Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Wicked
#270545 Not sure where to start...Ill start with some background...Picked this car up on 4/24/08. Was looking for a GSX, but couldn't find anything decent priced. Saw a hatchy on the freeway every morning on the way to skool, it was dark purple and pretty clean, decided to check out a Honda since they are easier to find and cheaper (plus all my friends had them so a good wealth of knowledge to back it). Not to soon after I started looking this one just magically fell from the sky right into my lap. I was about to pick up a 97 GS, and happened to see this one on CL and fell in love. Everything on CL hatchyy wise was upwards $3k all I had was a budget of $5k and I didnt want to spend all that money on a stock hatch and have nothing left over to mod it with. Picked her up for $1400 USD with a blown head gasket completely stock, as stock as they come (even had passenger mirror block off still on it) about 160-170k on chassis and motor, Clean Title.

As for the cars background The previous previous owner had left brake fluid in the glove compartment and it leaked out and ate away half of the glove compartment :shock: . Then under the previous owner it had been HIT by a deer TWICE (So he says) :?:. The deer had run into the fender late at night and dented it and cracked the bumper and not to long after it was ran into on the opposite side while he was driving in the woods this time though it needed a full fender replacement as well as a new corner light. The cracked bumper and the dents came with the car the first deer accident wasn't replaced. Also the car had the typical Speedo and Mileage not working.

The car came with a complementary Stereo System, Some Sony 6" Xplod's in the front and 2 old cracked 12" Orion XTR's in a box powered by a 1200Watt Pyramid Amp (with a ghetto ass wiring job) and some bottom line (Pioneer I think) head unit. I had already purchased from my cuz 2 12" Sony Xplod's (the oldskool ones that were red 1000 watt) In a nice bandpass box which pitched the subs to fight each other, And a 1000 Watt Xplod Amp. I re ran the wiring and tucked it all away nicely and professionally and mounted the Amp to the back seat metal frame and wrapped the wires in some nice wire tubing looked really nice and IT HIT HARD!. I had just graduated and I hung my grad hat stringy thing from my mirror and it literally danced to the beat (I mean Break dance melbourne shuffle hardstyle danced). I also picked up some Tein H-Tech Lowering Springs (the $250-300 ones) brand new for $85 and got me some 17" Enkei J10's in gunmetal bent to shit for $450 with full tires got 6 of em, 2 bent badly and 4 held air. (car vibrated at 75mph). The rims and springs were all my pops idea btw I really didn't want either, but hes a Craigslister and saw deals and I let him talk me into it... :? I had also bought a brand new black carpet for $100 the old carpet was garbage ripped torn stained burned cigarette stinky ect. So thats just to get an idea of what I started rolling with.

So here's where my story starts...Not to long after I got the car I went to get my license took the written on a 32 hour awake spree (I used to do a lot of Game modding with my free time and would stay up pretty much till I felt I got enough done to stop). Anyways I passed with 3 wrong literally head bobbing standing at the booth taking the test :thumb:. I actually had driven it there that day...Shortly after I "legitimately" started driving it, It started acting up on me and I couldn't figure out what the problem was. It would just randomly die out of no where for no reason. Sometimes it would start back up sometimes it wouldn't. So one day it decides to die at a stop light intersection right after a Fire truck pulls up behind me...It didn't want to start back up...Next thing I know I see them all jump out including a fire lady and just leave the truck there running and they all help me push (including my pops) to the nearest parking lot. My pops calls his buddy to come pick him up and I'm left there with it, my problem.

I call up my homie who helped me do the headgasket and tell him the story and so he comes up from San Jose to take a look we cant for the life of us figure out what the problem is, but eventually I think we figure out were not getting spark. So I'm sittin there and were just brainstorming and I'm thinking maybe the dizzy popped? We pop off the rotor cap....anddddd (suspense builddddd).....to my surprise the entire cap is filled with Oil! Neither of us have ever sen anything like it before...Anyways we dry the contacts and she fires right up...I drive it home get it up the driveway and park it and right as I park it it dies again. I figure I got it home ill deal with it later its late. Now IDR if this was the day before my behind the wheel test and idr if we changed the dizzy before the test...But because my speedo didn't work my homie let me borrow his from his EX. So anyways the test day comes and I drive to the DMV everything's fine no problems..They tell me to get in line to take the test I go to take the car around and I'm going to get in line and right before I do it DIES! Right there about 20 ft from the entrance to the line. It won't start...So me and my pops are sitting there for like 20 mins trying to get it running...And I think we did change the dizzy because we didn't jump to that immediately. So anyways we have no tools and we finally go to the dizzy and we have no tools so we cant get it off. Then I remember a while back I had gotten a key chain screwdriver set. Its this really simple set just a Philips and a Standard and its short and flat at the handle end like a key with a hole in the middle for your key chain (I got it at a funeral a couple weeks earlier their were a bunch on the counter in the funeral guys (my pops uncle) house and me and my cousins all took one). So I give it to my pops and he pops off the cap and sure enough its filled with oil we have no napkins or rags so he sacrifices his sock to soak it up and I fire it up get in line and take the test and pass first time. The whole time I thought it was gonna die while I was taking the test, but it didn't :woot: (from the my house to the DMV is about the same distance as the test). So I drove it home and popped the cap off and I think it was the most filled it had ever been :pray:.

So we fix that and all is good I start driving it. I get an alarm prolly about 2 weeks after I get my license (I got my license on 1/28/09). It was just some cheapy alarm I wanted a quick release too, but my pops likes to go cheap so I let him talk me into getting the cheapest alarm think it was like $137 out the door installed....About 2 weeks after the alarm Me and my 2 most regular homies were gonna go to a party that night, but we had hella time to kill till a couple other homies got off work. So me and my 2 homies go to the mall cuz one had to return some pants. I decided to drive cuz I got my system and we like to spit freestyles plus I rarely ever drove back then so we wanted to roll in my car. We get to the mall and I park in the 3rd row about >100 feet from the SECURITY OFFICE UNDER THE LIGHT POST. We go inside macys for about 10-15 mins. Come back out and the car is GONE! A month later literally 1 month...30 days after I get my license 2/28/09 IT GETS STOLEN OUT OF OAKGRIDE PARKING LOT in San Jose at about 8PM I think 2 weeks after I had an alarm installed. It turns out it was just outside of the Macy's camera view so they couldnt get it in action, But whoever did it knew what they were doing as nothing was broken to get in the car. They had a key for ignition and the door for sure. They popped the trunk and cut the alarm at the speaker, No collumn damage no door or jimmy damage nothing. Anyways it was about 3 days and no word and I had just about given up on them findin it. So I started lookin for another hatch seen one on CL with some meshies dumped same color for about 3k was gonna try to pick it up then about 2 days later they said they found it under 280 overpass around downtown San Jose.

So here's the damage. Earlier that day I had gotten my first Broadway mirror about 3 hours earlier. I had actually gotten the last one the place had, and one of the guys had already put it in his car so he took it out and gave it to me for $25. that was taken...My brand new dell laptop (pops got it for me from work cuz they were throwing it out) had it maybe a week and my USB controller w/my 2 favorite PS1 games (Armored Core and MGS) which I played on my lap top all of it gone (it was in my backpack not plain view, it was on the ground behind the passenger seat out of sight). My blackberry pearl (which I forgot inside on accident) gone. An old dickies jacket the windbreaker kind that you cant find anymore..gone...They took my whole system, My rims, My brand new battery, My rear trunk carpet, My Dome light...which headgasket homie had given me just cuz mine didn't work it was some blue led ricer kind...They broke my e-brake arm rest delete thing...And it looked like they we're gonna take my springs and my wiring too, but we're thinking something spooked them and they dumped it quickly. Luckily they left me my USB wrist band SD card reader (I dont think they realized what it was) it was on my shifter with my "JDM" lolz tokyo subway key chain my pops brought back from tokyo for me when I was little. I found weed crumbs in the back seat and they left all the registration info but took all my change, and my spare tire jack and tire tools. They wer kind enough to leave it on my spare tire and a donner spare tire with some flat 14" steelies though, and I did find a $1 dollar bill in the car and so now its my lucky $1 and never leaves the car.

After that happened I through my old XTR's in and got me a Sony CDX-GT-630UI Deck and some blaupunkt 6". Sold the pyramid amp and im runing some 300 watt amp I found layin in the garage. I went out and bought my quick release setup from weksos like I originally wanted too. A couple months later I came up on some D2's Off of Chams 4Dr EG. You may have seen/heard of it? Boosted B18c5 think he made 535/555hp to the wheels. He drove it to eibach and made it in a magazine idr which though. Ill post some pics of it...Anyways hes a homie of a homie and sold em to me for $600. He said they had maybe 5k on them as he got them off a EK showcar and his 4dr is a garage queen. So those were my first true mods for the car. I LOVE my D2's btw. My other homie with a EG had the race spec the $2k Tien coils and everyone said that mine felt/handled better all around then his full setup. and I was on 13" steelies with $40 tires. 165/70/13 :D. I run them slammed in the front Full Hard all around and love it. Still have them and have maybe put about 50-60K on the car since then, and they still feel fine although I'm starting to get a squeek on the passenger side not sure what it is. Best investment I've ever made. Since then I've cracked 1 radiator not sure how prolly from the stiffness of the suspension, and until just recently about 2-3 weeks ago I hadn't put anymore money in the car since then except for a clutch change. So that's pretty much the background of the car. Ill have to update you guys with the current mods manana. Cuz its late and I work in 4 hours. Ill throw up some old pics and a teaser. Until I can get around to organizing it better 2m. Still running a completely stock d15b8 with sparkplug chamber oil leak (valve cover) and prolly like 55hp but I make it look like its got 100 :lol:

****CONTINUED**** So lets see ummm...I also got 2 free LS motors (B18A1). One through a bearing and the other one was in an acident and craked the block so from the 2 im gonna build 1, and drop that in for now. I was hoping to find a B1 block stripped down so I could bar it but no luck as of yet. I've already stripped them both down and the good block is just waiting to be put back together. Oh yea I forgot to mention the roof is oxidized to hell and it had a cracked windsheild when I got it. I had to replace.

TL;DR You really should go back and read it, Im a good story teller =].

Chams 4Dr EG
--------------------------

I believe this motor is no longer in his car. You can find more pics here

You can see his D2's Those are in my car now =]

Last edited by Wicked on Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Wicked
#270546 Now here is my car.

Wicked's Hatchyyy WIP

MODS
-----------------------------------
Interior
-Sony CDX-GT660UP CAT
-2 JL Audio 12W3v3-4 Subs
-JL Audio JX500/1 Amplifier (AB)
-Black Carpet
-NRG Short Hub
-NRG 2.5 Paddle Quick Release
-NRG Steering Wheel (Black w/ Red Stitch)
-Rally Wink Mirror
-BB6 Cluster
-Red CSX-3 Air Freshener
Exterior
- TC Sportline CF Hood
- Unkown CF Duckbill Painted Black
- Unkown Amber Corners
- Ebay Fog Light's w/ES300 Lenses
- OEM Honda Clip On Window Visors
- OEM Honda Mud Guards
- OEM Honda Passenger Side Mirror

Suspension/Undercarriage
-D2 RS Coilovers
-Spun Wheels TA2 16x7 +40 (Black w/ Red Pin Stripe)
-Yokohama S.Drives 195/40/16
-eXedium Two Tones Purple & Gold

Motor/Drive Train
-

DIY
-BB6 Cluster
-Inner Tail Lights Brake Lights

Pictures have arrived :thumb: LET ME KNOW IF THE COLOR COORDINATION IS TO MUCH I WAS BORED AT WORK :lol:
-----------------------------------

When I first brought her home.

*resized for all you 17" screeners out there :P * Notice the good luck on my quarter panel :x

Her first wash.

And of course me 3 years ago making weird faces at the paparazzi.

I have a cheerio for those of you who noticed the Block off plate still installed. Here you go *O*.

Headgasket Installation
Me and teh homies. The guy in black is 1 of the ones who was with me when she was stolen. I walked out the mall and immediately realized it was gone. First thing I said was "dude wheres me car?" :lol: I had to...I mean how many times in your life do you get to legitimately piggy back off that movie...

Cuz who needs 16 valves anyways...:whatever:

This is After I through on the Enkei J10's.

This is after we put on the Tein's.

I know its dark, they're the only pics I have though.

ZOMG STOLENNN!!!!!

After D2 Coils...

These were all before I dropped the front all the way.

Its literally parked under my Truck. It would have almost gone all the way up to the windsheild if the tire wasn't there :lol:. Her names Swamp Thing. Thats only a 6" lift on 35.5" Super Swamps, Anyways Back on topic...

Here's the OLD interior. POST-Stolen

Hear are the motors...

The bad Block but good internals.

The good block but spun bearing.

Everything to the left is going in the good block everything to the right is out of the spun bearing. (Internals wise)

If you look closely at the piston closest to us you'll see the damage from the spun bearing.

Here is my first real DIY mod - Full brake lights.

I managed to get a huge random bloody nose and hit my wrist so hard that it stopped working for several seconds during this mod. Thats how you know your doing a good job.:thumb:

Image[Hidden]

So thats gonna be it for Older photos, I had more but idk what happened to them anyways now we can now get more up to date. :woot:
Last edited by Wicked on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:27 am, edited 32 times in total.
By Wicked
#270547 Now then for the last 2 years I've pretty much ran it just as you seen it with the coilovers and the old interior. Just recently maybe 2 months ago I managed to step away from computers and modding and start putting time and money into other things, Mainly my car...Here are the results..

My second DIY.

This mod is pretty Uneek and what I think makes my car pretty special. Can anyone guess what cluster this is? NO CHEATING! I've only ever seen this cluster swap done on any other civic once! and technically it was a left over google thumbnail image and the real image can't be seen as it doesnt exist anymore at least on the world wide web. Also it was with an automatic cluster not a M/T. This cluster is pretty hard to find, i'd say easily as rare as a CTR or ITR cluster from my researching experience (Although I prolly wasn't looking in all the right places). I checked Ebay and CL for pricing and availability thinking it shouldn't be to hard to find its a high production car...WRONG! CL came up empty and Ebay had only 2, 1 JDM and 1 Auto. The JDM was just starting at $87 and the auto was already at $155...I didn't want a JDM cluster that I was gonna have to get used to Km/h for, and I didn't want an Auto as that's just funky I have M/T come on...So I Figured ill go pull it myself, I searched high and low through the autoyards within a 50 mile radius of San Jose. I found only one place that carried this cluster...Honda Heaven in San Jose (notorious for outrageous price's). No one else even carried this car over a 96. Honda heaven had 3 cars. 2 autos and 1 M/T the autos cluster's where already plucked and this manual was the last one they had, lucky me :headbang:. Oh I forgot to mention my GF's dad has worked at this place for 22 years :woot: . I got the cluster for $50 Normally goes for upwards $150 from them, and it came with the pig tails for free (Normally youd have to pay for the whole wiring harness upwards of $200) :woot2: .

Anyways here's some pics I took while trying this out. I followed a DIY for the Integra cluster I found on here :thumb: and simply adapted it to this cluster. The pics mostly just show the bezel work and attempting fitment. I didn't document it all that well =/. Took me about 2 days of dremel/razorblade/Sanding work and 3 EG bezels to figure out how I wanted the EG to house/cover the gauges. If I could get another bezel I would do it all over again flawlessly this time, but until then This is what I got. The cluster itself still isn't finished as I'm not happy with the paint (thats a whole nother story ill follow up with towards the end)...and I still need to make the plexi glass cover, But other then that its fully functional.

Here I'm trying to find the basic center before I make any irreversible cuts to anything. Excuse the quality they are cellphone pics.

Over the clusters bezel test.

More Fitment after cutting

I decided to go a different route altogether and here is Prototype 2. Instead of cutting it all out I noticed that the curves of the cluster can be fit pretty well using the left overs of the EG bezel. Notice the rounded corners that flow with the Clusters Corners. I used the tape to sort of stretch the bezel and hold it in place exactly so it fit perfectly.

After some find sanding and razor blade touch up. Epoxied

Cluster Fitment test in the Dash. The cluster sits so tight in the dash that I didn't have to screw it down. And it takes some man power to get it to sit in there. You have to push the frame that mounts the old cluster outwards a little so you can slide this guy behind it. Then there's still so much more adjustment because of the wires behind the cluster. and the clusters corner themselves. I ended up having to dremel part of the cluster housing itself to get it to center up correctly in the dash with no gaps.

Wiring this thing in was a whole nother beast. I had to locate the Wiring Diagrams and eventually had to use 4 different pinout diagrams for different cluster swaps, because not all of them gave me all the wires informative enough. I was adapting two things together that had never been done before...And even with the diagrams I still had to do some Trial and Error. Eventually I did get the Cluster working flawlessly after Not having Illumination the first night. Then realizing I didn't have battery or CEL systems the second Time.

Here's a Pic of it painted in the car. Ill have some more for you guys later. I must admit it is nice having a Tach now and not only that it lights up all amber and goes to 150mph, Cuz I sit there all day with my 8 valves :fucker:

AND NOW FOR THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR! The brand new pics.

Well finish off Interior since that's where we left off with the cluster.

Here's just a simple shot of the interior. You like my DIY bucket seat?
I got the Wink mirror prolly about a month ago $25 pep boys, Picked up the Hawaiin Coconut warrior helmet for $5 on Sunday I think. I traded the guy who gave me the motors my old blue air freshener for his red one, About a year ago. Picked up a replacement rubber pedal cover for my clutch pedal prolly 2 weeks ago along with that glove compartment. Same time I was doing the Cluster I went to the yard to get more bezels and see what other little goodies I could find and those were them.. I Put the cluster in about 2 weeks/week and a half ago.

On to Exterior

I Picked up this CF hood last Friday for $200 + my hood. Guy wanted $250. Its a TCSportline Hood. I got the Mugen PU rep lip about a week ago for $55. Picked up the Amber Corners when I went to get lugs for the wheels $30. I got the passenger mirror not to long after I got the car, before it was stolen. Think it ran $70 brand new from honda. Idr though might have been less maybe $40-50.

Don't mind my GF's leg she was getting out of the car and trying to kick into my shot.

I got the rims about 1-1.5 month's ago and they were sittin forever cuz I couldn't decide on a tire. I'm a rim whore btw...so expect to see lots of different shoes on my car. Oh yea and that's her 97 EX in the background there with all the car cleaning stuff on it. We were shootin in the neighbors driveway.

I'ma take you all the way around the car.

She wanted me to get the angry bird so there he is think he was like $5. I got the duckbill around 3 weeks ago. Traded my old wheel and my stock spolier for it. Its CF but they painted over it :thumbdown: so I gotta sand it down and reclear it so it will match the look I'm going for.

I still haven't painted the fender. Rims are Spun Wheels TA2 Black w/red lip.
16x7 +40 Wrapped in Yokohoma S.Drives 195/40/16 Locked on with Exedium Two Tone's - Purple and Gold. Rims ran me $475, Tires Ran me about $620 w/ Roadside Tire Lifetime Warranty about $20 a tire. The tires are backorder and run about $112-$114 a tire.

I also got an alignment day after I put the new rims on. Cost me $175 cuz of the suspension and the drop. As well as the "aftermarket wheels". But it comes with a Year warranty so I can take it in any time and they will realign it for me.

Shes slowly startin to come together. Ive just been getting such good deals on everything lately its amazing.

Now here's a pic from today...well yesterday now...I manged to get a full set of mudguards for $35 and JDM clip on visors for $130. 1 Clip broke off from the owner and one broke off on the way back home. But I'm just gonna Plastic weld them back on and throw em on.

Mud Guards installed

That's about it for now. Stay tuned for 2m because I will for sure have more updates. Its late and while I did have some extra discussion I think ill save it for 2m cuz I want to sleep now :zzz: I hope you guys have enjoyed it so far, and I'm not to boring of a story teller.
Last edited by Wicked on Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
By FG2_Andrew
#270555 looks like a good build platform.
By Punksz6
#270595 Nice can't wait to see more and how it looks now!! :)
By eg-guy
#270600 cant wait to see more pics

not diggin the side molding tho
By Wicked
#270602 HAHA it came on the car like that. I've had several homies tell me to change it..im just to lazy and dont wanna buy more. Plus I know theres prolly gonna be untouched by the sun/weather paint spots under them so ill have pin stripes if I take em off :lol: Im gonna wait until paint then ill redo the molding.
By Flatland_EG
#270608 I couldn't help but notice your avatar.
I take it you're familiar with that website, the works of Thorin and the Wolf Pack.

Sorry, don't mean to be OT, just curious is all. :)
By Wicked
#270610 Indeed I am my pops is a BIG BAD BIKER, I've actually been meaning to order some shirts from them but haven't gotten around to it. Your like the second person I've ever met whose recognized my avatar :thumb:.
By 1ACarlos
#270632 Looks clean. Wanna see more pics
By Wicked
#270761 Ok so the pictures and build so far are all up to date. Everything from now on is the present or future.
By RWMIII
#270806 How much for a pinata? lmao. I think thats what the sign says on your garage.

Clean hatchie man :thumb:
By Gustavo
#270814 Coming along real nice. :thumb:
By Flatland_EG
#270824 There seems to be an Angry Bird hanging from the back of your car. :D