Post YOUR Hatchback here
By dbrooks
#277771 SICK car man! I'd like to see this in the flesh someday!! :thumb:
By Gustavo
#277774 Nice!!! :thumb: I was always wondering if u could b turbo n still keep ur fog lights along with the grill. I knew u could keep the grill but not the fog lights. This makes me wanna go turbo now. :thumb:
By Ahkten
#277870 Very very nice man! How did you get your rear speakers installed? did they already come like that when you got the car or did you do it yourself? 8)
By Gordongk
Ahkten wrote:Very very nice man! How did you get your rear speakers installed? did they already come like that when you got the car or did you do it yourself? 8)

I don't do anything electrical. The whole sounds system and all the wiring was done by a professional. Some broken speakers sat in that spot, and I had them replaced. I bought the car with the custom interior.

The car looks similar to when I bought it, but the powertrain is totally different.
By Gustavo
Gordongk wrote:
Gustavo wrote:This makes me wanna go turbo now. :thumb:

It's really a huge pain in the ass.

Y u say that?
By Ahkten
Gordongk wrote:
Ahkten wrote:Very very nice man! How did you get your rear speakers installed? did they already come like that when you got the car or did you do it yourself? 8)

I don't do anything electrical. The whole sounds system and all the wiring was done by a professional. Some broken speakers sat in that spot, and I had them replaced. I bought the car with the custom interior.

The car looks similar to when I bought it, but the powertrain is totally different.

Oh i see. Nice set-up regardless. I'm trying to find someone who has installed speakers in a DX or CX without using the SI rear inserts
By Gordongk
Gustavo wrote:
Gordongk wrote:

Y u say that?

Just due to the extra wear it puts on the engine. It takes so much money to get all the parts together (engine internals, cooling system, etc). And once you get into those high horsepower numbers you start breaking other things on the car (axles, synchros, etc).
By Gustavo
Gordongk wrote:
Gustavo wrote:
Gordongk wrote:

Y u say that?

Just due to the extra wear it puts on the engine. It takes so much money to get all the parts together (engine internals, cooling system, etc). And once you get into those high horsepower numbers you start breaking other things on the car (axles, synchros, etc).

:thumbdown:
By 1ACarlos
#278194 Awesome hatch. Hopefully you can get it to 400 and let us know.
By Gordongk
#283760 Well I dropped the ball. Last week I went and got my dyno tune at Speedfactory. It didn't go well to say the least. I had the wrong spark plugs in (need colder ones for turbo. whoops), the TPS was torqued down incorrectly (I didn't even know sensors had torque specs), and was a bit too high on oil level (didn't change it on a level surface. No biggie, right?) Just getting these minor inconveniences fixed definitely put more of a dent into the total price ($550). After all those mistakes were caught I definitely felt like an incompetent mechanic in the presence of these top notch tuners. He said that I wasn't even that bad, and it takes an hour or two on average before cars usually touch the dyno.

So my car is finally loaded onto the DynaPack, which I noticed was made in New Zealand (odd). After taking a couple pulls and tuning the partial throttle AFRs, I was told that the camshafts were too big for this set-up. The car wasn't creating enough back pressure for the big camshafts, and resulted in the horsepower dropping from its original 325 to a measly 280. Vtec is now set at 7k. It ran a lot better than before, but it still isn't right.

So now I have to replace my Bisimoto 2.4 cams (for sale afterwards), and replace them with GSR cams. I am going to have the pros at Speedfactory do it sometime after the holidays, because I don't want it messed up by myself. Really been kicking myself in the ass over my tune day. Today I have to replace the alternator on my 81 Subaru wagon, so successfully completing that easy job will be a nice little confidence booster at least.

tl;dr cams too big, lost 45hp :thumbdown:
By Fada Blayne
#283947 damn dawg, sorry to hear that but hey look at it this way, its all a learning process :thumb:
By Fada Blayne
#283950 what are u using for engine management?