Post YOUR Hatchback here
By jdmTK
#351516 Picked up some wheels off a buddy.

Work RS Beta
3-piece
Front: 16x8 et +25
Rear: 16x8.5 et +31

they have 205/45/16 but they sort of need new tires and i think im going to be putting 195/45/16s on for fitment reasons.

heres some pics!

The centers are McLauren Cream with polished lips. Although phone pics dont really do them justice it looks awesome in person.

By vince72310
#351518 i really dig your eg, i just saw how it looked when you first got it and how it looks now :thumb: super awesome i can't wait till my eg looks great, i have along way to go i only had it for a year :lol: props bro
By jdmTK
vince72310 wrote:i really dig your eg, i just saw how it looked when you first got it and how it looks now :thumb: super awesome i can't wait till my eg looks great, i have along way to go i only had it for a year :lol: props bro

Thanks man! I've spent alotta time with this thing haha and im nowhere near where I want it to be yet haha
By TrailerTrash
#351521 lookin good man :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By jdmTK
Civic_HatchSI wrote:I spy rust :eh: haha

The wheels look really good, I like the color.

Don't remind me hahaha, wisconsin is a brutal place for cars lol. I have plans to get the rust fixed just all depends on cash and timing. Haha
By Civic_HatchSI
jdmTK wrote:

Don't remind me hahaha, wisconsin is a brutal place for cars lol. I have plans to get the rust fixed just all depends on cash and timing. Haha

They must use a lot of salt like here in New Brunswick :thumbdown:
By jdmTK
Civic_HatchSI wrote:
jdmTK wrote:

They must use a lot of salt like here in New Brunswick :thumbdown:

Yes, alot haha. The previous owner drove it over winter but since I have owned it it's never seen winter or salt. Which is 5 years now
By jdmTK
#354851 Well its been awhile since another update. So here we go again.

I ended up pulling my Works apart to re-seal them (one leaked) and i got some new spike hardware while i was at it.

also changed up the tire size from a 205/45/16 to some Yokohama S-Drive 195/40/16, fitment ended up much better.

also did some re wiring on the HID headlight harness with deatuch connectors.

I also re-did the wiring for my gauges, all with deatch connectors. I made a common power/ground distribution block along with putting a plug in the same area for the wire that goes to the oil pressure sensor for my gauge.

The pillar gauges also got re-wired with a deautch connector before everything goes into the dash.

Picked up this Rydeen DVA6 double din android powered headunit so i could use my S-Dash app and not have to keep hooking my phone up to my ecu.

Along with re-doing my entire gauge wiring and general set up i installed some new black carpeting, here is the final result of the finished interior for now...

OH AND i forgot to mention i snagged up a black double din JDM center council BRAND NEW, IN ALL ORIGINAL PACKAGING AND HAD THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS WITH AN ISSUE DATE OF SEPTEMBER 1994! :)

i am extremely happy with how everything turned out!

the garage was packed this past winter as you can see.

did some dress up things to the bay this year,
new chrome dipped bolts on various spots of the engine.
added a Downstar clutch line as well as bay dress up hardware.
Matched the valve cover and charge piping to my wheels.
painted the block, head and intake manifold to get that cleaner look!

The final product for this year.

Now the next thing was one of my larger projects/plans for 2015.

I had access to a nissan s15 Dmaxx hood, soooo i cut it up for the vent.

Below is the final product, the hood vent is functional as i did cut quite a large hole in my hood.

I was super hyped that my plan worked and on how it turned out!

I had the car back on the rad about 3 weeks before Automotion weekend, which is a huge show weekend here in Wisconsin.

On the way to the Wisconsin Dells where the weekend festivities were taking place the car started making an extremely loud ticking noise from the head, after some roadside diagnostics it seemed to be something internal so my roommates dad came to the rescue and trailed the car back home.

After getting back home the following week and digging a bit deeper it appeared that my lost motion assemblies had taken a shit, so i called up King Motorsports and was able to pick up the upgraded Skunk2 LMA's and i got them installed the next day.

Everything else that was visible while I had the head taken apart seemed to be in one piece.

I got the head all back together and started up the car.. the same exact noise occurred and nothing had changed. Im starting to think one of the inner intake valve springs may be cracked or broken, which is quite a shot in the dark but the car is going to be down for awhile while i take care of some more adult things in the mean time.

I do plan to get this thing figured out once the time is right.