Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Punksz6
JDM_Lenny wrote:
Punksz6 wrote:BYS 4tw!! Nice :thumb:
They are awesome. Ive been after one for about 4 year now. Tried buying one from a store but they couldnt get hold of one so bought this one off my friend who id been bugging to sell for ages lol

Nice I know the feeling. I was like that with my jdm roof visor looking for about about the same as you I lost eBay auctions by secs then being beat by other buyers on Honda tech..So its feels really good when u finally get it!!! Now I'm trying to get my all time favorite rims if things pan out!! At least your friend knows its in good hands! :thumb:
By JDM_Lenny
#321078 Lack of updates lately has been due to how much i have been working, Ive progressed with car but not had time to update my build threads till now, i can only apologize but things should be smooth from now.

Last week i started work on filling over the welds on the quarters, Plus cleaning down my front arch (Working on one side of the car at a time don't want to get ahead of myself)

First off i sanded down the primer which i had put on when car come back from the body shop, Just so it wasnt bare metal, Then i applied my favorite thing in the world (NOT) Body filler lol.

As i couldn't sand it down straight away i worked on my front wheel arch, Removing the surface rust that was there with a wire wheel and then coated it with some trade spray to stop the surface rust coming back.

Im going to underseal them, And put a coat of black over the top once i have both wheel arches all cleaned down and rust free.
By JDM_Lenny
#321079 So i planned on doing the engine work next but i am waiting a reply on some parts i want so i thought i would take the spare time and put it to good use by getting some parts stripped down and sent off for powdercoat.

So first job was to strip the front hubs down, I removed the backing plates and the bottom balljoint first off.

I thought this was going to be a nightmare to remove but with a wire brush to break away the surface rust and a good size hammer they came out no bother.

I then removed the ring which sits in front of the bearing and left the hubs soaking in WD40, I will remove the bearing before powdercoat at my friends garage.

The front backing plates were a little tatty around the edges in some places so to ensure a good finish once they are coated i cleaned the rough edges up with a bench grinder

Now the fronts were out of the way i moved onto the trailing arms.

An impact driver is your best friend when it comes to these screws lol

Once the disc and hub were removed i went on to full strip the arms down.
Removing the backing plates and unwanted ABS lol

ABS is for girls i wont be needing these anymore!

Now the arms were pretty much stripped there was one last job i had been dreading, Taking the bushes out! After reading up on the web it didn't seem to bad of a job! And after a few LIGHT-ISH taps with the hammer they just come out!

Job was a good'un!

All in all i have some what of a selection to drop off tomorrow!

I have already had some parts done but never got round to putting pictures up, front ARB, Front control arms, battery tray, Subframe support bar, the two L brackets that sit behind the bumper and the two front engine torque mounting brackets.

Thanks for reading again guys, More updates soon!...
By crazy-88
#321134 very nice work u are doing! keep it up.
By Punksz6
#321197 X2!! Very Nice Work!!
By JDM_Lenny
crazy-88 wrote:very nice work u are doing! keep it up.

Thanks man! I've set out to try and do a nut and bolt resto job on this car and thats what i plan to do :P
By JDM_Lenny
Punksz6 wrote:X2!! Very Nice Work!!

Nice to see that you are still following the progress mate :)

Thanks again for your comments.
By JDM_Lenny
#321379 Well guys the progress with the car is coming along nicely now, Yesterday i got back most the parts which i put in for shotblast and powdercoat at the start of the week, Minus the Front hubs and 1 Trailing arm, Due to some snapped bolts needing to be removed, Should get them back mon-tues.

Here are the parts which ive got back so far, I stuck with the color scheme of my car with Black, Orange, Purple parts :)

I don't know if I've ever seen a build where someone has gone to the trouble of getting the heat shields done lol! No one my friends say i am picky lol.

I think that is the majority of the stuff i want powdercoated, But i am sure to find some other things which i need done lol.

Keep an eye on this guys, Theres some more parts on there way at the moment but ill keep you guys posted when they arrive :)