Post YOUR Hatchback here
By JDM_Lenny
#271800 Hello guys..

So i recently signed up to Civic EG, to which i got a nice warm welcome and i said i would get my build thread up when i could so here we go..

Lots and lots of pictures to come but i will upload them over a couple of days to give people a chance to look through properly rather than it just being one long trail of images...

Hope you's all like, and i look forward to reading any feedback weather it be good or bad :) ..

This is my second build on this car just a quick picture of how she turned out the first time.

And now onto the current build.. Enjoy!

Last edited by JDM_Lenny on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
By Gustavo
#271806 :thumb:
By chrono404
#271807 I love Orange EG's. While the b16 is out are you going to be painting the bay Orange as well?

I didn't notice you mentioning what your plans are. What are your plans for this build?
By JDM_Lenny
chrono404 wrote:I love Orange EG's. While the b16 is out are you going to be painting the bay Orange as well?

I didn't notice you mentioning what your plans are. What are your plans for this build?

My plans for the car.. Well ill give a quick run down for now, full engine rebuild going for an all motor build not totally sure on which parts yet but I have a rough idea, going to replace all the bushes on the car, have a full EG6 brake set up to go on, EG6 anti roll bars, and lots of other goodies which will crop up over the course of my build :)

As for the engine bay, those are the pictures which are coming next.. Yes it ia getting painted.. But not orange :P not giving the color away yet but it should be done by the end of this week!

Oh and of course.. There will be carbon bits getting added to car :P
By JDM_Lenny
Statutory Grape wrote:You want to trade cars. haha The car is sick man i love the color and that its a right hand drive.

Thanks dude :P but sorry she is staying right here with me :P but.i have to ask why do you's go crazy for RHD ones over there?
By Gustavo
JDM_Lenny wrote:
chrono404 wrote:I love Orange EG's. While the b16 is out are you going to be painting the bay Orange as well?

My plans for the car.. Well ill give a quick run down for now, full engine rebuild going for an all motor build not totally sure on which parts yet but I have a rough idea, going to replace all the bushes on the car, have a full EG6 brake set up to go on, EG6 anti roll bars, and lots of other goodies which will crop up over the course of my build :)

As for the engine bay, those are the pictures which are coming next.. Yes it ia getting painted.. But not orange :P not giving the color away yet but it should be done by the end of this week!

Oh and of course.. There will be carbon bits getting added to car :P

Looking forward to the pics. :thumb:
By Gustavo
JDM_Lenny wrote:
Statutory Grape wrote:You want to trade cars. haha The car is sick man i love the color and that its a right hand drive.

Thanks dude :P but sorry she is staying right here with me :P but.i have to ask why do you's go crazy for RHD ones over there?

U barely see Rhd cars over here.
By JDM_Lenny
Statutory Grape wrote:There is 2 RHD civics in Oklahoma that i know of. I just think it different.

wow that rare.. Although I have heard its quite hard to get a RHD car registered over there? Dont know how reliable that information was so excuse me if im wrong.
By Gustavo
JDM_Lenny wrote:
Statutory Grape wrote:There is 2 RHD civics in Oklahoma that i know of. I just think it different.

wow that rare.. Although I have heard its quite hard to get a RHD car registered over there? Dont know how reliable that information was so excuse me if im wrong.

Not really sure on that. Is there a few Lhd cars over there?
By JDM_Lenny
Gustavo wrote:
JDM_Lenny wrote:

You normally see quite a few LHD cars in the UK if you look out for them, but they are mainly old german cars like porsche and VW, personally ive never seen a LHD EG here, but im sure there will be some around.
By Gustavo
JDM_Lenny wrote:
Gustavo wrote:
JDM_Lenny wrote:

You normally see quite a few LHD cars in the UK if you look out for them, but they are mainly old german cars like porsche and VW, personally ive never seen a LHD EG here, but im sure there will be some around.

Well now is the time 2 own 1. We'll trade. :lol:
By Punksz6
#271980 Nice Pics and can't wait to read and see more of this build! :thumb:
By JDM_Lenny
#272053 Thanks Punksz6 :thumb:

Right guys update on the build, as you saw in my last post it ended with the engine out but the bay was not yet stripped.. So over the course of a few days just taking my time i stripped all the bay down and started some preps for painting..

So the bay was now all stripped down but as you can see covered in many years of dirt and grease so me and a friend gave it a good cleaning.

I dont know if you guys get fairy washing up liquid over there lol but its just what you use to clean dishes with, Pots and Pans and stuff :P Worked a treat as you shall see..

Yay! Nice and clean :lol: :lol:

By the time we had it all clean it was dark so we packed up tools and stuff and got a good nights sleep!

More to come soon :woot: Watch this space..