Post YOUR Hatchback here
By EG Love
#280488 So this is my first official build thread :) I'll be posting my slow progress on here.

I picked up an LS engine last year, 140k kms, only $300 including a few b-series parts. Over-paid for a broken LS trans, but got it completely re-built. Picked up an Si front lip, and still have my 5 spoke rims from 2 EG's ago..

Made up a list of things that are done to the car, just to make myself feel cool. :lol:

B18b1 - 150k kms
Rebuilt ls trans
2000 OEM GSR clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel
Short ram intake w/ ractive filter
DC Sports 4-2-1 one piece header
Yonaka 2.36" (60mm) cat-back exhaust
Yonaka 2.25" high flow cat
Stage 1 Performance GSR Axles
Yonaka Coilovers 4"front/3.5"rear
Power steering delete (loop w/ reservoir)
Washer fluid delete
Three five lower ball joints
ES shift stabilizer bushings
ES sway bay end link bushings
ES rear lca bushings
ES rear lower strut mount bushings
15x7 ASA IS1 alloy wheels ET+45
195/50r15 tires
Shaved emblems
Shaved side molding holes
OEM rear speaker install
Black OEM EG armrest
Sound deafening tar removal

This is how she looked on the for sale ad, and after I brought her home from Halifax..

ad pics

got it home

even has the original chain attached to the rad cap.. I think its original.. :wink:

cleaned it up a bit..

painted my old VC, and put it on

cleaning up the LS, was thinking of painting the block and head but I heard it can hold in heat.

I'm going to clean the engine bay spotless over the winter while the Z6 is out, and hopefully fix my leaking power steering rack.. I want to paint it asap, can't decide on a colour.. can't afford it yet either. I don't mind the flat black for now though, some people really like it.

Before I get into painting, I'm pretty sure I'd rather put money towards a good set of coilovers.. funds may (and probably will) only allow me to slam the car next summer and keep the paint the way it is for a while.. I'd rather have it slammed down then painted.. 8)
Last edited by EG Love on Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:31 am, edited 10 times in total.
By EG Love
#280494 thanks man, yeah that was what I was looking for when I bought the car, good shape. The quarters (and rockers I believe) were completely re-done 2 years ago, and its been stored for the last 2 winters since then.. Would rather have original metal of course, but the guy did a pretty good job. the driver side curve is perfect, but the passenger is a little bit off. Apparently 2 owners ago, the owner couldn't afford anything but the black primer, since the body work cost him so much.. lol.. Hard to find a good shape older honda around here. It's actually leaking a bit, I think its coming from where the sunroof drain tubes drop out the bottom. I've got the interior out tracing it.. slapped on some rear mudflaps to slow down the leak..
By dbrooks
#280499 Nice pick up!

I do agree that the body does appear to be in great shape. I'm excited to see it with the LS in it. I had a buddy who had a LS sedan and it was pretty quick. Good luck!
By EG Love
#280500 Thanks man, I'm excited about it too :P Yeah I've never driven anything faster than my stock Si haha it should be fun :) Forgot to mention I've got a used DC sports 4-2-1 header one piece, and a used gsr flywheel.. looking to get a half-decent cat-back at least 2.25" to let it flow.. :D
By bigJOE671
EG Love wrote:Thanks man, I'm excited about it too :P Yeah I've never driven anything faster than my stock Si haha it should be fun :) Forgot to mention I've got a used DC sports 4-2-1 header one piece, and a used gsr flywheel.. looking to get a half-decent cat-back at least 2.25" to let it flow.. :D

It looks like the body on the hatch appears to be in good condition :thumb:

If you want to go fast quick hop on a 1000cc motorcycle...there's Nothing like hanging with 800+whp cars 8) Click on my GSXR link and watch the acceleration part
By EG Love
#280507 yeah that is right fast lol :thumb: too bad i don't have a 1000+ bike! hahah
By bigJOE671
EG Love wrote:yeah that is right fast lol :thumb: too bad i don't have a 1000+ bike! hahah

Thanks 8)

This bike is why i'm not in a rush to make my car fast. I could've kept going but decided that was enough for the night :) You could have a decent bike for around $6000 depending on what you get. But motorcycles is not for everyone. Plus they kinda get expensive

Anyways keep your updates coming dude.
By dbrooks
EG Love wrote:Thanks man, I'm excited about it too :P Yeah I've never driven anything faster than my stock Si haha it should be fun :) Forgot to mention I've got a used DC sports 4-2-1 header one piece, and a used gsr flywheel.. looking to get a half-decent cat-back at least 2.25" to let it flow.. :D

If you're looking for a good price on a cat back, go to a muffler shop and have them make you one. I had one made for $75, then I welded on a Vibrant muffler and it was good as gold! :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
dbrooks wrote:

If you're looking for a good price on a cat back, go to a muffler shop and have them make you one. I had one made for $75, then I welded on a Vibrant muffler and it was good as gold! :thumb:

hell yeah a buddy of mine had a local shop bend up a full header-back out of stainless for $200.

call around u might get lucky with a good shop and good prices
By EG Love
#280555 dbrooks and TrailerTrash, thanks for the idea :P I'll call around and see if I can get any decent estimates. I didn't think that would be a cheaper option but I'll definately look into it! :)

bigJOE, yeah bikes are cool, I considered one for travelling to school and stuff. but I'm just too far into the honda bug now, lol
By Punksz6
#280829 :thumb:
By EG Love
#281374 soo, I'm looking into buying the mounts for my swap. Are there 5 mounts total? I have the driver side upper mount already, what else do I need? One for the lower-drivers side, one for the passenger side transmission. And one in behind?
By EG Love
#281391 I think I've got the mount situation under control, picking up the remaining ones for $100 tomorrow used from a local respected honda builder :P

I've got a couple more pics I could post but nothing different done to the car yet, been busy changing the headgasket on my toyota truck, so I can put this baby away for the winter..