Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Granini
#260913 I didn´t even plan on becoming a Civic-owner.
But when I was looking for a winter-bitch last year, it was kinda convenient that my cousin crashed her bone stock ´93 hatch, which she had bought from an old grandpa just a few weeks before.
The whole front was smashed (pics in the video show only a little bit of the crash).
Hood, bumper, headlights, fenders, radiator and the "brace underneath the hood that holds the hood down" (whatever that may be called) was smashed.
I just wanted to pull it straight again and add a little paint, so I could drive it during the wintertime.
It turned out different though, Civic is my summer car now and I drive an old Mercedes in the winter :woot:
There´s still a lot left to do on the Honda though.
Instead of posting tons of pics, I rather refer to the youtube-video of the build-up-process.
Hope you guys like it.
By ghskid06
#260919 Nice work on the car. What are the plans for the future?
By Granini
#261040 Those pictures are from last year. Last winter I took the rear end out, replaced all bushing with some stiffer ones, bead- and sandblasted all parts and painted them gloss-black. Since I bend one LCA in the process of pressing out the bushings [smilie=BangHead.gif] I ordered new ones from D2 Performance , which I painted flat black / partially polished before mounting.
An adjustable Hiltrac suspension, a Magnaflow M6 and some 7x15 BBS from a VW Golf III GTI took place, along with some no-name racing seats and Schroth seatbelts on the inside.
Parts of the dashboard are painted in orange, the batteries are in the spare tire compartment now (I still have to build some sort of neat battery-mount) and a bunch of sound dampening material was installed, along with plenty of cable.
I guess i gotta take some pictures later on today.
Plans for the future (this winter) are
- gutting out the EJ2 that I bought and salvaging the following

-D15B7 swap incl. AC and PS (and finish to paint the engine bay)
-power windows
-power locks
-black carpet (instead of that ugly ass grey dog-mat)

-some more sound dampening to the roof
-headliner and all interiour panels black alcantara, partially painted and
orange seams

and the biggest challenge

-building some decent doorboards to somewhat hide my speakers
-install the rest of the amps and some more stereo odds and ends

and one of these days

-mini me

Since the Honda is not my only hobby/project I´m just doing things little by little. Theres no deadline for me, if I get done this winter, fine, if not thats fine too.
By Granini
#261866 Image

just some crappy quality Iphone pics, but I guess they´re better than nothing.