Post YOUR Hatchback here
By 1ACarlos
#296380 Looks good
By EG Love
#296603 Thanks! :D Yeah I'm excited to get to know all the locals :)

I got work done to the car Sunday/Monday, I'm in the process of taking the engine out and cleaning everything.. Got off the front bumper inner fenders, some wires and hoses, radiator, power steering resevoir and pump, windshield washer fluid stuff, intake, exhaust manifold.. etc.. I want to take off the D-side fender but I think I need to open the door all the way to access one of the lower fender bolts, and my shed isn't big enough I'll post up pics later, I'm at school atm so gtg
By EG Love
#296743 Just some pics of some progress.. might be a little overboard but oh well..

bumper off, intake, rad, power steering..

header/manifold off, headlights, washier fluid.. etc

cleaning the splash shield thing.. soo much cleaning to do

how it looks as of now..
By couch_c
#297985 Did you bondo your side moldings?
By EG Love
#297989 I thought of that the other day actually. No, they came like that when I bought the car. The quarters had all new panels welded in, so I'm assuming they either welded or bondo'd them then. I'm glad, I can just run without a molding :)
By EG Love
#298128 I think I finally found the correct bolts to bolt the LS to my engine stand. If I have time, I'll put it on this weekend and start cleaning it.. bitch pin and one axle remain until the old d series drops out, its gonna be close getting it to slide under.

had a good break from school, my cousin took his CRX out for a couple days

I never noticed the difference in the 6th gen 1999 facelift til was parked beside my buddys car

my cousin working on getting years of bondo off his tegs quarters
By couch_c
EG Love wrote:I thought of that the other day actually. No, they came like that when I bought the car. The quarters had all new panels welded in, so I'm assuming they either welded or bondo'd them then. I'm glad, I can just run without a molding :)

I wanted to do that too but a lot of people suggest not bondoing bc it's weaker and to use metal panels, I don't want to weld panels so I'm probably going to get the jdm moldings since they're a lot thinner, hopefully it comes out right haha
By EG Love
#298191 Yeah, I bondo'd my 2 Hood holes where the emblem pops into place. A year or so later they were really visible, and could be just picked out with my fingernail.. my cousin did his teg molding holes with fiberglass Bondo and its held up well even through winters, although he's welding his trunk ones to he safe
By SkunkDcivic
#298204 painting your engine wont make the heat stay in idk who told you that