Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Ahkten
davidomalley wrote:
Ahkten wrote:FINISHED PRODUCT!!!

Image[/URL]

So, what do you guys think??

-Nick

looks great.

how much did you spend on purchasing the wheels?

Thanks so much! In total? $140 CDN..haha I got the rims for $100 and the plastidip cost me $40 for 6 cans.
By Ahkten
#334724 So! It rained here in Vancouver for more than half of June...so basically I was cleaning my rims every three days rain or shine. It got old quick..so I've since then ripped off the dip.

Oh and I'm trading these rims for hopefully a set of Gold with polished face DR20s. If all goes well ill have pics tomorrow!

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Nick
By Ahkten
#334765 So I ended up getting the dr20s after all! Car looks slick as can be.

Yes yes needs moar low I know. But unfortunately I feel that my clutch is no longer wanting to put up with my shit anymore so I'm decided to save up and replace that first. Gotta prioritize!

Here's a photo of how the DR20s look. And yup, I no longer have my OEM EL rims.

By Punksz6
#334861 Nice, the Dr20s look good. :thumb:
By Ahkten
#337958 So! It's been a bit, thats for sure!!

Shortly after I got my new rims put on, my clutch went. After almost two years of owning the car, it got so bad that I was able to push the thing to the floor with my arm, using no strength at all!

I parked my car for 2 months and gathered all my pennies to get it fixed.

Finally as of October 19th, I was able to gather enough money to not only fix the clutch BUT FINALLY LOWER MY CAR TOO!

Pics will come tomorrow. I have to pass emissions before it's fully road legal, and I'm hoping I pass with flying colours. It's difficult to tell how the car will run, since it hasn't properly run since August 10th of this year. that was the last day I drove it!

Last edited by Ahkten on Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Ahkten
#338028 Here we go guys!!! The wait is finally over!

I apologize in advance for the sizing...and the use of Instagram..LOL

By Ahkten
#338029 Image

2 finger gap ya'll! and the springs and struts still gotta settle!

Also didn't notice that you guys could see my huge curb rash on my Drags..In all fairness they came with it..haha
Last edited by Ahkten on Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Ahkten
#338031 Here's one before and after photo that I did really quick too.

But that's it guys!

I finally got most of the stuff done to my car that I wanted since I bought it 2 years ago! It's gone through quite the change if you ask me! I still have some work to do, I need to repaint my roof again, but this time i'm actually painting it. The plastidip has worn very poorly.

And of course my engine swap..which i've decided to go with a D16Y8.

Lemme know what you think guys!
By Ahkten
SpikedInterest wrote:The changes look great, they really do.
I don't know if I missed it but if I didn't, make sure you fix that roof :lol:

What made you decide D series? Why not a B?

Yes, lol i know. it was a real shitty job. I just wanted a quick temp fix for last winter.

I decided to go D series because here in Vancouver, we're under construction 360/365 days the year..atleast over the last year its been like that. I'm sure a B is fun, but my dad has a Y8 and it's fun as hell. I don't really drive too fast either. I more like to cruise around. I think a Y8 is good enough for what i want. I wanna be quick, not too fast.