Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Gold DA9
#275367 Guess I can make a ride thread.

I picked this in October of 2009 with the following below.
Details of my Hatch:
Exterior:
94 CX hatch was Milano Red and the PO had it painted yellow
Wings West Like Body Kit
JSP Carbon Fiber Hood
Vision Caron Fiber Mirrors
Duckbill Wing
Mid-Wing
Si Wheels

Interior:
Almost all Black interior
GSR front and rear leather seats
Power Window and Lock Conversion
Skunk2 Shift Knob

Suspension:
Koni Yellows w/ Skunk2 Coil sleeves
Skunk2 Front Camber Kit
Skunk2 Rear Lower Control Arm

Drivetrain:
JDM GSR Swap
DC Header
JRSC currently at 6psi
Custom Exhaust w/ Skunk2 Muffler

Now for a ton of pics. The car will be a long work in progress.

Exterior:
A snow pic from the first storm.

Interior

Engine Bay:

And this is how I bought the car.
By Gold DA9
#275368 Snow storm of 2009 didnt own me daily driving the car... my damn driveway did. I had some problems getting into my driveway and slid backwards out of it straight. As the end result this happened.

So one morning after coming home from work, I started to remove the body kit and install all oem bumpers and fenders. Shitty cell phone pics..

with the front end done.
And with the sideskirts off and oem rear bumper on.

Just got sideskirts on the car last week, but havent taken any pics. They are modded EK Sedan skirts.
By Gold DA9
#275369 here are a couple pics of the axle i broke the second time i took the car to the track.

Two weeks later 4-18-2010 had arps, head gasket, exhaust manifold gasket, all new belts(timing, crank to alt, alt to sc), B20 crank pulley, oil pump seal installed. Week later had to replace the intake manifold gasket. Had a friend help me do the gasket which is a pain in the ass with JRSC setups. Then traded my rear GSR leather seats for his brothers complete black cloth eg interior.

5-5-2010
I keep working on my car and not taking pics... or taking pics and not uploading.

Well here are some from the other day. I shredded the cp to alt belt and the car sat for half of last week. Problems that made this happen.
1. Upper Alternator bolt disappearing
2. Alternator moving
3. Alignment of pulleys thrown off
4. Belt shredded and blew off.

After I fixed all that and got the belt that was supposed to be the right size. Tighten everything up. Let the car running for a little. Shut it down and retightened the belts. The I proceed to do 2 1st-3rd pulls and return home to check on the belts. Sure enough the moved and the lower was almost off. Found out that the lower bolt in the alternator almost backed out completely.

After that I went and got a belt that was a half in smaller. Then I got down to doing some more research and because i didnt want to keep missing something. I found that people have to add washers to the upper alternator bracket. So after counting the number of washers that were displayed in RMCdaniels post I added one more since my one washer looked smaller. Bam looked like everything lined up.

So let the car run for 5 minutes to break in the belt and then re-tightened it. Im running a 40325 belt now. The 40330 had too much slack. So time to test it out. Let the car warm up and then i did the same thing last time. Two 1st-3rd pulls and returned home. Checked the belts and everything was good. Wish i knew about the washers before. Here are some pics of the washers.
By Gold DA9
#275370 5-10-2010

Today got bored. didnt like the camo i did on the DS. Redone in straight Khaki. Hope to do the rest throughout the week/weekend. Roof and duckbill will be black. hatch,midwing, and rest of the body khaki. Except front bumper, CF hood and mirrors, and side skirts.

By Gold DA9
#275371 5-17-2010

Car was finished spray bombing it. Took some pics.

By Gold DA9
#275373 7-10-2010
Started gathering turbo parts.

10-10-2010
im a lazy ****.. and i want a alternator bracket thats in better condition then the one i have. So SC is still on, im replacing a axle tomorrow that sounds like clicking/knocking when im driving. Went to the track on Friday, beat on the car more.... Friends are surprised its still together and im only ****ing up axles... 3rd gear grinds above ~4-4.3k.. And wheel hopping like a mother ****er then shifting into 2nd.

New Best was 13.89 here is a breakdown of the slip
60' 2.349
330 6.033
1/8 9.111
mph 83.29
1000 11.698
1/4 13.890
mph 103.20

One of the other runs i did was 13.904

60' 2.290
330 6.026
1/8 9.094
mph 83.41
1000 11.688
1/4 13.904
mph 100.40

Each time i ran i was letting off the gas in second completely and then stomping it again.And not putting 3rd in till ti drops between 4-4.3k. I have destroyed lots of axles because of wheel hop and i will be replacing one tomorrow. It was not sounding good while i was driving home from the track.

10-25-2010
JRSC was removed from the car and replaced with a Skunk2 1st gen GSR Intake Manifold.

12-28-2010
Got the following for my fuel system:
AEM Fuel Rail(Black), FIC 900s, Fuelab Mini FPR, Black Prolite hoses. Black AN fittings.
By Gold DA9
#275374 1-4-2011

Got all my fuel system together so all my fuel concerns are now over.

2-5-2011

Got most of the intercooler piping fabbed up with help from my friend/tuner/welder.

By Gold DA9
#275376 2-17-2011

Picked up my flywheel yesterday before work... i need to stop stocking up on parts and start installing them. and there are parts that arent pictured... like intercooler, piping, downpipe..

LS trans, clutch/pp, flywheel, and some ARP stuff installed this weekend. And maybe the fuel stuff. Got to find the link i saved for the bosch 044 install... LOL

Oh.. the priority mail box is all my fuel components... except for the fuel rail. Thats in the other little white box next to it.

2-28-2011

so didnt do much this weekend to earlier tonight.

ARP flywheel bolts and resurfaced flywheel installed.

Competition Stage 4 Clutch and ARP pressure plates installed

Then LS trans on and GSR trans out... I now have reverse!!!!!!!!!!!
Also this is the junk that came out.

6-7-2011

Turbo still isn't on but hope to change that this weekend. I bought a ebay turbo, sold it and bought a used SC61, found out the SC61 was garbage, now have a new SC6262SP with .82 AR vband. Ordered a atp flange that allows for a 3" pipe to be slip on(should be here thursday).

Other things installed: dual core aluminum rad, slim fan, bosch 044. All intercooler piping is 2.5" also wastegate is at around 11-12psi so should be fun once everything goes on. Still debating raising the boost since its my DD, stock jdm b18c... so 10.6:1 compression w/ arphead studs. E85 all day and I know I won't be running out of fuel.

6-8-2011
Here's some pics

EBAY Rad and slim fan

044 installed I had the hoses backwards but they are fixed.

Precision SC6262SP .82ar with vband out

Comparison between SC6152E .63ar vs. SC6262SP .82ar

Pfab log, turbonetics 38mm wastegate, SC6262
By familyEGuy23
#275377 nice hatch keep up the good work :thumb: maybe one day ill put a turbo on my single cam but im staying all natural for now :) props on your hatchy
By Gold DA9
#275378 6-13-2011

Some wack ass updates

Some pics/updates

Wastegate needed moved.

Some clearance issues...

Fits now

Shorty Straight Downpipe(angle made for a gap which needed filled) couple pics

Shorty downpipe on and its a tight fit

What my friend thinks..he has a AFI top mounted sohc. The joke of the day was the placement of the turbo.

6-17-2011
Turbo kit is on and downpipe was made. Left short after without a tune and drove to NC for the RHMT East Coast meet. Still was running my JRSC E85 map and 550s.

Finished
By Gold DA9
#275380 6-21-2011
Got the car tuned by my friend on his dyno.

Final numbers from wastegate pressure.  314whp 212wtq @ 8.5psi The intercooler with its 2.25" inlets are killing me.
[IMG]http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/qq152/Gold_DA9/IMAG0446.jpg[/img

7-3-2011
I'm a sucky driver...best time borrowing a friends slicks was 12.8 @ 114. The 60' was a 2.1.

First time ever running in slicks and only got three passes with them. My friend recorded that run on his phone and posted to youtube. Here is the link. I didn't do a good burnout out all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn4l7gWujkU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

7-17-2011
Installed new intercooler and went to get retuned. Drove the car to the dyno and on the lift. When I started the car to pull it on the dyno heard a tapping/knocking noise. Turned off car and we pulled the head to see if I bent a valve... Car bent a rod.
By Gold DA9
#275381 Here is the difference between intercoolers.

Pic of me pulling the block out. Can see the new intercooler installed

drained the oil and pulled the oil pan off to find some little pieces of metal. Go the block up on a engine stand by myself with flywheel and alternator still on it.
By Gold DA9
#275383 Car has been sitting like this now for almost 2 months. July wasnt a good month for me. Car bent the rod and then a week later got laid off.

I have picked up another GSR block that was recently bored to 81.5mm and never used, gsr crank, and also some used eagle rods. So slowly the car is being rebuilt while im unemployed. Also got some ACL gsr bearings.

In the next week or two hoping to have the headgasket, new water pump, and misc. seals.
By FG2_Andrew
#275401 i love seeing rice buckets turn into street demons :woot:
By Gold DA9
#275441 i call my car the tank because i drive it year round no matter what the weather. Might have over done it with all the pics on this first page.

thanks.