Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Hatch-O-Doom
dbrooks wrote:Hahaha I'd probably start with a second car. I'm thinking about getting a 240sx

Yeah I deff need a second beast, I hate bumming rides everywhere, and thats all I have been doin this week.

But I got the B20B out of the car last night.
No Engine Lift, 3 dedicated people. and brute force got it out :lol:

I was gonna reuse the block, but looked into it more, and seen some cylinder damage, not sure If I can hone it out or not, but dont wanna risk it.
The rest of the parts should be here this week soon, and then I can start putting everythng back together.

Also noticed a fine line one Cylinder 1 & 4 goin down, not sure if its a begining of a crack or not but dont wanna risk it. So Gonna Build the B20Z and throw it in to the car...
By brandoff88
#309953 haha smart man, better safe then sorry, i know your pain, i been trying to drag my motor around on a layed down hand truck with a crate on top...almost tipped it over once lol, so my father and law went and got me a cherry picker ^_^ :thumb:
By Hatch-O-Doom
#310039 Got my New Headgasket and Timing Belt :)

Still Waiting for my Pistons,Rods, Bearings, Block Gaurd, Clutch Aligment tool and most important My built head to come in, Hopefully aiming to have the car up and running by the weekend. and then scedual a new dyno day for sometime shortly after that. :) :thumb:

Kinda worryied about building my own bottom end, first time I will be dissasemblying and putting everything to getherby my self. :shock:

So I plan on doin everything one Piston at a time. honeing and then putting the new one in.... gonna take my time. TQ eerything right and hopefully not fuck anything up :lol:
By Eg6H2D
#310071 New manley rods and reuse the rod bearings? Negative always go with new and ALWAYS triple check the clearances!!!

:thumb:
By Hatch-O-Doom
EG6b20R wrote:New manley rods and reuse the rod bearings? Negative always go with new and ALWAYS triple check the clearances!!!

:thumb:

Got Standard ACL bearings.
:shock:
By Hatch-O-Doom
#310232 Got My B20Z2 All torn apart, Cleaned. and ready for the Pistons to go into night with the new rods and everything.

:shock:

Still got to tear the other B20B apart to get my brand new partts off that to reuse.

Hopeing to have everything Assembled tonight. then have the motor intomorrow afternoon. and get it pused out of my buddies garage and clean everything... I have to set a new Dyno time for the car which sucks, I wont drive it till it gets on the dyno. :/ So its gonna be sitting for a little bit longer which sucks. but I am okay with it.

Let me know what you guys think, and if I should do anuthing before the dyno.
By Hatch-O-Doom
#310365 Well Guys, After a long weekend of working since 4 for my job, then being up till 2 wrenching on the car. it is alive again!

I was scared as fuck to turn the car over!
Hand Cranked it like 50 times to make sure everything was good. assembled everything in my good buddies garage. him and my friend did a great deal of work cuz I was a sleep friday night due to having to work saturday!

Well new parts on the car are as fallows:
B20Z2(146HP and 133tq stock)
99 GSR Head Fully Built By RS Machine using Full Supertech Dual Springs , Titatnium retainers, Race Valves, Guides Port and Polish and a 3 Angel Valve job.
Crankl Case Breather Set Up. Opened up the back of block.
Wisco 8.8-1 Pistons.
Manly H-Beam Rods
ACL Bearings
Gates Racing Blue Timing Belt
and a New Driver side axel

So after everything was hooked up I fired her up, ran good. for a while then shut off.... :/ Jumped her ran ok, died again.... turns out I forgot to install the Alternator belt some how :/ installed it. ran it and she runs like a beast! :woot:

Shes running a bit lean. 15.5 afr on 2k rpms.
and idle is somwhere around 16.4

No WOT yet, that will happen after tune and break in :D

The Edelbrock Intake mani is a bitch to get everything to hook up right on it!

Dyno is set for the 14th and hopefully she is a beauty on it!

Forgot to add. I now have a CEL Code. 5,6, and 7
By dbrooks
#310366 I saw that video on your facebook and it sounds good man! :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
#310369 sweet i cant wait to see some numbers put down nice work :thumb:
By Hatch-O-Doom
#310370 I Cant wait either man! Hopeing to get some decent numbers. :D
Lots of Time/Money/Blood has gone into this car. I think after the 14th. Hatch-O-Doom will be put on hold. to pay off the debt it has put me into.
and find a new DD.
The DD Will either be a 2000-2002 car.
looking at
WRX/S2000/325xi/ something of that nature. Kinda leaning towards a Bimmer Wanna look kinda rich for the ladies. :) and something I can keep stock and not spend crap loads of money into.

But here are some pics of the Build of the week. Maybe I should try again for another ROTM- cuz I tried 2, lost 2 :(
Sorry for bad quality, taken with the Celly, late at night.

Everything Installed. Ready for its first fire up

Garage before we cleaned the horrendous mess that we made with the motor swap :shock:

What everyone will see come the 14th :lol:

and the Vid. Sorry bad quality... Will get a better one sooner or later

By dbrooks
#310375 BMW :thumb: :thumb:
By fago88
#310407 nice engine sound ^^
By Hatch-O-Doom
#310532 DBrooks, I want one, I gotta find one for a good price and its gonna happen :lol:

The dyno Tune day is almost here... Week needs to hurry up a bit. 8)

But I had to replace the Left Axel, as I mentioned eariler. but now I have a clunking sound comeing from the left side, you can hear it pretty loud.

It happens only when driving, and you go to shift, Pushing clutch in, and giving it gas to swich gears, accelerate... sometimes happenes when just driving around and not hitting clutch... its kinda by the driver side wheel.. havent had a chance to lift the car and see what it is... Ill lift the car Friday afterwork, gotta do a oil change. so thats when I will see whats all goin on there. Ill do a oil change before the tune, and a oil change 50mils after the tune,a then another one when I get to 500 Miles.

:woot:
By Hatch-O-Doom
#310741 Well Upon further examination. I have found that the Clunking noise was my left side motor mount bolt was a tad bit loose... So I have tightined that. :woot:

Redid the Vacume lines for the Bov. I either need bigger fitting or smaller lines :x

Today I am gonna change the oil and coolant.

and do a compression test on the car to see how everything is.

Then the Dyno on Saturday. I need to call and confirm my Appointment.
and while there there gonna hook up my Vtec, maybe throw on a MBC set it at 20-25 psi and then see what this beast will do :shock:

Wish me luck guys!
By dbrooks
#310783 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: