0117
MG6 wrote:
jadeydrag0117 wrote:

thanks,

but actually surprisingly it didn't come out that bad. I did the body work and they sprayed it. Theres not even a lot of orange peal. All i need to do is do a little sand and buff and it will look really good, will be a big improvement. but Im not going to because i plan on respraying. which is really my main focus for car "studying". I love learning everything and so many skills, recently started learning about cars and the mechanics, but im focusing mostly on becoming close to an expert on the body work repair/ painting aspect...so i plan to respray to learn.

wouldn't suggest going to maaco though, unless you tape off everything your self, take out all the parts (windshield and windows) for them since theyre not going to do that for you and theyll also just get overspray everywhere, and if you want low quality paint. i have overspray on my window weather strips and head lights lol

yeah the paint is actually sticking fine no cracks nothing weird, the color is normal. they just do alot of overspray, i did the prep work myself you can see in my thread
By thenewvessel
#326125 Doing the prep work is the biggest thing. As far as the orange peel, overspray and what not, you can easily remove that with a nice expensive detail job. My brother works for www.autogeek.net and can provide anyone interested with amazing products for really cheap :thumb:

Have you ever considered Plastidip lol?
By MG6
jadeydrag0117 wrote:
MG6 wrote:
jadeydrag0117 wrote:

thanks,

fosho. Don't get me wrong, read your thread and your prep work paid off.

yeah the paint is actually sticking fine no cracks nothing weird, the color is normal. they just do alot of overspray, i did the prep work myself you can see in my thread
By jadeydrag0117
thenewvessel wrote:Doing the prep work is the biggest thing. As far as the orange peel, overspray and what not, you can easily remove that with a nice expensive detail job. My brother works for www.autogeek.net and can provide anyone interested with amazing products for really cheap :thumb:

yeah prep work is the most important, its the fun part. just taking a long good time putting real work into your car, giving it the precise effort and tedious amount of detailed work and knowing in the end it will pay off, i like the process of painting

oh wow, maybe i might take you up on that offer in summer going to start some work. and also going to polish my GSR blades in spring break but i dont have a buffer. i

yeah i've used plasti-dip rattle can, its cool for rims i guess. i think its cool because of the idea you can just peel it off change the color of whatever anytime and you can spray glossier paint over it. but honestly i think it looks pretty cheap especially on the body. i LOVE OEM paint look anything oem i love it and thats just my style i don't like any aem paint color codes mixtures and especially flat matte color.

i saw your thread, i think your car looks awesome! and hope you wont spray it with plasti dip lol.
By thenewvessel
jadeydrag0117 wrote:
thenewvessel wrote:Doing the prep work is the biggest thing. As far as the orange peel, overspray and what not, you can easily remove that with a nice expensive detail job. My brother works for www.autogeek.net and can provide anyone interested with amazing products for really cheap :thumb:

yeah prep work is the most important, its the fun part. just taking a long good time putting real work into your car, giving it the precise effort and tedious amount of detailed work and knowing in the end it will pay off

oh wow, maybe i might take you up on that offer in summer going to start some work. and also going to polish my GSR blades in spring break but i dont have a buffer.

yeah i've used plasti-dip rattle can, its cool for rims i guess. i think its cool because of the idea you can just peel it off change the color of whatever anytime and you can spray glossier paint over it. but honestly i think it looks pretty cheap especially on the body. i LOVE OEM paint look anything oem i love it and thats just my style i don't like any aem paint color codes mixtures and especially flat matte color.

i saw your thread, i think your car looks awesome! and hope you wont spray it with plasti dip lol.

For sure, let me know whatever you need and I'll let you know prices. They carry anything from detailing products to floor mats and sanding equipment.

Yeah OEM paint beats everything else, sadly though I don't have that kinda money. I'd personally rather spend the money else ware (motor :thumb: ) but Plastidip does a decent job at temporary fixes and mainyl to bring new life to the car by easily changing the color.

The blue is staying on the car, just going to thinner the rims and redo them white via Plastidip because theyre all chipped and ugly looking.

I'm painting the engine bay and interior black since its red atm though.
By jadeydrag0117
thenewvessel wrote:
jadeydrag0117 wrote:

yeah prep work is the most important, its the fun part. just taking a long good time putting real work into your car, giving it the precise effort and tedious amount of detailed work and knowing in the end it will pay off

oh wow, maybe i might take you up on that offer in summer going to start some work. and also going to polish my GSR blades in spring break but i dont have a buffer.

For sure, let me know whatever you need and I'll let you know prices. They carry anything from detailing products to floor mats and sanding equipment.

Yeah OEM paint beats everything else, sadly though I don't have that kinda money. I'd personally rather spend the money else ware (motor :thumb: ) but Plastidip does a decent job at temporary fixes and mainyl to bring new life to the car by easily changing the color.

The blue is staying on the car, just going to thinner the rims and redo them white via Plastidip because theyre all chipped and ugly looking.

I'm painting the engine bay and interior black since its red atm though.

ill def need a DAsander,a polisher, grinder, maybe a jitterbug, idk something to do a good job and make a fun body work project.

yea its just really a little thing to play with. my friend had some whos not really into cars had some black plasti dip and i sprayed my fog lights, i posted pics in my thread
By jadeydrag0117
thenewvessel wrote:I'll let you know for sure once he figures out the pricing.

I saw, looks really good man :thumb:

oh! i didn't mean to ask for those, i just meant generally those items i will probably be looking more into around summer. definitely not worried about it now. lol got a tone of school work the semester just started for me.

+thanks
By jadeydrag0117
#327386 picked this up at target for like under $20 , SUCH A GOOD TOOL! lol makes washing you car take 1/2 the time 8)

Last edited by jadeydrag0117 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.