Post YOUR Hatchback here
By 94Si Hatch
bks84 wrote:you numbered your plug wires wrong...

I know, I just had to have some way to remember how to put them back on when I was painting my VC. Thanks.
By 1ACarlos
#297094 Nice hatch
By couch_c
#297555 May I ask how you painted the "Honda" and "Vtec" so perfectly?
By 94Si Hatch
couch_c wrote:May I ask how you painted the "Honda" and "Vtec" so perfectly?

To be honest, it was actually a pain in the ass. Lol. I can upload some pics of the process that I have on my phone if you want to see, but the process went something like this:

PREP-
1.) Took it off, and ran it through the Parts cleaner, then bead blasted, then parts cleaned again.
2.) Bought some VHT 500 Degrees Resistant Paint in Gloss Red and Low Gloss Black.
3.) 800 Grit sand paper to smooth off the surface of the Valve Cover, dipped it in PurpleStuff and rinsed it to get rid of any last crud.
4.) Masked any openings to the inside of the VC.

PAINT-
1.) Shot a light first coat of black all around, let it sit for an hour or so.
2.) Went back and added about 3-4 more coats to get a good solid finish. (You can wet sand, and reapply between coats for a seriously glossy finish, but it's low gloss so who really GAF anyways.)
3.) Let the finished product dry for 24 Hours.
4.) Bought a Rubber Roller from Michael's 8) Lol
5.) Spray Painted some newspaper super thick with red, and rolled the rubber roller through it.
6.) Rolled the red paint onto the "Honda" "H" and "VTEC". Let that dry for a good solid 24 hours. Got a new VC Gasket and put it back on. :thumb:

TIP: If your going to roll it on, don't make huge, long, rolls, best way to do it, is get a lot of paint on the roller, and go back and forth quickly in a small section. If you roll across the entire logo, the paint get's thin and starts to get stringy. (The pain in the ass part - Had to pretty much restart after that^ :x )
Sorry if that was too in-depth, just had a lot of time on my hands. :thumb:
By couch_c
#297663 Haha well it still came out looking really nice, I'm planning on doing a valve cover paint one of these days, I've only seen people paint over the entire cover and sand down the letters.
By 94Si Hatch
couch_c wrote:Haha well it still came out looking really nice, I'm planning on doing a valve cover paint one of these days, I've only seen people paint over the entire cover and sand down the letters.

Thanks! And yeah, that's what most people do. It's what Honda does as well on all of their "Blue" and "Red" top VC's. If you want, I could give you a solid run-down of how to get a super polished, glossy finish look if you want. If you roll the "Honda" and etc., it may come out looking a little "orange-peely". Mine does if you look closely. If it's your first time, I'd recommend just getting a really nice coat of paint on the Valve Cover, and then sanding the letters down very carefully. It looks really professional.
If you have any questions about that sort of thing, feel free to ask me. My Dad did a lot of fine-scale modelling, and auto/plane painting, so I have some good tips passed down. :lol:
By 94Si Hatch
#297679 Shitz & Giggles :
Got a Honda Lawn Mower (Because I'm that JDM. :werd:), and I decided to give it a Hellaflush look after washing it off today. I thought it was pretty legit to be honest. Lmao;