Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Boricuanology
#264510 Sup everyone, I present to you what has become my up and down battle trying to finish this project, " La Civica".
I will keep you guys posted on my on going process with my baby '92 civic DX hatchback.

Clean the car a bit and put the 16" rims that came with the 93 SI that I got for parts.
By Boricuanology
#264511 I finish with my rear brake swap. I wanted to take many pictures to kind of show a how to, but my batterie is damage and is no longer holding the charge so I limit to a few pictures only. Here they are, the before and after:
Trailing arms with all the new goodies already install.

The before shot, Damm that looks ugly.

After shot, much much better. Even thou it will be a lot of work later on but I will paint everything and give the car a new undercoating to bring that nice black finish under the car.

Ahhhhhhhhh the satisfaction of a job well done. On rims that are open like mine that you can actually see everything behind them, you can actually see and apreciate a disc set up. It just looks nicer and cleaner.
Now I have to be 100% that I need to change the proportion valve and the brake booster from my SI to my DX and then Im done for now with my braking system.
Now if I can only get my block from the shop so that I can start my engine build up.
Untill thennnnnnnnnnnnnn........
By kingjmack
#264513 Lookin good so far! Good choice on the wheels.
By Boricuanology
#264523 Giving you guys an up date!
Not happy with the way my engine bay look and taking advantage that engine and tranny was remove, I went and painted the engine bay for a real clean look.

Pictures of my engine. hopefully it will run as good as it looks.
what I don't like about this manifold after I swear by it, is that the wasegate wont clear the hood, solution? buy a damm flange/bend tube adapter that will cost me like $50.
By Boricuanology
#264524 very carefull, slowlly!!

almost there.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! JUST BEAUTIFULL!!!
DRIVER SIDE VIEW
By Boricuanology
#264533 Update!!!
Since I didn't want to mess up by doing my own downpipe and downtube. I ended up sending my stuff to Greg from AUTOWORKS which they were nice enough to do the work for me.
So while I wait for my stuff I decide to start modifiying the bumper to clear the intercooler, install my Tial BOV and finaly, install some couplers/tbolt (once again, thanks greg)

Waiting for the rest of the parts to arrive back from Autoworks, I will then modify the intercooler piping install the rest of the couplers and t-bolts and volaaaaa!

After cutting myself (4) times and Im not kitting, I manage to modify the bumper to make room for the intercooler. I install the bumper just to have an idea of how it will look. I kind of wanted the sleeper look so I didn't want anybody to see my intercooler so obvious but I didn't have any choice.

Till next time!!!!!!
By Punksz6
#264534 Nice Hatch! Good Work too! The motor is Super Clean! :thumb:
By Boricuanology
#264536 Update!!!

Its been a while, been to busy with the holydays, but I got my stuff from Greg from Autoworks on time as always, I was to busy, lazy + the its been cold around my way so everything was on hold... till now!

I put the radiator back to test fitted and it seems that everything will be perfect, I just need to get me a slim fan and everything should be fine.

After putting everything back I did notice however that I have a tiny leak on the retur oil line from the turbo, not sure if the line itself needs ajustment or if it is damage, besides that everthing seems to be falling in place.
Will try for tomorow to install the wires, battery and finish the IC pipes and take the O2 sensor out of my other engine and install it on this one.

The best way to end the year and start a new one?
Have this engine up an running!!!!!
By Boricuanology
#264537 Suppppppppp guysssssssssssssss!!

Havent forgot about my baby, is just I need it to take care of some other things, for exanple loosing 36lbs so far, so I put everything in hold for a while.

Butttttttttt now Im back!!

I wanted it to finish the front brakes and also install the ARP studs, but being that I need it to remove the hub made me not wanted to do this.
Finally I took some time to do this and also while in the process I notice that my driver side upper and lower ball joint were bad so I replace both of them.

Just want to said that it was a weekend of a lot of banging, LOL.

driver side
Passenger side
By Boricuanology
#264538 SADDEST UPDATE EVER!!!!
Got a call at 3:00 AM from my friend today. "Jimmy Your garage is on fire Bro"
I will let the pictures do the talking for me!!!

Where the fire started, Fucking people were running an extension cord all the way from the house across their garden and into their garage/Storage full of bull shit.

following are pictures of our garage, left side and front view.

Damage done to my car from all angles:
By Boricuanology
#264539 Ok clean the car a bit, some of the clear got yellowish and the any plastic part like bumper and stuff turn the same way.

I can probaly sell the tail light for a lot, I mean factory smoke tailights, thats even more rare than any JDM stuff, LOL.

This is the picture that hurts the most, I guess when I feel like doing it all over again I will do it much much better, probably when Im ready to paing the whole car.
By Boricuanology
#264540 Sup guys!!
I wasn't planing on getting some 15" rims for my car at the moment but got a good deals on this babies so I jump on them.
Now I wanted something light and in bronze so I got a brand new set of Konig Heliums. for what I heard they weight 10.8lbs.

With all the different management system out there I decided to go with eCtune, So I took advantage of a sale that they had and purchase everything, also got the Powerdex NGK wideband.

By Boricuanology
#264542 Waoooo!! Its been a while, so I guess I better update and show you guys how my project is coming alone, slowly but surely!!

At the beginning I kind of wanted to install my gauges using the auto meter adaptor for EG's that mounts the gauges where the center vents are but change my mind and went with what I think is a cleaner look.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also my engine its been done for a while now but I was waiting on the gauges to be up and running prior to starting the engine to make sure everything was OK.
Here are a few pictures showing my different set up. I went with the stock intake manifold for now so pretty much the only modification to the engine is the Vitara pistons, Eagle rods, and ARP studs. Also now my turbo is facing the passenger side instead of driver side. Once again thanks to Greg from Autoworks.

Finally I upload a video of the engine running, hope you guys can see it, any comments are truly appreciate!!
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/7770/h7t.mp4

Stay Tune for "The Project Strikes Back" Mi projecto "La Civica". It will have a totally new engine, D16Z6 bore .20 over, Vitara Pistons, FJ Rods, Performance Porting stage 5 head with competition valve angle job, 272-2 Delta cam, oem water pump, oil pump (modify by performance Porting) Edelbrock Intake port match to head also a 70mm throttle body match to intake, 1000cc Precision Turbo Injectors, 4 bar Omni point map sensor. Tune on eCtune!!! Tuner to be decide!!!!!
My Plan Is to see how far I can make it with the engine I have in the car at the moment, to later switch to my new engine and push it a bit more. My goal is to do 12"s- 11's and who knows what can happen.
Hope you guys can help me out and point me out in the right direction since I know there's a lot of members in D-series.org, Turbod16.com, Honda-Tech.com, and clubcivic.com that have made it and pass what my ultimate goal is.
Wish me luck!!!
By Boricuanology
#264546 There you have it guys, a short version of my 92 Civic Journey!!! Hope you guys enjoyed it. All comments are welcome, good or bad!!!
By chrono404
#264743 Dude, that fire sucks so much. :thumbdown:

Its good you didn't give up your build yet though. :thumb: