Post YOUR Hatchback here
By ejc
#264439 I'm new here and have had this since Janurary this year. I bought it sight unseen (I did see pictures on Craigslist) in West Palm Beach after I gave my mom my daily driver (Hyundai Accent) because hers blew up. I didn't realize how badly this car was abused by the previous owner until I got it home (12 hour drive). Good thing is it is rust free and supposedly has a newer D16 with 30,000 or so miles on it.

Had to rebuild the entire suspension (inner/outer tierods, ball joints, wheel bearings, upper control arms, axles so forth and so on) and installed poly bushings. Since I was rebuilding I decided to install some coilovers (Megan EZ streets). Also rebuit the brakes all around and added SS brake lines (include new brake booster with that) and extended wheel stubs. Wheels are Konig Heliums and Khumo XS 205/50's left over from my Miata.

Had to pull the dash to replace the heater and evaporator cores and decided to change the steering wheel (NRG) and drivers seat (Sparco R100...had it left over from my Miata) and shifter (B&M dual bend). Plan on bying new dash (cracked) and another R100 fro the passanger side.

Started looking at the engine and found alot of rust biuldup in the radiator so bought the Go autoworks radiator and fan and replace all the coolant tubes, thermostat, etc under the intake. Pulled all the AC components and changed it over to 134. Had to replace the compressor also. Replaced all the water lines at the same time. Bought a ton of little parts to fix all the half ass rigging. Header was already on the car (I'm guessing Ebay) Installed a cheap intake for now to repace the 1 that fell apart. Pulled a 20G turbo setup off my SRT-4 and thinking about installing it on this. Already bought some RC440's on the cheap. Dosen't have much of a top end so I thought the cataytic converter was clogged or maybe the original muffler so bought a Megan test pipe and SRS cat back (don't really want to hear how rice it is going to sound...I'm 47 and retired from the Air Force...like I give a crap). Thought I had a water leak from the parts I installed so decided to buy a Skunk intake as long I was going to removed the stock one...why install it again?. I'm looking for a solid base to start with which I feel I will have after all this. I bought it be my DD and no telling where it goes from here. Looking to repaint it the factory color and maybe track it someday. One other thing. Looking at the Dizzy and only 1 bolt lines up. It looks like it is not designed for the D16. Any ideas?

Forgot 1 thing...found this behind the drivers side rear seat side panel...looks like some type of Lojack device???

Like to thank the previous owner for f**king up a nice car...May you rot in hell
By boostedsedan93
#264440 the dizzy is prolly a non vtec dizzy .. they will work but yes only one bolt hole which would be the top will line up..
By Gustavo
#264442 Car looks good. Where did u get the Sparco seat?
By ejc
#264443 Thats right! It is only the top! Could that have an effect on the VTEC kicking in? All the connectors are ....connected. Could this affect performance?
By ejc
Gustavo wrote:Car looks good. Where did u get the Sparco seat?

Picked it up on the way home from West Palm after visiting family. Was going to use it in my Miata but it sat me to high so it has been sitting in my garage for a year or so. Bought a new base to fit the EG. I still sit kind of high in the Civic. Think the headliner sits lower with the sunroof.
By Gustavo
ejc wrote:

Picked it up on the way home from West Palm after visiting family. Was going to use it in my Miata but it sat me to high so it has been sitting in my garage for a year or so. Bought a new base to fit the EG. I still sit kind of high in the Civic. Think the headliner sits lower with the sunroof.

How much did u pay 4 it?
By ejc
Gustavo wrote:
ejc wrote:

How much did u pay 4 it?

It was new but used (installed for 10 mins) Base, slider, seat....I think $230?
By Gustavo
ejc wrote:
Gustavo wrote:
ejc wrote:

How much did u pay 4 it?

Pretty jealous. :lol: I can never find good deals like that.
By ejc
Gustavo wrote:
ejc wrote:
Gustavo wrote:
ejc wrote:

How much did u pay 4 it?

Pretty jealous. :lol: I can never find good deals like that.

No worries, we all get lucky sometimes. You time will come
By -Todd-
#264557 Nice work so far, nice to see someone a little older taking interest in Hondas.
By Greasedmonkey
#264573 Teal rocks!!!
By ejc
#264689 So I took on the task of replacing the exhaust today. Old one came off pretty easy but was greeted by a surprise (was kind of expecting it)

At first I thought it was some type of wasp nest but it is substrate from the catylitic converter. Looks like someone welded a newer CC on but the damage was already done. Fell out when I took the exhaust off and could here more in the muffler (I think this contributed to my lack of top end)

Replaced it with this

Made by a company called SRS. Got it for $160 plus shipping off EBay(total $210) and replaced the CC with a test pipe from Megan ($57)

Good TIG welds, no slag inside the pipes, bolted up with no problems. Had to clearance the rear bumper slightly

Here is how it sounds. Ricey? Maybe...Loud? yea...and? Included sound byte of my Miata for comparision. It has a Spec Miata exhaust.

By Ajax1989
#264710 sounds good

"thats not loud"
:thumb:
By Punksz6
#264718 Nice Hatch. :thumb: