Post YOUR Hatchback here
By andyc
#264828 I say keep the bay looking like it is, burnt, I like it :thumb:
By Boricuanology
Gustavo wrote:
Boricuanology wrote:
Gustavo wrote:Nice hatch. N didn't u have another thread on here that showed a link 2 where u had all the story n a bunch of pics?

Didn't know about link so i figure I will post my project in a more short version so I did a lot of cut and paste.

Weren't u on another forum where u had the whole story about wat happened 2 ur hatch?

I belong to like 6 forums so you probably saw it in one of them lol. I figure I do a short version here and at the same time introduced myself and my Civic.
By Boricuanology
andyc wrote:I say keep the bay looking like it is, burnt, I like it :thumb:

It would stay like that for now anyway, untill I switch to the other engine.
By Boricuanology
#265752 Anybody know whats the normal operating water temperature on a turbo civic? I have a half size radiator with a 12" slim fan and according to my mechanical water temp gauge it went up all the way to 210 degree and that's where the fan kicks in. By the way I'm not running a thermostat.

Now I have the same radiator/fan set up on my boys EK hatch with ls-vtec and we can still see the temp in his cluster besides the one on the mechanical gauge and in the cluster the water temp needle is marking like a little over a 1/4 which is normal and OK but in the mechanical gauge is marking 200 degree.

Is this the normal water temp temperature on a SOHC Turbo Civic that has a half size rad with a 12" fan? In my case I'm using my fan in front of the radiator as a pusher if this makes any difference. Now I have a new set up which I can put back the fan behind the rad, like factory, and use it as a puller instead but if this is not necessary I leave at that. Just want to make sure my car is not over heating or anything cause I'm about to tune the car and push it limits.

Any input would be appreciate!!!

PS- Can you guys see the link for the video of my car running, in there you can see the water temperature gauge at 200 degree already.