Post YOUR Hatchback here
By TurboHatch
#291365 sup havnt been here since back in 09 when my yellow hatch won the rotm, kinda been busy with other projects, this one is my most recent.

My 95 civc hatch project.

after being into hondas for a while i sold my yellow hatch
to build my datsun 240
Image,
after the datsun was done i started missing my honda so i searched and found a mint condition low mileage 95 hatch.

it had a few tasteful mods done to it and it was extremely clean. i put the car in storage until i was ready to do some thing with it. when the drag racing season started i was racing my datsun but was having allot of problems with being consistent with the clutch so i decided to convert the datsun to a automatic and in the mean while i got the civic out and signed up for points in the sport compact series and started racing it instead. the normally aspirated b18c was peppy managing to run in the mid 14s and in the mid 90s mph but if you know me that wasnt fast enough so i put some rods and pistons in it and turbo'd it
and the video on how i did it can be seen here
how to turbo your honda over the weekend - YouTube.
it ended up making 426 to the front wheels and that was good enough to run a best of 12.8 on street tires and 11.488 on some 6 inch dot slicks. i went on to win the champion ship in the compact class but being back in a high power fwd quickly reminded me why i sold my yellow one and went rwd, the dreaded spin spin shift spin spin shift and then hook syndrome. so i spent a couple weeks doing some research on different hondas made over the years and found that with some fabrication and lots of creativity i could use a 99 honda cr-v awd transmission in place of my gsr tranny since i was a b series and the 99 cr-v also came with a b series.
so first thing was to make some custom mounts for the transmission.
using a old block as mock up we got the transmission all sorted out.
the next thing was to convert the car from the rod shifter to the cr-v cable shifter
we then bolted the tranny to the motor and put it in.
with the transmission all installed and the shifter done it was time to do the rear of the car. i decided to not use the cr-v rear end parts for a couple reasons but the primary reason was the cr-v is not a full time awd it has clutch packs in the rear diff that only engage when the front tires are spinning. i wanted a more full time awd set up so i looked into the 1991 rt4wd civic wagons these used a beefier rear end and axles then the cr-v and they used a viscous coupler in the center of the drive shaft to bias the power between the front and rear. the wagon rear axles are two different lengths and since the eg hatch is wider i had to use two left side axles.
the fuel tank had to be removed and relocated to the trunk.
it was connected up as if it was still under the car so it can still be filled from the oem location all wires and lines were extended. we then made a false floor to hide the tank and still have some sort of trunk.
with the tank out of the way a mount was made to fasten the wagon diff into the car.
next custom rear arms that were made by grafting eg civic and awd wagon arms together were installed so the axles could power the rear tires. here you can see the custom arm next to a stock one.
next the 3 peice wagon drive shaft using the viscous coupler had to be mounted using custom mounts and a adapter to connect the wagon flange to the cr-v transfer case had to be machined.
the last order of business was to cut up the exhaust and reweld it together in such a way that it came out the drivers side rear instead of the oem location on the passenger side due to it not being able to cross over past the drive shaft. lastly we tested the awd in the garage. very first test of awd .MOV - YouTube
i have since put about 100 miles on this set up and done many full throttle launches and the result is now i have so much traction i cant even spin a tire on cold roads, the car dead hooks and and no longer spins a bit in first and second gear. i have also recently upgraded the cams and springs and got retuned to 450 whp, but more importently i gained 50 whp and tq in the midrange. looking to run 10s on street tires and pump gas.
By Fada Blayne
#291367 :thumb: nice!

looking fwd to seeing more of this car
By gummer
#291381 damn man!!! that car is sick, a lot of custom work and still is street driveable, this is my dream car
By dbrooks
#291383 That is soooo sick! :thumb:
By Aldo91
#291384 In for more info XD :thumb: :thumb:
By Gustavo
dbrooks wrote:That is soooo sick! :thumb:

x2 :thumb:
By bserius
#291418 cant wait to see it run at beaver. had no idea ya were on here Craig. its Andy if your wondering lol
By TrailerTrash
#291419 thats awesome. i believe ive seen your video and possibly you on patuned?
By Ajax1989
#291421 I love your car!! OMG what I'd do for a Awd civic!
By chrono404
#291425 This is an awesome build. This is something I have been wanting to do myself. Congrats on an AWD Turbo Civic. Bet its fun as hell to drive. :thumb:
By Apexracing
#291428 looks like it was made that way great job!
By RL-521
#291434 someone get this guy a beer