Post YOUR Hatchback here
By egbeegee
#281443 Well time to start my own little build thread......
To start off my names cory and I have owned and worked on quite a few hondas in my day. First one I ever had I was 17 and it was an ek sedan and that's when I was bit by the tuning bug! Lol. Anyway had that for awile and sold it, then I went threw this vw phase.....yeah I know! Haha! After I figured out that vw's were a pain in my a** I sold the jetta and gti I had to get another honda! It was a 92 eg hatch pretty much like the one I have now. Anyway I had to move and I wouldn't have a place to store it and work on it cuz at that time I had another dd so I had to sell it :thumbdown: . So now a couple years later I found a 95 hatch and iv owned it now for a month!

That basicly how I bought it!
It has a spoon carbon duckbill
16inch tsw
Dropped on some no name coils
Kyb shocks
Lots of dents! Lol
And a fiberglass hood that has seen better days!
Denji projetor headlights
As for the inside, its acualy really clean!
Is all stock mostly
Cd player and some speakers is all that was added
I also put in keyless entry and a alarm
That's the only pic I have of the iside right now but ill take more soon! Check eng lite! Yeah!
Under the hood is a simple basicly stock d16z6 she's gettin kinda tired and makin some noise though.
I just put a new o2 sencer in and a new valve cover gasket!

Furure plans:
New fenders
Get the dents out
New driver door
Carbon hood and trunk
New suspention
Fresh paint
Eather a motor rebuild or swap

Anyway, ill definatly add more as I go. It will be a kinda slow build but ill get there! Lol
Hope you guys like it and thanks for checking it out!
Last edited by egbeegee on Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By egbeegee
#281449 Yeah it was an auto but the owner befor me had converted it to manuel. I need to get a new cluster and a manuel ecu to get rid of my cel.
By 1ACarlos
#281459 Nice hatch
By 95cpeEX
#281489 where in washington are you located?
By 95cpeEX
#281494 where in washington are you located?
By egbeegee
#281531 Tricities area eastern washington
By egbeegee
#281744 Thanks guys! Gunna have a few updates here soon!
By egbeegee
#282225 Well a litte update, I replaced my pcv valve and replaced my oil pan gasket no more leaks! Only thing that sucks is I checked my front wheel bearings and my driverside is effed! And the passanger side is on its way out too! So next on the list is wheel bearings....
By egbeegee
#282498 Got my new wheel bearing today! Gunna put it on after work!
if I have time I'm gunna do a little diy write up on it. Cuz I didn't see one in the diy section.
By egbeegee
#282539 Thanks man its getting there, feels like I'm doing a lot of upkeap instead of what I really wanna do lol!
By roy93
#282559 like the hatch yo! :thumb:
By egbeegee
#283338 Ok, so I finaly got my wheel bearing done! Woohoo! So I'm gunna do a little diy write up for everyone.
I kinda forgot to take more pics half way through lol! But here it goes.

Tools list:
19mm socket
3/4 ratchet (air tools if you have them)
10mm socket
I can't remember the socket size for the axel nut but you need one of thoughs lol
14mm socket
If you have access to a 12000 pound press then you can use that or they make a bearing puller that uses an impact gun aswell. I work at a shop so I had access to the press.

Step 1 get the front end off the ground. I used a lift but you can use simple jack and jack stands just aswell.

Step 2 take the front wheel off of whatever side you will be working on and put it aside.

Step 3 remove the 2 or 3 10mm bolts holding on the break line, I also took the 2 17mm bolts holding the compleate cliper and bracket all in one. This seems to be the easyist way. Then I hung the caliper up so it doesent hang by the break line.

Step 4 remove all the coter pins on the ball joint nuts and remove the nuts, then remove the cotter pin and nut for the steering arm. Note: use new cotter pins when putting all the ball joints back together!

Step 5 now your ready to take the whole hub and gearing assembly off and take it too the press! Here's how it should look

Step 6 now your at the press first you wan to press the hub out to access the circlip on the front of the bearing. Remove that clip with snap ring pliers. Note: whatever side you take the circlip off is how the bearing will exit when being pressed. So press the rest of the old bearing out and wa laaa! Lol

Step 7 now the bearing is out but you still have the inner race stuck to the hub so you can do a couple things to get it off. I used a cutting wheel and made a diagonal cut in it and split it and it came right off. You can also use a air hammer and heat! Just be sure eather way you do it don't mark up the part of the hub that presses into the new bearing! Here's an action shot lol!

Step 8 first press the new bearing in make sure it is straite and lined up and goes in smooth. Once its all pressed in put the circlip back in.

Step 9 now you wanna press the hub into the middle of the bearing once again make
sure everything is lined up and going in smooth!

Then you pretty much done just put everything back together and I also replaced the axel wile I was there cus it was shot. Also you may wanna do an alignment! That's pretty much it its really pretty simple!