Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Gunni
#295984 why do u need so massive roll cage .. could have saved some kg's on it
By EJ1_MK
Gunni wrote:why do u need so massive roll cage .. could have saved some kg's on it

SCCA / NASA rule book states you have to have a certain items in your role cage for a particular classes. looks to be chromoly tubing so it shouldn't be much more than 100 to 200 lbs worth of weight which is not a lot compared to steel cages.
By -paul
#296016 This build! Great stuff!
By known
#296065 Thanks Paul!

Yes like Ej1 said, when you club race you have to follow rules especially in the safety department. Hans device, fire equipment, sfi nomex gloves, boots, suit, socks, blah blah look at the GCR from SCCA or the CCR from NASA if you really want to look.

The roll cage is 1.5x.095 DOM steel. The crhomoly is overkill unless you really need to save weight which in my case Im still under weight for class

The cage still only added about 180 lbs or so.

Im looking at some new suspensions, Im thinking about possibly getting a very nice setup with remote reservoirs with a monotube design.

JRZ is really out of the price range I want but you never know what deals are out there for lightly used sets.

BC Racing ER

Eibach R2 Pro

Koni which really is last on my list for their race shocks

I have been trying to get some sponsorship help on suspension but I havent heard back form anyone yet.
By 1ACarlos
#296125 Nice
By known
#297200 I picked up a new crank scraper because the other one I have is for a GSR (which Im trying to sell).

This is the most up to date version, still need to get the windage tray from IJ.

Im also going to be adding some more video soon.
By kapow
#313287 Loving the engine build pics. Very inspiring!
By known
#318975 Thanks! Havent updated in a awhile....basicaly had 2 races. I finished both in 2nd, the motor was over heating from a bad tune job but I ran anyway to make sure I got the 2 races in for my regional license requirement.

Wasnt a good idea...

Race 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De_TkwhfgmI&list=UULHLkCHnskg8Ps23qVeGqsA&index=2&feature=plcp

I have been working on a new race motor for a lower class, I contracted a friend to build the motor and have it machined. I didnt skimp on barely anything with the new D series race motor.

s300 v2 Hondata this time for tuning.