Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Rotary_EG4dr
#307880 wow. this is amazing! loving the amount of detail your putting into this. keep up the work! excited to see this finish out! :woot:
By jdmTK
#322304 well havent updated in A LONG time. so here it goes.

heres the new wheels with new nexen3000 tires. the wheels are 15x8 with +25 offset. Tires have a slight stretch they are 195/45/15s

turned key the day after i made my last post and all went as planned. Fired up and idled pretty well on the first turn!
heres a link to a video my brother made of the start up day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUGq7dOtYz8

and heres some pics of the first few times out on break in runs.

more of the update to come once i upload more pics!
By jdmTK
#322305 update continued.

just a pic of my buddies s2k and another friends si outside the local autozone lol

so after the first 50ish miles the car smoked less and less and then stopped because the rings were seating. Then around 300 miles it began to smoke again more under load so me and my friends began trying to diagnose the problem. At the time all of us had little experiece with turboed cars but we thought my issue was the pcv system so i purchased a BWR catch can kit from the local shop and they hooked me up. heres some pics

had my uncle weld up the A/N fittings to my valvecover

fully installed

the set up is made to be strapped down to the existing oem battery box but since i dont have that my unce also welded some brackets to the catch can and its now mounted to the firewall.

unfortunatly the problem continued and got worse and worse. the original compression test wasnt really much to worry about because all numbers were low because of the engine still being fairly new. but after it really started to smoke, even when crusing we did another test. Cyl 1,2,and 4 were all around 170-180... and cyl 3 showed a wopping 40psi. haha so off came the head and this is what we saw.

looked like just a melted piston until i pulled it all the way out...

melted a small hole and cracked ring lands.

After some research and talking to my engines teacher at school (im enrolled in general automotive techmology at WCTC) we determined it was detonation cause by a hot spot on cyl 3. basically a ticking time bomb. The car wasnt tuned yet and i was just driving on a basemap until it was broken in and had money for a tune.

luckily i had another piston laying around. So i ordered up a new set of je piston rings and pressed the newer piston onto the old rod because it was not damaged and it already had the arp hardware pressed in. Threw in a new beraring and dropped the piston back in.

car started right up again but i decided to let it sit until i had money for a tune. unfortunatly with the timing of school and other things i have not been able to do much with the car. I have purchased more parts and the motor is coming back out for all new gaskets and a new oil pan because its warped from the skid plate i had welded to it.

got these buddy club seats with rails and some knock off "mugen" harnesses

also picked up a mishimoto aluminum radiator

right now the interior is torn apart to have some wiring done because im super picky about wiring lol and im planning on getting some new carpet.

will proably be awhile till the next update but hopefully that gets everyone up to whats going on!
By jdmTK
HungRealLow21 wrote:
jdmTK wrote:
Rotary_EG4dr wrote:wow. this is amazing! loving the amount of detail your putting into this. keep up the work! excited to see this finish out! :woot:

thanks man!

any updates???

just updated sorry it took so long !
By Mr. Focus
#322311 WOW!!! Threads like this make me wish i earned more money

Very nice build mate
By jdmTK
Mr. Focus wrote:WOW!!! Threads like this make me wish i earned more money

Very nice build mate

thanks! I've had the car for 4 almost 5 years now so it's been a long project but more to come!
By Uknterror
#322361 Gooood stuff, just finished reading the whole thread. Thanks for the motivation!
By vov_chik63
#322783 Friend where you buy Bys replica? Who seller? Looks good.
By jdmTK
vov_chik63 wrote:Friend where you buy Bys replica? Who seller? Looks good.

got it from my buddy but he got it off of ebay i believe im not sure what seller but it was still 350 new i think cause he gave me a deal on it
By Punksz6
#324095 Nice :thumb:
By brandoff88
#324107 sucks about the piston man, but gotta say, no tune = no good, but we all live and learn, and next time i know that thing will be beastly, but good luck with it :thumb: