Post YOUR Hatchback here
By AutoXRacer
#334263 thats actually pretty good pricing for all 4 tires. I have always heard great things about the Toyo Proxes, I was debating on getting a set for my EG when I am finished rebuilding it for the next race season.
By AutoXRacer
#334266 i wouldnt doubt it, I am in love with my Falken Ziex 912's Probably the best tire I have used so far and I have been through a lot of tires trying to find the best ground grabbing ones. May have to take a peek at these Toyos and see how they hold up against the Falkens.
By mitch6
AutoXRacer wrote:i wouldnt doubt it, I am in love with my Falken Ziex 912's Probably the best tire I have used so far and I have been through a lot of tires trying to find the best ground grabbing ones. May have to take a peek at these Toyos and see how they hold up against the Falkens.

My old civic had the same fallen ziex tires, and they felt good too! But if have to say, the Proxes hands down grabbed the corners much better :thumb:

Any updates on your build? I need to check that out haha
By AutoXRacer
#334271 Well I may have to try those tires next season. =)
And nah I haven't been at my garage in like 2 months because I have sold my trailer and I am moving into a new house in Douglasdale come the end of July. So I will be moving all my parts and car to that house because I now have a double attached garage.

But now that my garage will be two steps away I can work on my car every night if I want to. =P

Hopefully I will be getting the quarter panels welded in and get the engine bay welded and shaved. Then start on the body work and engine tucking. =)
By mitch6
#337298 Looks like I have not been making updates since.... a very long time ago lol...

There is a good reason for this, I have not been driving my eg much because the front ball joints are wearing out. The passenger upper ball joint is very bad and drivers side lower ball joint is getting there. So as a result, I need to replace all 4 (for the sake of completion) when I get the time.

And it does not help my Garage is full of motor bikes my dad is working on... so I have not had garage space for about 6-8 months now...

As for what I have been working on in the mean time, I have bought a 96 Subaru Legacy Outback for the winter here. It has an ej22, completely powerless for such a heavy vehicle haha!!

Picked this up for $500, put a small amount of money into it, here is the before and after:

Tons of Rust:

After:

Full of trolling items lol. Un-nessisary bumper guard, tow hook, cargo carrier, roof lights, etc....

Going to do a retrofit when I get the chance

As for my eg, this is basically all that happened this summer due to lack of time and garage space.... :?

Installed a red oil catch can, re-painted the VC and brakes, and showed up at the illmotion sunday school show n shine this year:

By Punksz6
#337701 Man the Subie came out Nice!! Nice Work and the Hatch is looking Great As well! :thumb:
By Civic_HatchSI
#337987 Love the Subaru!!! I drive one as well for a winter beater, they are great cars and awesome in the snow. Defiantly a must have for our crazy Canadian winters!!! lol
By mitch6
#338176 FINALLY!

I have new ball joints! My civic will be back on the road soon enough lol....

I have a large number of parts I have been accumulating that I have had ZERO time to spend installing them :lol: But looks like I may have time this weekend to get started on all this!

Here is what I got:

TruHart Suspension parts, thanks to LightSpeed Innovations for ordering them all in for me :thumb:

TruHart Front Upper Control Arms w/ Camber Adjust
TruHart Rear Upper Control Arms w/ Camber Adjust
TruHart Roll Centre Adjusting Lower Ball Joints :) :) :) What I needed MOST!
TruHart Rear Toe Links

All I can say about these TruHart parts is that pictures do not do justice, the quality looks very high end! Cant wait to install them!

Got some GPlus Silicon Rad Hoses, GPlus Intake Coupler, new Water Temp Adapter and a Mishimoto Aluminium Dual Core Rad.

And finally, some Ksport coils to replace my Skunk2's since they are getting very old...

Last pic is my parts stash :lol: A lot of which I am also selling if anyone is interested in anything they can see. My Ksport Coils are tucked in the back :thumb:
By mitch6
brandoff88 wrote:are those red ksport lcas on top left of picture?

Yes those are Ksport LCAs but they are orange :lol:
The bushings on them are no good, 5/6 are shot haha
By mitch6
#338447 I have installed my new TruHart Suspension parts! Now just to get an alignment :lol:

Here are some pics:

Still need to test drive my eg with the new components but the weather is not too good right now :?

Also got a Mugen Rad Cap 8)

Also I have decided to turbo my subaru since I sourced an OEM turbo for my ej22 motor :thumb: :thumb:

By mitch6
Civic_HatchSI wrote:wooo boost!!!

Yep! :thumb: This will be my winter break project as soon as my First sem uni finals are over....

Hmmm..... Which turbo shall I use?

LOL Jokes, these are some turbos my buddy has sitting in his garage, just look at that garrett... :o

As for my eg, more updates!!!!

Finally installed my Mishimoto Aluminium Radiator and Red Silicon hoses. Also added in a GReddy cooling plate for looks :thumb:

I had to put a new fitting into the rad since the last owner broke the original one.... what a pain haha

The rad just needs a bit of a polish and its perfect!