Post YOUR Hatchback here
By TrailerTrash
94hatchback wrote:Thanks!

This is the color i decided on painting it when it gets to that point :hehe:

thats awesome :thumb:
By 94hatchback
#284258 had a few things waiting for me when i got home today..

after i get paid for a few things listed on Ebay its time to order a high flow cat and an OBX twin loop muffler :D
By 94hatchback
#288962 its been a little while.. but i finally made a little progress on the car yesterday..

started tackling the head gasket. some pics

kinda blurry.. but timing belt and valve cover off

cams/ dizzy out

head off with new ARP head studs

head back on, new gasket installed and my new OBX 4-1 header :woot:

my modded up high flow cat to mount up to the 2.5" collector on the header

i forgot to get new cam seals before i started and none of the honda dealers around here had them in stock.. so i had to order those. a slight set back.. more pics to follow as more progress is made :thumb:
By 94hatchback
#288963 note.. i did clean the pistons up before i slapped the head back on.. and while removing the intake mani i managed to break the PCV valve hose A. The rubber turned into hard plastic over the years.. New PCV valve hose sitting in my house.. just arrived yesterday as well as a new valve cover gasket.. hopefully my cam seals will be in shortly so i can finish putting the cams in. i hate leaving projects unfinished :x
By 94hatchback
#290090 well finally finished up the gasket install.. fired right up! :woot:

next weekend is time to weld up the exhaust! i ended up getting a black vibrant oval muffler instead of the twin loop. should sound nice and throaty! more updates as progress is made! keep posted! :thumb:
By 94hatchback
#290175 Its no wonder why people charge so much for head gasket replacements. Its alot of work! I just have a hard time paying for labor. All in all the whole deal cost me approx 200 bux with new gasket seals and headstuds.. Once i pulled the head i noticed it already had arp's installed. I put in the new ones anyway haha

Btw i have a set of used arp head studs for a b16 for sale. Willing to ship make an offer! They are in excellent shape!
By 94hatchback
#292031 Welded up some of my exhaust today. Lookin pretty sick!!
By FG2_Andrew
#292034 pretty nice work so far :thumb: my only pet peeve is the side molding on a CX hatch :x

i love your choice for future paint though
By 94hatchback
#292037 You talkin about on the fenders? Yea thats coming off when i start to do the bodywork prep for painting haha
By FG2_Andrew
#292071 :thumb:
By 94hatchback
#292080 heres a little bit better of a pic of the exhaust piping with the resonator welded in

By 94hatchback
#301477 So i put in a brand new distributor and still have the famous b16 hesitation.. What to do now!?