Post YOUR Hatchback here
By EGCiviCKid
#291727 Hi,
I have just purchased a EG4 listed as spares or repares, the previous owner has said the car has a head gasket problem, i bought this car mainly for the shell as it has had a new paint job a couple months ago :thumb:

Now i am in two minds on what to do with this civic, i do have a second EG4 which i drive daily.
I was thinking fix the head gasket my self? or just put a new engine in?
if i was to drop a new lump in im still not 100% on what one?
im on a budget so needs to be reasonably cheap and also not to complicated as this is my first project :D

im hoping you guys on here can direct me in the right way, however any input would be much appreciated, below are a few pics of what i bought:

By FG2_Andrew
#291732 Drop, wheels, and some go.
By kc12305
#291737 nice repair job looks clean and smoooth
By EGCiviCKid
#291739 ok im leaning more towards putting another d-series in.
still need advice on what will be an easy fit etc ??
d16z6 - will this just be plug nd play?
help!!!!
By bradleyg
#291809 Looks good, D16z6 would probably be easy to swap in I would imagine. Of course it's going to take some time and learning, but go for it! My old hatch had a z6 in it and it ran strong but its nothing compared to my new hatch with a JDM b18c. The power difference is like night and day.
By stubrun
#291930 A d16z6 will drop straight in mate, you may need an obd1 interior loom as most eg4s are obd0. That shell is amazing man! Get it done soon and resell it.
By EGCiviCKid
bradleyg wrote:Looks good, D16z6 would probably be easy to swap in I would imagine. Of course it's going to take some time and learning, but go for it! My old hatch had a z6 in it and it ran strong but its nothing compared to my new hatch with a JDM b18c. The power difference is like night and day.

Is the D16z6 vetec and can it be turbod?
By EGCiviCKid
stubrun wrote:A d16z6 will drop straight in mate, you may need an obd1 interior loom as most eg4s are obd0. That shell is amazing man! Get it done soon and resell it.

Cheers buddy! Ok so I need to look out for an obd1 loom, anything else I should get? Only payed 250 for the car! Bargin! Lol so if I do eventually sell profit all the way!
By kel
EGCiviCKid wrote:
bradleyg wrote:Looks good, D16z6 would probably be easy to swap in I would imagine. Of course it's going to take some time and learning, but go for it! My old hatch had a z6 in it and it ran strong but its nothing compared to my new hatch with a JDM b18c. The power difference is like night and day.

The z6 can be turbo'd and there dirt cheap. The z6 will fall straight in but you will need the z6 engine loom, vtec interior loom from an esi or vti and a p28 ecu. You could do this for around £200 i would say.
By EGCiviCKid
#291938 Right nice one kel, I think thats the direction im gunna be heading, are there any threads for this swap?
By EGCiviCKid
#292383 Shes stripped!!

... And wet :hehe:
for the first time in a year! paint job looks good :thumb:

By EGCiviCKid
kel wrote:
EGCiviCKid wrote:

The z6 can be turbo'd and there dirt cheap. The z6 will fall straight in but you will need the z6 engine loom, vtec interior loom from an esi or vti and a p28 ecu. You could do this for around £200 i would say.

any good places in the uk i could pick this stuff up from? cheers