Post YOUR Hatchback here
By hambone089
#261611 alright so this post should get everything up to date. last weekend was kind of a great dis-assembly.

i started by trying to take my driver's side rear trailing arm off, and of course its a honda, so i broke a bolt.

it still came off no problem, i broke the bolt that connects the arm to the camber adjuster. so i thought about the cutter...

but then i figured i might as well just drop the cash on new adjustable arms, since i might jack it up trying the cut it out anyways. whats another $90 into the Brooke project?

after getting that trailing arm out, i decided this was gonna be a long project. so i started pulling things of that id been meaning to.

first i pulled out all of my interior vents and little plastic pieces. a couple years ago i thought it would be really cool to paint them red. but now i am wanting to change the cars color, and do all the body work it needs... so they cant stay red.

heres what it used to look like

so i took all the pieces out, sanded them down real good, and primed them black. this weekend im going to put a coat of white on them, cuz i want the car to end up white, and to have a black and white interior.

after this it seemed fitting to pull off my crappy looking side moldings, and there was rust developing under the end on the driver's side one.

yeah, i figured out that my hunch was correct. my rear quarter had been repaired with a rust repair panel, but its like the guy didnt even finish it. heres what his weld looks like on the inside

notice that its only along the top of the piece. well the bottom section wasnt welded, just held together with body filler, which didnt last, then it started rusting again. thats not the only rust though, my passenger rear quarter has a nice chunk missing

one good point though is that my rockers are solid, no rust at all

needless to say i pulled the back seats out, i plan on getting all of the interior out and painting the floor pan.

my goals this upcoming weekend are to get my bushings pressed in the rear trailing arms, get the front calipers repainted, my replacement steel brake line installed so that the front is all back together. i also need to order those megan racing adjustable camber arms for the back and maybe some replacement bolts from honda. i will post again at the beginning of next week (probly tuesday, mondays the 4th!).

something to end on, the state of my garage at this point in time (dont mind the roomate there)
By kapow
#261770 brooke looks cute!
By hambone089
kapow wrote:brooke looks cute!

Thanks, i tell her that a lot, but shes been getting self conscious about her body lately. :cry: