Post YOUR Hatchback here
By -paul
#286761 Hi all, after about 3years of ownership and many changes due to different ideas, incentives and ££££'s spent, it's almost ready for some abuse on the track! I plan to use this thread to post pictures of any new goodies and changes done as I progress from now on. Meanwhile I'll post some pictures up of my car's journey over the years. I don't have as many pics as I would like, nor do I have as many 'up to date' pictures but I will do so soon. Also, I'm no photographer so apologies for what may seem to be horrendous pictures. Thanks :)

So here are a couple of pictures that the prev owner used to advertise her before she was in my hands;

Got 1/4 of the way home after picking her up, the AA took me the rest of the way due to a blown head gasket, was not happy! :13:. She here's me doing my first headgasket change.

Shite filter

Head off - after growing a pair of balls ;p

Blown gasket - poor D16 :(

Cleaning the block/piston surfaces

Head skimmed :yes:

Bodywork - All carried out by my father who comes in handy from time to time being a panel beater hard at work lol. I did help out stripping panels off of her though ;p

More to follow ....
Last edited by -paul on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By -paul
#286762 On to my favourite part of the build - respray! Here are the stages of her being painted!

I just want to say before I move on further - it's amazing how much experience you gain as time moves forward. If I had known all the things I know now at this present moment in time, my car would of been ready a long time ago, plus I would of saved any embarrassment that my car went through and probably a lot of ££££. Anyway, we all learn by our mistakes eh?
By -paul
#286763 After meeting Jerrick at Mimms and having an in depth conversation relating to his suspension, I decided to go ahead and purchase a set! These were the original before he brought out the Zeta S/R's

Old vs New

Much better - forgot how much I wanted new wheels ... lol

Front nearside suspension f**ked

Some pics after suspension fitted and a wash

Pics are horrid due to old phone. Doesn't do the paintwork justice!

I had to find a temporary air filter as this just wasn't working ...

A friend gave me a spare pipe and filter that he had doing nothing

Things started moving in the right direction ... for now ...

Then a badger ran rather fast into my car ... :thumbdown:

Silly badger...
By -paul
#286764 Unfortunately my car decided to have a fight with a barrier. EG lost :thumbdown:

Just to add some info at this point, when I had the bodywork sorted, the arches were only fibreglassed, no new arches were welded in, as I deeply regret even till this day. So this 'incident' gave me the incentive to have a new arch welded in. The other side still to be done. Here are some pics of the poor girl back after some refreshing repairs! Pics improved slightly, but still not great, apologies! Oh, picked up some 16" Slipstreams for the time being.

By -paul
#286765 Couple of months later, had issues with my D16z6 - decided to have a fresh rebuild done! (Still used same valve cover)

Shortly after that, I decided to go wild and do this!

Unfortunately, I still failed to replace my fart cannon. At this stage, I was indecisive with what I wanted to do with it, so I was doing crazy things. About a month (if that) I sold these wheels and purchased some SSR Type X wheels (due to being soooo light, but had some curb marks - no biggie) with brand new T1R's.

Close up, upgraded my front brakes to Jerrick's 286mm
By -paul
#286766 I definitely had decided by now that I wanted to use this baby and build it for some track action! Decided to buy some seats!

Was getting late so I only fitted the one seat in.

Both together!
(Crap pic - colour fade ftl)

Some pictures my friend took at a later stage

Some pics that I took. iPhone4 photos are clearly better than my old iPhone 3G photos that were taken

Purchased a new ASR brace and 24mm ARB :) and a few months before replaced my old MeisterR's to Jerricks newer Zeta S's and his new LCA's
By -paul
#286768 Decided to get stripping the sound deadening... Hard work!

Wanted the rear more rigid. Bought an X Brace

Cleaned, and waxed the car. Some quick snapshots in the sun using the iPhone

I decided that I wanted more power. Took a trip to Endless Horizon and left them to work their magic.
Here's a teaser pic from what was to come.

I don't have any more pics of the engine bay as it stands right now, but as said from the beginning, I plan to get up to date very soon :).

Did have it mapped and here is the most important pic. Sorry for snapping your necks reading it sideways

So much smoother than what it was. It made 204bhp. 172whp.
By -paul
#286769 Random pic as she stands at the moment. Do plan to raise the height slightly as the 98spec mani does sit rather low ;p

I still am using the Toyo T1R's at the moment, size being 195/45/15. I'm thinking that come the spring, I'm either going to change my wheels to something that has an offset of around ET35 as my SSR's at the moment are ET45, and using a tyre size of 195/50 or 205/50. By doing that, should raise my height that fraction without me adjusting the suspension height. I shall see..

Couple of random pics from the last Mimms meet in October

That's it at the moment people. Apologies for the amount of RED in the thread lol. Please fire any constructive criticism, opinions and feedback at me. Thanks for looking. My current specs are as follows;

Engine
DC2 ITR 96 B18C Conversion with 98Spec manifold (Heat wrapped)
Baffled sump
Kevlar Password JDM (Whale *****) Intake
2.5" Decat/ITR B pipe
Spoon N1
Tegiwa aluminium rad

Chassis/Exterior
SSR Type X Wheel
Toyo T1R's
MeisterR 286mm Brake Upgrade (Standard calipers)
Rear ITR Brake conversion
VTi Lip
DC2 ITR Subframe/ARB
DC2 ITR Steering Rack
Polished ASR Brace
24mm ASR rear ARB
Polished MeisterR LCA's
MeisterR Zeta S Coilovers

Interior
Complete black interior conversion
Bride Gias Low Max's
Godspeed X Brace
Skunk2 Gear Knob

That's all I can think of right now! :)

P.S. Want to change the colour of my Valve cover. I'm thinking Spoon Yellow or J's Racing blue. Opinions? :)
By Hatch-O-Doom
#286772 FUCKING SICK!
Love how you repainted it! I wanna repaint mine so so bad!!!
Car looks awesome man!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :woot:
By TrailerTrash
#286782 freakin awesome red :thumb:

and Bride LowMax... :jerkbow: :jerkbow: :jerkbow:
By Ecc0
#286784 Wow loving the whole life story. And your hatch looks the tits for it too

I was at the last mimms meet, was the first time my car came out as only finished it and got it back on the road the Friday before. Where abouts are you from as guessing you must be local to mimms.

There's starting to get quite a few UK members signin up so don't forget to check out the UK chat page as we are trying to sort out an eg meet.

Keep up the good work on your hatch too is looking great
By JohnRM
#286819 Wowwww, this is awesome. Your car came a long way and I'm glad that you like it! Get it on ROTM and I'll vote for you for sure :thumb:
By Greasedmonkey
#286821 Car is awesome. Love those seats.
By -paul
JUICE wrote:beautiful hatch man :thumb:

i bet your pops was pissed when he had to re-do that rear quarter :lol:

Haha yeah he wasn't too pleased, especially when I gave him a new arch to weld in this time! Still need to do the other side as it's bubbling up again now :(.