Post YOUR Hatchback here
By mitch6
Adriano Martins wrote:
mitch6 wrote:
Civic_HatchSI wrote:The greddy plate looks awesome

Adriano Martins wrote:Nice project!

Thanks! :thumb: :thumb:

I have another part to add to my collection, might be installing this next summer:

JDM DC2 parking pole I plan to retrofit into my eg 8)

Sorry, but what's this pole for? And how does it works?

The parking pole is used to determine how close your front end is to the object in front of you. In Japan, their parking is quite tight, so they use these to assist in their parking. Here in Canada, its basically useless since we have so much space here :lol: :lol: its basically all for show as Civic_HatchSI was basically stating. Its a good conversation piece :thumb:

Here is a Video of how it looks when operating:

(just click on the first picture)

Civic_HatchSI wrote:Sweet!!! i love my parking pole, you will like it. It's always a great conversation piece at car shows :thumb:

I agree :thumb: :thumb: cant wait to install it! I picked it up for cheap locally, so I could not resist!
By Civic_HatchSI
#339246 Yours is way different then mine wow! I didn't know Honda made others. Is yours oem?
By mitch6
AutoXRacer wrote:how do you find stuff like this here!!
damn man I have been looking for rare goodies like that for awhile!,
haha I would love one of those. =P

HAHA yea it would match your hatch too! with the green light

Civic_HatchSI wrote:Yours is way different then mine wow! I didn't know Honda made others. Is yours oem?

I am actually not sure, but I am 90% sure it is an OEM honda parking pole. I have not taken a good look at it yet :?

As for UPDATES:

Just installed my new JDM FEEL's Honda Twin Cam Works Real Carbon Fiber strut tower bar!

This will match my intake quite nicely!

By davidomalley
mitch6 wrote:I have installed my new TruHart Suspension parts! Now just to get an alignment :lol:

Here are some pics:

Still need to test drive my eg with the new components but the weather is not too good right now :?

I was just doing some research on the Truehart components. What do you think about them so far?
By mitch6
davidomalley wrote:
mitch6 wrote:I have installed my new TruHart Suspension parts! Now just to get an alignment :lol:

Still need to test drive my eg with the new components but the weather is not too good right now :?

I was just doing some research on the Truehart components. What do you think about them so far?

I cannot say too much so far about these so far because I have not been driving my civic much since the winters here are crazy haha! Since I have installed the new TruHart components, I have done one test drive and still need to get an alignment. But form what I can see and from what I have experienced so far, this is what I can say:

The physical structure or thought/engineering put into these components exceeded what I expected. The upper control arms are very beast! As soon as you hold it in your hands, you can just tell these are not cheap parts... And this goes for all the components I bought, control arms, camber kits, ball joints, toe links, etc...

The bushings look very good, but once again I cannot say much until I have driven more with them. They claim these are polyurethane, but they are definitely not as "Hard" as my energy suspension bushings. There ball joints for the front upper camber is made by HARD RACE, which is very nice because HARD RACE makes very good bushings and ball joints!

After having my first test drive (mind you alignment needed to be done and my squishy winter tires were on the car), the cornering felt like a night and day difference, and my car already felt really crazy to begin with. I guess having new firmer ball joints, and with a raised roll centre rather than a negative roll centre, the cars handling performance was improved. I have changed all bushings and joints on my car so far except my tie rod ends, and right now, the ride feel like a new car!

All in all, these are great products based on my current experience, and very affordable! :thumb: :thumb:

In the mean time, I have been really busy preparing my subaru for a custom turbo install this winter haha :lol:
By mitch6
#343227 I have not poste in what seems like forever. Been too busy with my Subaru winter beater and with school. Looks like I will be making some updates soon for future plans for my eg and some pics of my BOOSTED Legacy Outback!

8)
By mitch6
#344114 I have not done an update for some time.

Sadly, I have done nothing new to my eg lol..... :facepalm:

My plans for the civic is to add some BOOST!!!!! I am slowly gathering up parts. If anyone has a nice TOP MOUNT TURBO MANIFOLD that they want to get rid of, I might be interested!!! (For B-series)

Since I have nothing to show for the civic at the moment, I will post some of the other projects I have completed and worked on this winter:

1st project, JDM DC integra Front End Conversion!

Welded on a new T-bracket and did all the wiring. Took a good day to complete, but it looks FLAWLESS!

Loaded it into my subaru legacy. Such a convenient vehicle!

Sorry for the odd looking pics

Here is the removal of his old T-bracket, and then the installation of the JDM one (tack weld for mock fit)

Mock fit! all lines up! so now to finish welding, here is the mock fit:

and the finished product!

2nd project, My EJ22E Subaru Legacy Turbo install

As I believe I stated earlier in my thread, I picked up an OEM 94 Legacy EJ22T IHI VF11 Turbo, and slapped it onto my legacy.

For the most part it was an easy job except for the exhaust up and down pipes lol. The up pipe was especially difficult to do, and required around 7 welds and many small bends to wrap around the CV-axle.

The down pipe was also tricky because of how far back the turbo sat in the engine bay. There is only a couple millimeters of clearance from the fire wall and the turbo down pipe :lol:

And of course, I wanted an IC as the 94 legacy turbo did not use an IC from factory. So I bought an 02 WRX TMIC, and did some modifications to make it fit.

I also had to pull the motor to change the clutch since the old one was slipping. Since the motor was pulled, I did the Head Gaskets, front and rear main seals, most other head related seals and a new timing belt, pulleys, water pump, etc....

This is the finished product:

Turbo with heat blanket

custom made up and down pipes

pulled the motor

and all installed!

By Civic_HatchSI
#344126 It's so funny that you have the same three cars as I do lol. Hatch, teg and subaru :P I haven't done much on my hatch either been busy with the teg.

I love the work you did on the Intgra, the front end really sets it off. Where did you end up finding those factory side skirts? I have been wanting a set for mine for a long time. Do you plan on swapping out those headlights for the black housing HID's? Anyways keep up the good work, I am sure the teg will be as clean as your eg when your finished :D
By mitch6
Civic_HatchSI wrote:It's so funny that you have the same three cars as I do lol. Hatch, teg and subaru :P I haven't done much on my hatch either been busy with the teg.

I love the work you did on the Intgra, the front end really sets it off. Where did you end up finding those factory side skirts? I have been wanting a set for mine for a long time. Do you plan on swapping out those headlights for the black housing HID's? Anyways keep up the good work, I am sure the teg will be as clean as your eg when your finished :D

The teg was a sweet car, but it was not mine, it was my younger brothers car :D He picked up the car with a bad motor, but it just so happens this was one of the "special edition" integras that came with the very rare optional lip kit (same lip kit as the type R) and was painted the same color of his car from factory. I pulled another B18B1 from his buddies car and that was swapped in. Then I did the conversion, and then what does he do?? He sold the car a month after :? He got offered a really reasonable price, but it was quite sad since I had helped him out so much with it, just to see it be sold off.... But what can you do :lol:

Right now im just gathering up turbo parts for my hatch. Just looking for minimal gains, nothing crazy since I will not be building the motor quite yet. I have to stay conservative.
:thumb:
By Civic_HatchSI
#344142 My brother did the same thing with is 95 coupe!!! I helped him do everything then he sold it :x

Trust me even with conservative boost it still sucks for a daily.. With my experience anyways. I ran my stock gsr with low boost for one summer it worked, but it wasn't as much as a daily driver anymore :thumbdown: I was always worried about something.

What did you decide on for a turbo? Are you just piecing together your own kit or buying one?
By mitch6
Civic_HatchSI wrote:My brother did the same thing with is 95 coupe!!! I helped him do everything then he sold it :x

Trust me even with conservative boost it still sucks for a daily.. With my experience anyways. I ran my stock gsr with low boost for one summer it worked, but it wasn't as much as a daily driver anymore :thumbdown: I was always worried about something.

What did you decide on for a turbo? Are you just piecing together your own kit or buying one?

I dont think it should be all too bad for a DD :D When I say DD, I mean drive it around 3 out of 7 days a week since I take the Subaru out quite often and dont drive the civic much in the winter.

As for the project, its going to be a custom setup, and as for a turbo, I have a nice Toyota supra CT26 laying around, so might as well make use of it :lol:

Im looking for more high end power than low end so I dont always have to be hitting boost. So this way, ideally I wont have to hit boost until around 3500 - 4000 RPM depending on my throttle response too of course. This should make the car still fairly suitable for DD, and I plan to make it very sleeper.

I plan to have the original bumper still in place with the grill not cut, and have my intercooler and piping all black to blend in. My exhaust probably will not be much louder or if anything slightly quieter than it is already as the turbo should muffle the sound a bit in addition to my resonators.

It should be an interesting project, I like to keep things as unique as possible, always trying to do something people would not expect :thumb:

So far this is what I have:

-CT26 Toyota Supra Turbo
-450CC DSM Blue Injectors
-38mm TIAL Wastegate
-Apexi BOV
-27"x7"x2.75" intercooler
-Wideband
-GReddy Boost gauge (but probably going to buy a different gauge to mach the interior)
-Catchcan

And possibly a few things I missed. Right now I am looking to buy my charge piping in black with black couplers and paint the clamps black too. Then I need my Turbo flange and wastegate flange adapters, and a nice top mount exhaust manifold. Of course I will be getting all the other small things later too such as the ECU chip, turbo blanket, filter, oil lines, oil sandwhich, etc....

Not sure when I will collect everything or when I will get time to do it, but should be interesting.

I am helping my friend with his ~400 HP CRV B18C1 project, he is building his motor up, and throwing a diesel turbo on it :lol: its going to be an ultimate sleeper and troll.
By TurboEGhatch
#347114 Car looks good! I'm about to do a projector reto on my hatch, how did the FX-Rs fit in there? Was it a pain?