Post YOUR Hatchback here
By unclecivic
#260855 Hi there! I'm new here- only had a hatch for the last 3 years, before this I was all American cars- 72 skylark, 79 T/A, lots of others, but always big, gas hogging V-8's .
This car came to me by way of a trade- I made a patio for a lady whos dad had passed and left her a bone-stock VX with 292,000 on the clock.
$500 and a days worth of work for a hatch? sure thing.
and then....
I hit a deer with it and mangled the front end pretty good, so I bought a cheap body kit and put it back together. Bumper, fenders and hood for 200 - I couldn't pass it up. Only problem was I now had a mean looking civic with a 1.5 liter D15Z1 motor in it... :roll: So at 320,000 I found a cheap Mini-me swap and put it in. It's a 15B7 block with a 16Z6 head, Greddy 4-2-1 header with an exhaust off a 2003 civic Si . It pulls o.k., and goes plenty fast enough during my daily commute. Will post pics soon- promise. Its ugly as hell, I did all the paint/body work myself and I'm no DaVinci, lol. I did use a 1951 Ford hood ornament though. :lol:

Edit: NO LONGER WORTHLESS WIHOUT PICS. :thumb: :thumb:
here's the clock at 333,333....lol
and here's a back-side shot back in '09
...and here she is
By poorman type-r
#260860 Definetely not a fan of the bodykit, but to each his own. Strong little motor to keep running with that mileage. :thumb:
By JohnAWESOME
#260870 Yea I have to agree not a fan of the body kit. You end up trashing that d15z1?
By Chance
#260930 Build it how you like it. Don't listen to anybody else. :thumb:
By rtegra92
Chance wrote:Build it how you like it. Don't listen to anybody else. :thumb:

X2, i admire that your doing it yourself,

with the wider flares put some 275s under them and go to autox :hehe:
By unclecivic
#260997 I can appreciate all the different opinions, beleive me. I'd love to go back to stock, but just don't see it as do-able. I'll probably drop this drivetrain in a clean shell before I re-do this one again. That buck seriously crunched up the front. I had to un-adjust his custom radiator support he gifted me with, for sure.
Last year the hood flew open at 65 on the highway and DEMOLISHED the windshield and roof area. I fixed the metal and called safelite. 300 bucks later, she was alive again.
... johnawesome, the D15Z went toward the cost of the swap, sort of a core-charge, I guess. Gave me 300 bucks off tho- and that Z1 was TIRED. 320 somesome-odd thousand miles on it.
and I kept the loooooooong geared transmission for the gas mileage.
...as for paint, I'm considering snow-camo, blue camo, and flat black with red pinstriping. I'm open to ideas too. keep in mind- the riced-out body kit is stayin'. :thumb:
By dbrooks
#260998 blue camo dude! that would be pretty cool :thumb:
By gostt
#261000 I really dont like it.

I'm not against modded cars, but here, i think you need to redone the whole kit. Exit the large fenders, frond fenders and side skirt.