Post YOUR Hatchback here
By bigJOE671
#332025 Got my exhaust fixed and car safety inspected.

The car is too quiet for me now(its weird)...it feels like it doesn't pull as much as before now. But when VTEC engages I can definitely hear it from the muffler.

By bigJOE671
#333436 My AC wasn't as cold as it use to be on a very hot day. I took her in for some servicing.

They recovered my R-134a and found out it only had like 1 pound of it. My system requires like 20 some ounces. So it leaked slowly for over a year. We found out it was leaking from my shraeder valve (spelled right?).

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
By bigJOE671
#333758 Ordered something from Crutchfield. Now my music sounds cleaner and definitely can play louder. I have the front channels hooked up to my front speakers. The rear channels are bridged to my 12" sub. The head is powering the rear speakers. I'm just need to buy a 500 watt amp for my other sub. The sub I got in the car is rated a 200rms.

Decided to paint my front grill and it decided to rain in the middle of me painting it

Ordered stuff from JDMdecals.com and they also threw in a free wristband.

By kapow
#334299 Nice interior! Go Pros are awesome
By bigJOE671
kapow wrote:Nice interior! Go Pros are awesome

Thanks! I love my GoPro! :D

teal_dx wrote:How fast was that around the 5:20 mark? Car sounded good :thumb:

Its was a lil past 180km...so i'm assuming 110-120mph and Thanks :)
By bigJOE671
#336699 Made a video on this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiT-jzbzLIQ

So yesterday I finally bought a torque wrench. It was rated at 5-80 ft lbs. I needed one to do my cam seal for the longest time. Just had other priorities :(

Parts I needed to change

My cheat sheet

Removed Breather hose(red), valve cover nuts & washer/o-rings(yellow), and spark plug wires(green)

Removed all bolts circled in green

Took off oil rail and bolts

Found the culprit! Shank was almost flush with the surface. In the pic I unscrewed it a lil bit

Here's a reference of the messed up bolt and the new one

cam seal I was replacing

Oil's best friend (Hondabond)

Applied Hondabond to surfaces needed

Installed cam cap

Install oil rail and torque bolts 1-10 20ft lbs/240in lbs

Now torque bolts 11-14 7.1ft lbs/86in lbs. Since my torque wrench is on increments of 1ft lbs I did 7ft lbs.

I applied Hondabond to these corners to prevent future oil leaks

Installed valve cover with gasket

Now I finished installed the valve cover breather hose, spark plug wires, and I just hand tightened the valve cover nuts. Last time I tried to torque em they started to strip.
By Punksz6
#336788 Nice work bro. :thumb:
By bks84
#336793 might've needed a lil more hondabond... lol
By bigJOE671
Punksz6 wrote:Nice work bro. :thumb:

Thanks!

bks84 wrote:might've needed a lil more hondabond... lol

Lol! Just a lil bit

So after I changed my cam seal I also did an oil change. Now I just need to change my cap & rotor, spark plug wires, and spark plug

Gettin it in a Wawa!

By bigJOE671
#336950 During my time of fixing the cam seal leak...I found out my VTEC solenoid was also leaking oil. I was under the impression I also had a JDM B16A Obd-0 engine.

So when I went to research on how to change that gasket there was two different part numbers. B16A2 motors use different VTEC gaskets than the JDM B16A Obd-0. Attached a pic for reference.

B16A2 motors use
Upper: 36171-P08-005
Lower: 15825-P08-005

So moving on...I went to buy some gaskets

Upper gasket bolts

Lower gasket bolts...filthy in this area :(

Had to disconnect these two connectors

I took off the solenoid and inspected both gaskets. I seem to have a VTEC solenoid that uses B16A2 gaskets :x

So I ordered the gaskets that are on the right and Now I need to return them because I need the gaskets on the left :x
By brandoff88
#336961 someone could have swapped the vtec solenoid assembly...I have to change mine on my d15b vtec because I broke the green connector on it when putting my motor in lol