Post YOUR Hatchback here
By JDM_Lenny
Civic_HatchSI wrote:wow love the color choice sooo prettttyyy :thumb:
Thanks man! :thumb:

Sorry for lack of updates at the moment guys, Build will be back under way as soon as possible..

Watch this space.
By oil4blood26
#275311 OMG! that is a beautiful shade of purple! :thumb: :thumb:

Can't wait to see it in the daylight as well. just so happens to be one of my favorite colors as well so major props on your color choice!

Good luck on the engine. Is there a certain goal you are shooting for as of power?
By JDM_Lenny
oil4blood26 wrote:OMG! that is a beautiful shade of purple! :thumb: :thumb:

Can't wait to see it in the daylight as well. just so happens to be one of my favorite colors as well so major props on your color choice!

Good luck on the engine. Is there a certain goal you are shooting for as of power?
Glad you like the color, im really pleased with how it come out, it looks awesome when the light hits it.

Well the engine is staying as a complete B16 just doing a full rebuild with performance parts, going for an all motor build, I would be happy if she was running in the 190's when finished as its not all about power for me but anything above that would be a bonus, i want the car looking super clean again aswell.

If money was to turn into an issue i would rather spend it on getting the shell as good as new, replacing bushes, and bolt on parts etc, Id rather the car lasted longer and was less powerful, because you can always add power parts on :) But fingers crossed that wont happen and ill end up with a good all round car
By dbrooks
#275343 That bay is so sick!
By JDM_Lenny
#303242 Hello once again guys, So sorry i haven't updated this thread since end of last year, Things have been pretty tough lately and the build had to take a back seat for a while.. HOWEVER!

It is now time to continue with the build and there are some exciting updates to come soon.. I put an order into honda a little over a month ago and am waiting on some parts to arrive..

More pictures and progress to post up! Check back soon. Hope everyone is well and hasn't totally forgot about my poor lil' UK EG :P
By JDM_Lenny
#303245 So the last time i updated i had just finished the engine bay.. Since then the car has now been moved to my garage so i can start tackling that thing we all hate.. ''Rust'' And obviously its the back arches where the issue lays, So armed with nothing more than a permanent marker pen and a grinder i started cutting around the arch to see what it was like behind the panel.

I was quite pleased with the right hand side as i was expecting it to be a lot worse than it was, The left was a little worse but again not like i expected :)

I also stripped my sub frame down last week and sent it away to get sand blasted and powder coated...

As always, thanks for reading and all comments weather good or bad are welcome, Everyone has an opinion :)
By dbrooks
#303248 Nice update :thumb:
By DREAMSPORTS
#303252 Nothing left of it! Haha, nice work as usual :)
By JDM_Lenny
#310220 Well its been FAR to long since ive gave you guys and hopefully girls an update on my project so here we go. Progress was slow until about a month ago when i received a little delivery from Honda...

The packaging in itself was a work of art :woot:

Anyone guess whats inside :) ...

Two full rear quarters yaay, Goodbye rust hello expensive welding bills!

So the car is hopefully going to a custom fabrication/restoration shop on monday so i had to make some final preps to the car today to make the job of getting the new quarters fitted as easy and as cheap as possible!

Got the windows removed, and stripped out most of remaining interior.. Couple of more things to do but she is pretty much ready to go! :D

The garage doors close for yet another day...

Watch this space, More updates to come!
By fago88
#310410 nice work so far :thumb:
but the color is....getting used to
By JDM_Lenny
fago88 wrote:nice work so far :thumb:
but the color is....getting used to

Thanks :) were you meant to say the color is getting used to much? Mine has been orange for years now :) was one of few in the UK when first done. She will be staying orange once painted again too :)
By fago88
#310430 Hi, I'm from germany and english is not my main language ^^ so may be my scentence was wrong.

I wanted to say that the color is not everyone's taste ^^