Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Wid
#263777 So about 4 months ago, I got this Civic as a trade for my 88 Toyota Pickup.

It's been a few months coming, but I finally got my LS swap. I only paid $100 for the engine and ended up selling the stock d15b7 for $350. Here's a few pictures of me pulling the engine.

aImage

I'll post up some more pictures later on. Along with Interior pictures, full exterior, and pictures of my b18b1.

One week later.

So recently, I've bought an entire new front end, Signals, fenders, hood, and bumper. I also picked up the entire interior from a wrecked hatch. Oh and the model is a dx. Here's some pictures of the now completed exterior and interior.

My gutted ugly interior.

With the carpet installed.

Me installing the center console.

Whole interior installed. Hard to get a picture of everything.

Now here's a picture with the new front end (hood needs paint)

Finally here's the new hatch

More pictures coming very soon.
Last edited by Wid on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Wid
#264086 Thanks for the feedback guys, I've been pretty busy at work but I've recently painted the hood, and the wheels, so it's starting to look halfway decent. I'll try and get some pictures up by the end of today, if not, then tomorrow morning. Along with pictures of the Motor and tranny.
By Wid
#264395 Sorry I've been busy with work and what not.
Here's the painted hood and wheels. They're Hx's in case anybody is wondering.

Here's the B18B1 (Valve cover is being sand blasted by a friend)
And yes, I keep my engine in my bedroom. No room in my shed. Hahaha.

And the A1 LS Tranny (My bike is SO dirty! Damn Washington weather...)

Last edited by Wid on Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Gustavo
#264430 Looking good. :thumb:
By Wid
#273480 So, I have the stage 1 clutch, and the dizzy, and starter, and injectors, and all that good stuff on it's way in the mail! Finally my project is nearing it's end.

But this week I was feeling like getting some work done on the hatch, so I decided to drag the transmission into the house/garage/laundry room area.
Split open the case, and found some goodies that needed to be replaced, i.e. All new seals, Synchro's and a new 2nd gear cause I had almost no teeth on my current one. Hahaha.

There was a very helpful website that guided me in my trip to transmission land.

http://www.performanceforum.com/wesvann ... trans.html

And here is the picture of the refurbished inside of my transmission.

By Wid
#273923 Finally got the valve cover back from my friend. He had it chemical dipped at his work. Couldn't quite get some staining off from the past terrible paint job, but at least I have a clean smooth VC to work with now. I think I'll go with wrinkle red though.

By Gustavo
#273925 The vc is super clean n can't wait 2 see it wrinkle red. :thumb:
By Wid
#273927 Thanks, I am going to make the "Honda Motor Co." letters black, and the honda emblem is going to be gold, along with the Cam gears, as soon as I have those powdered gold, I think those will accent one another very well. Along with the bed liner engine bay. Will def. be posting more updates very soon.
By gettinjiggywidit
#273953 Nice hatch dude, its looking great. you seem to be doing your project like me, do it once do it right :D . Glad to hear you got your rocker cover dipped and not blasted. I would strongly advise against blasting a rocker cover as no matter how well it is cleaned there will nearly definatly be minute particles of abrasive left some where and could potentialy ruin that great engine.

Keep it up :thumb: