Post YOUR Hatchback here
By davidomalley
#255480 What's up from Chicago. I have a 1993 Civic CX that was recently in an accident. It's my daily comuter. Well over 30 MPG with winding out the gears. This sparked me to fix up my ole girl. I have had it for over 10 years and watch the rust & small dings grow. Now I will be working on her with lots of love and sweat. I thank this forum so many of my questions. the how-to section is great.
My plans are to fix the rust, get it sprayed [eventually], install new back bumper, get some coilovers [better ride and marginal handeling] looking at tien basics, and maybe even a rear trailing arm / integra swap. Also in the works in LCAs and possibly sway bar & reinforcement.

next step is handle the "honda rust" & a new set of tires. I still like my 1991 CRX Si NINJA wheels. Was the wifes car, had major frame damage and well over 250K miles. I sold it for $600 last year. Took off the wheels and various upgrades.

Here are some pics of my car.

Crash

rust - bought the full rear panels from fixmyrust.com

junk yard find - best in chicago - again auto 1300 North Kostner http://www.chicagoautoparts.net

94 Integra - trailing arms with rear discs

garage work

Finally to new front end. Luckly that only the panels were damaged and not engine components. only the airbox was sacraficed.
Image[/url]
Last edited by davidomalley on Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By Gustavo
#255488 :thumb: Great save. Now can't wait 4 more updates.
By davidomalley
#255507 I will be doing some minor primer painting just to inhibit the rust for now. In the next couple weeks I plan on hitting up the new rear panels. gotta get prepared and get my hands dirty. keeps my mind clean.
By Apexracing
#255510 great save indeed. i miss my eg hatch, but am glad it went to a good home rather than juking it after my small accident. keep up the good work.
By 603 jdm
#255511 if you wanna see some rust check out my coupe ha i wish i only had that much. good save! if you want better gas mileage and a lil more pep in ur b7 id suggest check the valve clearence its pretty straight forward and help with mine its part of the maintnence and is recommended every 15k miles.
By Apexracing
#255512 being a cx it should have the d15b8 8 valve econo motor. around 76 horse, and very long transmission gears.
By davidomalley
Apexracing wrote:being a cx it should have the d15b8 8 valve econo motor. around 76 horse, and very long transmission gears.

yes it does have the economical trans with extremely long gears. great mpg, but not so fun. later down the road i am looking at a D16Z6 or a D16A JDM with trans swap as well. But that's after I get the body work done and the handling stiffened up a bit.
By jayEGR
#255585 this looks like a build to look forward to ,wish i can find some teggy traling arms like tht out here in the O :thumb: but good shit like the new front end
By 1ACarlos
#255619 Very good start. I would have gotten a hatch myself.
By davidomalley
davidomalley wrote:
Apexracing wrote:being a cx it should have the d15b8 8 valve econo motor. around 76 horse, and very long transmission gears.

yes it does have the economical trans with extremely long gears. great mpg, but not so fun. later down the road i am looking at a D16Z6 or a D16A JDM with trans swap as well. But that's after I get the body work done and the handling stiffened up a bit.

As you can see I have a S20 Trans and a D15B JDM - non VTEC.
By Apexracing
#255643 yes i know i used to have a 95 cx my self.
By Apexracing
#255768 Any idea what color you would like to go with once the body work is done? I wasnt bashing the motor just correcting another poster :). and i like the crx wheels are they light?