Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Ahkten
#271240 Hey guys, I'm new to the site! I just bought my first civic today. I'm very excited! It has 240K, and i bought DIRT cheap. The clear coat on the roof is starting to peel, but as for wheel-well rust, there's little to none! Anyways, im excited to take all of you along on my journey to turn this car into a the beautiful black beauty i'm hoping it will be!

Just a little back story on how I ended up getting the vehicle, I started looking at cars back in March. Civics, Integras, even a few 323s, ANYTHING. I was SO desperate to get a car, I didn't really care what it was, just as long as it wasn't American made. I searched and searched, Civic's were always my number one choice. Especially the EGs. My dad currently drives a Red DX coupe. So naturally, I wanted a car like his! Not only that, but I drive his car just as much as he does, so jealousy was starting to set in 8)

Here's his build thread, you'll see why I became so jealous! I couldn't help it! :? http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=21420

Anyways, from March to the beginning of August I was forever searching Craigslist daily for a car. I kept on dipping into my savings fund because I was getting so impatient with not having the car in my possesion, that I was starting to give up. Finally the week before school started, and the flood gates opened. Civics went up for sale like crazy! Mine being one of them, I had seen a few DX's, CX's even SI's. None of them were in as good of shape as mine is, and of course, not as cheap to buy.

I saw quite a few under the $2000 range, which i was willing to do, i had saved enough. My big issue was making sure all the belts were changed and the paint was in bearable condition (change of heart from when I didn't even care what it looked like). Finally, luck was on my side, I stumbled upon my soon-to-be EG, And at a very lovely price, I wasn't going to let it slip away from me! I test drove it, my dad test drove it, it was all good. Engine sounded healthy, no squeeks or pops, it was all great. We kind of impulse bought it without taking to the Mechanic :lol: but all in all, I'm very confident that this car's gonna last me a LONG time.

and finally, here are some pics from DAY: 1

Lemme know what you guys think!

Thanks,
Nick[url][/url]
Last edited by Ahkten on Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 25 times in total.
By MrWoohoo
#271241 Looks good, what you planning to do to it?
By Ahkten
#271255 Eventually id like to swap the engine out, for what, im not too sure, since there are so many choices! Definatley get some new rims and tires, lower it. etc. Get the driver side fender fixed as it has a bit of a dent. My biggest job i'll be doing (so far) however is getting the timing belt and a full tune up done. Since the previous owners havent done the belts since 94K. Its a ticking time bomb!
By Punksz6
#271258 :thumb:
By Ahkten
#271368 Yeah, i'd love to slam it! I dont know what colour rims i should go with though, I could match black with just about anything, but i dont wanna side with Black and White. any suggestions?
By kamikaza
#271371 first, fix your mud flaps, they're mounted wrong :D
By Ahkten
#271380 Haha, i had no idea my flaps were mounted wrong. thanks for the heads up! And yeah, I was thinking gold or bronze myself as well, looks like ill have to do some window shopping :P
By Ahkten
#271404 Holy! that looks sooo sick. I could probably do something like that as a temporary measure. cant wait to see pics of your ride!
By TrailerTrash
oses21 wrote:nice find man i hope i can get pics of my dx coupe up tonite but heres an idea for ur wheels!!

Image :thumb:

better idea 3rd post down :thumb:
By HungRealLow21
#271416 aint it? i been contemplating this i think imma get to painting next week tho see how its turns out but temporay only till i can spare the cash to get some ls meeshies always loved the look they give on eg coupes
By Ahkten
#271525 So my car's going into our local Honda dealership for the belts and water pump. I'm crossing my fingers that it all goes well and that theres nothing MAJOR that needs to be done. From the previous owners told us, the car was very well taken care of, and not really used all that often. It was their second car, and the didn't ever need to use it! I'm assuming nothing else will be wrong! But who knows :?